Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Rating system
Rating system
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-06-06 02:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we recently got rid of [-] on forums.
Should get rid of em on player comments?

Every player i see with "congrats that" is always -#

Jealous people are haters yeah yeah.

Just seems like another flame thing that might jeopardize google or w/e.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2011-06-06 02:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

might as well. ppl dont only rate down because of hateration, but they rate down ppl that arent liked very much. i see it like a popularity status or so.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-06-06 03:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

iono i see pretty nice people, good comments.
but all [-]
The only comments [+] are flame comments on the worst players.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-12 11:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump to support this.
[-] was removed from posts, do the same with profile comments and screenshots comments.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-12 11:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Bump to support this.
[-] was removed from posts, do the same with profile comments and screenshots comments.
Pls do, posting a positive comment on a artwork and getting rated down for litterally no reason is getting odd.

Same for profile comments <.<
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-12 12:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What about item comments? It's nice to have those get hidden when people post inaccurate information and/or is using that space to let people know that they are buying every single piece of this item on their server....
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-12 12:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
What about item comments? It's nice to have those get hidden when people post inaccurate information and/or is using that space to let people know that they are buying every single piece of this item on their server....

Should delete not related comment, that is all.
Using the report fonction.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-12 12:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
That's the only instance where the feature is useful at all.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-08-12 12:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
we will still have +1 to separate comments like we always have had

Just like on profiles and pictures...
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-12 12:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Deathknight said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
we will still have +1 to separate comments like we always have had

Just like on profiles and pictures...

I can pretty much speak for everyone when I say that we don't want the [+] removed we want the [-] removed like posts.

if you don't agree or don't like just don't [+].
Not complicated and it will take away the random haters that get nice comment down rated so bad they get hidden (I saw numerous nice comments get rated down like crazy on pictures).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-08-12 12:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't make sense to remove [-] from forums but keep it everywhere else, in fact I don't even know why they removed [-] in the first place from forums, and I know this isn't the first time its been brought up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-12 12:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bringing an exemple:
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/59285
Konvict's commentis no where near insulting or mean, he is saying congratulation but because alot of ppl dont like him, he get his positive comment hiden.

This need to stop.
This was 1 exemple in countless of screenshots.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-12 12:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We should make it so everyone has to rate a 10 on all screenshots.

/sarcasm
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-12 13:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bringing an exemple:
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/59285
Konvict's commentis no where near insulting or mean, he is saying congratulation but because alot of ppl dont like him, he get his positive comment hiden.

This need to stop.
This was 1 exemple in countless of screenshots.
People (including myself) rated it down because it comes across as arrogant and egotistical. I in no way view it as saying "congratulation"; it's just a snide remark.

Furthermore comments on original artwork are usually treated kindly, as well as screenshots that are genuinely interesting (funny, unique, noteworthy, omgwtfbbq) to the mass populace.

No one cares about the 8,000th Kannagi completion, except maybe 3 people who helped create it (if anyone at all). People aren't hating, people aren't jealous, they simply don't give a *** about your ***, to put it bluntly. When you post a screenshot to FFXIAH, you're making it available to a global community. How can you not assume that most of these people couldn't care less about your personal "achievements'?

There is an option to disable both comments and ratings when posting a screenshot. If you don't want whatever you are posting to be critiqued at all, then try employing them. This goes particularly towards "accomplishment" screens and anyone under the delusion that there are people who exist solely to hate the things you do.
[+]
By Nevill 2011-08-12 13:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You obviously cared enough to rate it down.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-08-12 13:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't talk back to him, hes got a mythic and achievement points on his side, hes better then you!
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-12 13:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I choose a bad exemple, I saw a RL screenshot where there was a guy who said that this perticular girl was cute.Thats it.Guy got so much [-] that his comment got hidden.Just because he is a regular poster.Cannot fin the SS >.<

It's what I want to show.Like me who put a positive comment on some1 artwork and get -3.When the 2 other ppl commented similar comment but they havent gotten rate down.

I don't really care but I would be damn mad if my nice comment get hidden just because some ***/idiots don't like me on the forum.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-08-12 13:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If comments on your pictures bother you that much... disable the comments.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-12 13:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
If comments on your pictures bother you that much... disable the comments.
It's not my picture <.<
Can't you guys read?
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-12 13:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And we actually just propose to dispose of rate-down, it's not comments the point.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-12 14:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got nothing against Kong but I find there's a strange irony in his post when compared to his avatar.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-12 14:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We are asking to get rid of the [-] because there is ppl positively commenting on some1's picture and get hidden because of the hater/jealous/idiots that rate down for the sake of using rate down.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2011-08-12 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Get rid of the [-] and the [+]. Then everything will be equal all the time.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-12 14:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the only reason it was removed from forums was because of abuse. People would intentionally go rating down (using multiple accounts no less) any post by a particular poster simply due to the ease of being able to see their post history. There is no search feature for comments so someone would need to be very persistent to "hate" on any particular person. This is a rather absurd assumption. Consider it's more likely the case that among a very large amount of people, some of them are going to voice their opinion that the input you're giving, if any, isn't meaningful or noteworthy.

Personally I'd rather see the [-] reinstated. There are posts that should simply be hidden just because they're so horrible or inaccurate that most people shouldn't look at them for fear they actually believe what they're reading. Wouldn't it be easier to block someone who is systematically rating down the same poster repeatedly? That is the only problem I see.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-08-12 14:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Id have to agree with vaness, all the - on SS/comments is annoying. Their realy is no need for it. The only area they are actuly handy in is on actull item pages.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-08-12 14:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said:
Get rid of the [-] and the [+]. Then everything will be equal all the time.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-12 14:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said:
I think the only reason it was removed from forums was because of abuse. People would intentionally go rating down (using multiple accounts no less) any post by a particular poster simply due to the ease of being able to see their post history. There is no search feature for comments so someone would need to be very persistent to "hate" on any particular person. This is a rather absurd assumption.
While thats true in theory it doesn't stop people from just rateing down when ever they see some one commenting on a pic... I can't remember who did it but someone came across a pic where someone was rated down and buch, copies their comment exactly and that person ended up being rated up a bunch. Exact same comment, just different posters.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-12 14:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Ragnarok.Kongming said:
I think the only reason it was removed from forums was because of abuse. People would intentionally go rating down (using multiple accounts no less) any post by a particular poster simply due to the ease of being able to see their post history. There is no search feature for comments so someone would need to be very persistent to "hate" on any particular person. This is a rather absurd assumption.
While thats true in theory it doesn't stop people from just rateing down when ever they see some one commenting on a pic... I can't remember who did it but someone came across a pic where someone was rated down and buch, copies their comment exactly and that person ended up being rated up a bunch. Exact same comment, just different posters.
this^^
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7