Who Wants Asuran Fists?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Who wants Asuran Fists?!
Who wants Asuran Fists?!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 10:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean Afflictors right? *** Avengers.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-21 10:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
They're both gimp
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-21 10:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Forum>>FFXI>>Jobs>>Monk>>Who wants a pet?!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-21 10:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:

Yeah, Afflictors. Can't tell you how many MNKs I see using them exclusively when things like Taurine exist.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 10:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
They're both gimp
I know, dude.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 10:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Yeah, Afflictors. Can't tell you how many MNKs I see using them exclusively when things like Taurine exist.
Or Destroyers.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-06-21 10:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd prefer the devs spent their time on things that anyone other than you would remotely give a ***about.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sharkycan
user: Sharkycan
By Carbuncle.Sharkycan 2011-06-21 11:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP cannot out DD equally geared MNKs without their automation. However, any PUP could be able to out DD any MNK with their BLM frame out. Swapping in pet MAB when a spell hits and ice maneuvers with the right attachments should make this no contest if you add that to the PUPs dmg.

PUP takes a lot more skill, preparation, and timing to play the job well than MNK does, which is why there is "lolPUP". There aren't many that play it well.

As for the thread topic, PUP gets barely anything to help with triggers. It would be nice to get one more, but I don't think we "need" it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-21 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
PUP cannot out DD equally geared MNKs without their automation. However, any PUP could be able to out DD any MNK with their BLM frame out. Swapping in pet MAB when a spell hits and ice maneuvers with the right attachments should make this no contest if you add that to the PUPs dmg.

Not really. Setting up blm auto isn't all gain, hurts the master's dmg. No where close to no contest really. Not to mention AoEs can rly mess that arrangement up anyways
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-06-21 11:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I have neither taurine cesti yet or destroyers ..

i had destroyers and tossed em then leveled monk like 6 mths later -.-;

Also I want the str h2h first but trying to finish a ukon and ele staves I only have so many slots to use :P

/shrug im gimpeh but I acknowledge it
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-21 11:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that's rather easy would work for now and wouldn't take much time to get, either.

My first choice for non taurine no magian (and of course no smite) mnks.

Though, if you were on my server, you'd have at least Taurine.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-06-21 11:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Good idea tiger ^6 I will look into getting those asap!

I do like monk VERY MUCH but everyone knows my time and effort goes into my blm and whm first <3 they are my true loves!
 Carbuncle.Sharkycan
By Carbuncle.Sharkycan 2011-06-21 11:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I am talking about single targets and yes this is situational depending on the enemy.

With approximately 6.5k(3k outside abyssea) dmg X 2 every ~1min from blm frame T5 + the dmg of a well geared PUP is hard to beat. If your puppet dies or gets hurt there is dues ex and oils. Of course certain NMs will take less dmg but that goes for all dmg depending on the situation.

Mind you PUPs can't tank anywhere near as well as a MNK, but that wasn't in the initial argument.

edit: Although I haven't really tried tanking on PUP(Only solo). I tank on MNK usually.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-21 12:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sharkycan said:
Yes I am talking about single targets and yes this is situational depending on the enemy.

With approximately 6.5k(3k outside abyssea) dmg X 2 every ~1min from blm frame T5 + the dmg of a well geared PUP is hard to beat. If your puppet dies or gets hurt there is dues ex and oils. Of course certain NMs will take less dmg but that goes for all dmg depending on the situation.

Mind you PUPs can't tank anywhere near as well as a MNK, but that wasn't in the initial argument.
I'm talking in general. There may be 1 mob out there in the game that brd can out DD pup, but that doesn't make it a better DD.

But even if you are going into specifics, if you're doing 6.5k nukes, the damage from the master is negligible because you obviously have atmas geared towards nuking. Oils have a recast and if you're using Deus, the first thing the puppet will do is cast aspir or drain, so you're getting no damage from that.

Anything that can use -ga spells or has multiple aoe tp moves (or both), pup is practically useless on, so I'm not sure exactly which monsters you're speaking of for these 1 on 1 battles. You don't go up to a little exp mob and just fight one and most of the NMs that are worth fighting have some type of AoE
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-21 12:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, you could just play a job because you enjoy it. If you don't like the DMG it puts out then go play something that can put out big numbers. I play the jobs that I enjoy, nothing more nothing less. Less QQ maor Pewpew. MNK can deal more dmg than PUP, but PUP is a more versitile job than MNK. MNK can't go out subless fighting Tough mobs without stopping. I would like to say a PUP can due to it's Puppet curing it. A subless PUP can't tank an IT+++ like a subless MNK can. PUP is a pet job, it's made to be versitile.

Why do people think damage output is the only way to make jobs 'equal.' True BSTs that took the job to 75 pre-EXP change (had to release your pet @1% health to get full exp and spam a WS) leveled the job because they loved it and it could do what other could not.
 Carbuncle.Sharkycan
By Carbuncle.Sharkycan 2011-06-21 12:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Now your just being anal. I said I was talking about single targets and pup wouldn't always out dd mnk on every NM. There are NMs that are a pain for PUP, hence the "situational". I didn't say PUP will always out DD a mnk. I said it can.
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2011-06-21 12:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Myself as PUP I have done some nasty damage here and there. Can it outdamage a MNK? no. Can it do small time damage boost outside abyssea that MNK cant match? sure.

I enjoy PUP and I find myself playing both MNK and PUP. I can work faster and kill faster as PUP. Yeah the damage is lower and I can not hit as fast but hey it works good for me.

Yes there are lolpups out there but the job is skill heavy and requires people who can play well. You just have to find them who take the job seriously.

As for what the OP stated, PUP does not need Asuran Fists. Yes they raised the cap but honestly with Strinnging Pummel and Victory Smite, who needs it? So maybe we cant proc without out, to say the least have you tried using your puppet to make the mob Proc? I know it works. Just takes some time to test and figure out.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-06-21 13:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. So, you want the development team to waste time implementing this into the game because

"mah pup haz no wsnm"

You don't even want the WS. You only want a red proc. Go level warrior.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-21 13:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sharkycan said:
I didn't say PUP will always out DD a mnk. I said it can.
Yes, and brd can out DD pup, as well as whm, blm, dnc, cor etc. What's your point?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 14:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Right. So, you want the development team to waste time implementing this into the game because

"mah pup haz no wsnm"

Didn't realize that Asuran Fists proced Red. Well damn.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-21 15:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap at this thread.
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-21 15:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot to add Ninja and Blade: Ku to your list. It adds to your point, ninja should be on that list two times.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-21 15:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said:
Shiva.Superdan said:

"mah pup haz no wsnm"

Didn't realize that Asuran Fists proced Red. Well damn.
it can
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-06-21 15:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would pup want Asuran Fists anyway really?

I'm a monk w/o Victory Smite or Asectic's Fury.
I use Backhand Blow. Asuran is crap. Never saw Asuran bust out 2k dmg on Orthus(500dmg asuran is normal), but backhand blow does. Seen my best numbers on harder stuff with backhand blow as apposed to other mnk ws's.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-21 15:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said:
You know, you could just play a job because you enjoy it. If you don't like the DMG it puts out then go play something that can put out big numbers. I play the jobs that I enjoy, nothing more nothing less. Less QQ maor Pewpew. MNK can deal more dmg than PUP, but PUP is a more versitile job than MNK. MNK can't go out subless fighting Tough mobs without stopping. I would like to say a PUP can due to it's Puppet curing it. A subless PUP can't tank an IT+++ like a subless MNK can. PUP is a pet job, it's made to be versitile.

Why do people think damage output is the only way to make jobs 'equal.' True BSTs that took the job to 75 pre-EXP change (had to release your pet @1% health to get full exp and spam a WS) leveled the job because they loved it and it could do what other could not.

Nobody is saying you can't level PUP because you enjoy it. But somebody ignorantly stated that PUP can outdamage an equally geared MNK, which is just flat out wrong.

My main job has been SAM since 2004, and currently it's a subpar DD inside of Abyssea, (although only as subpar as the player makes it), but I enjoy the job so I continue to play it. You don't see me saying that a SAM can outdamage an equally geared WAR though, do you?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-21 15:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said:

ITT: Fighting without sub jobs matters.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-21 15:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

I use Backhand Blow. Asuran is crap. Never saw Asuran bust out 2k dmg on Orthus(500dmg asuran is normal), but backhand blow does. Seen my best numbers on harder stuff with backhand blow as apposed to other mnk ws's.

Blue proc would be my guess, but dunno why you wouldn't just job change to MNK.
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-06-21 15:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

ITT: Fighting without sub jobs matters.

Raja

Cause he's like 99% of the game.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-21 15:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its been clear now, the answer to your title is, No one.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-21 15:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

Blue proc would be my guess, but dunno why you wouldn't just job change to MNK.

That and the 240 or so non Abyssea zones?