One Time GM Item Restore Function Really One Time?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » One time GM item restore function really one time?
One time GM item restore function really one time?
First Page 2
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-03-30 15:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know if its really only once per account? or is it like once... a year? let me know if uve ever had to deal with it. and what you may have had restored before :)
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-30 15:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's once every few months or so. There's no real "limit" but it's based on how often you call GMs and such.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-03-30 15:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told by a GM when he had to restore my item that it was a once per account deal, whether he was bluffing to make sure I watched what I did or if he was telling the truth I don't know.

He was very nice though, apparantly I sold the item in question to a NPC and to get it back I had to pay the amount that I got from the NPC, problem though was I didn't have the amount needed (was like 3k off) so he gave it to me for what I had in my possesion at the time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-30 15:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

toss your relic once every two weeks and see how long it takes untill they say "too bad."
You'd be doing the whole community a huge favor for finding out for use how often we can do it.
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-30 15:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
toss your relic once every two weeks and see how long it takes untill they say "too bad."
You'd be doing the whole community a huge favor for finding out for use how often we can do it.

^this rofl
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
Server: Ramuh
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-03-30 16:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

lol well i totally ran outta conquest points this time for my ptr.prt arrow... and i dont shoot it that often.. so this is nice maybe the next time i shoot it in like a year ill be able to just recall it back :)
 Ragnarok.Miraeldito
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Miraeldito 2009-03-30 16:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

All the times (was 3 or 4) I've asked a GM to do something over lost item or gill they've always found some reason to say "sorry I can't".
 Kujata.Gooby
Server: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-03-30 16:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Miraeldito said:
All the times (was 3 or 4) I've asked a GM to do something over lost item or gill they've always found some reason to say "sorry I can't".

Yeah, it depends on how you word it. They only restore items you accidentally dropped or NPC'd. Any other item restore requests are trivial and really up to the GM, most are denied (shot your w/e Arrow, hit the wrong item on desynth, e.t.c. ).
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-03-30 17:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Miraeldito said:

as gooby said, it's all up to how you word it and the mood of the GM, I know when I went to submit my ticket about it I spent a good hour making sure that I worded it just right and didn't make it sound like "Hey, I lost it gimme nao!"

If it's a honest mistake most GMs will sympathize with you and get you your item back.

Just remember not to get cocky with them, be calm, be nice, and wait your turn /laugh.
 Siren.Tidon
Server: Siren
user: Tidon
By Siren.Tidon 2009-03-30 20:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

last time gm told me they can restore items from 1week ago, thats too bad, I want my bibiki back :/
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-30 20:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Apply some basic customer service/support logic. There's no real reason to have the item/account restore coded into the back end so that it can be done once, and once only, chances are it's a matter of policy for the GM team. This is the usual "one time courtesy" most companies grant all their customers, and potentially to very few people more than once, but only under extenuating circumstances.

ie. If you're regular Joe Average Player that doesn't get GMs called on them, and doesn't harass the GMs alot you're probably in line to get your stuff back once in a blue moon if the worst should happen. On the other hand, if you're a giant asshat and cause problems for the GMs, and/or get your account hacked on a regular basis, then you're probably SOL after your first restore, if they even grant you the first one.

It's a state of detente between the GMs and the players. If the general player base gets wind of GMs recovering every crapped out Nyzul drop they're going to get completely overrun by requests to to recover trivial crap like CP arrows and Steam Clocks.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-30 20:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten my PPA back twice in 1 week. First time they told me its a "one time only" thing, the second time GM said something about they gave it back to me a few days ago. Just make sure you make the call right after you lost it, they need to know what time and in which zone you lost it.

Also, I would think it really depends on the GM. Same with r/l police right? while one police may give you a ticket coz he had a bad day, another one would have let you off with a warning.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-03-30 22:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I dropped something out of anger on a Sunday. I called a GM on like, the Thursday following. The GM said as long you make the call within 7 days of losing the item something can be done about it. GM checked my account to see I never got an Item recovered in the 4 years I've been playing. I gave then an exact time and day of when I dropped it (I took a screenshot just in case so checked 'properties' for the time the file was created). 16 hours later I got a PoL mail saying there wasn't enough evidence... WTF?. So there goes that item.
 Ragnarok.Miraeldito
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Miraeldito 2009-03-31 05:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gooby said:
Miraeldito said:

Yeah, it depends on how you word it. They only restore items you accidentally dropped or NPC'd. Any other item restore requests are trivial and really up to the GM, most are denied (shot your w/e Arrow, hit the wrong item on desynth, e.t.c. ).

well, having another blm warping the party accidentaly after a BCNM that dropped 2 utsu scroll, before the pool unloaded sounds to me an equal, if not better, motivation than accidentally dropped, or not?
in synthesis the answer from GM was "I can't becouse the items has never been in your possession" ... wtf XD
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-03-31 06:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Miraeldito said:
Gooby said:
Miraeldito said:

well, having another blm warping the party accidentaly after a BCNM that dropped 2 utsu scroll, before the pool unloaded sounds to me an equal, if not better, motivation than accidentally dropped, or not?
in synthesis the answer from GM was "I can't becouse the items has never been in your possession" ... wtf XD

ya seen this couple times once in sky with a seal and another time with a znm that invo filled with junk as it droped for person causeing it hit the ground. Its really dumb that they wont even when others vouch it suposed to gone to them and notlike u should justbe able pick it up off ground in first place. :\

edit: i did play joke on friend before saying there osode i was trading back to them after einjahar droped to ground when someone warped me in mid trade :D
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 07:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
Miraeldito said:
Gooby said:
Miraeldito said:

ya seen this couple times once in sky with a seal and another time with a znm that invo filled with junk as it droped for person causeing it hit the ground. Its really dumb that they wont even when others vouch it suposed to gone to them and notlike u should justbe able pick it up off ground in first place. :\

edit: i did play joke on friend before saying there osode i was trading back to them after einjahar droped to ground when someone warped me in mid trade :D

It's actually completely true, if an item never makes it from synth or treasure pool into your inventory, there's nothing that can be done. Apparently the item never really exists until it hits your inventory or something.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2289 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-07-07 11:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A note to all dont drop your relic reforged +1 by accident as they wont/cant restore or so i was told today after i did by accident.

Right now the way the game is going that makes me want to drop this game out of a window ....... I have never droped anything b4 but apparantly they are on the exception list .... well stuff you se i play for 9 years on and off and ask you once just once for help..
By Elazar1 2015-07-07 11:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunamae said: »
A note to all dont drop your relic reforged +1 by accident as they wont/cant restore or so i was told today after i did by accident.

Right now the way the game is going that makes me want to drop this game out of a window ....... I have never droped anything b4 but apparantly they are on the exception list .... well stuff you se i play for 9 years on and off and ask you once just once for help..
well lets be honest its not like its losing BB OR dring back in the day or a M/R/E now. but thanks for the heads up.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-07-07 11:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It is to me if it been me tizona i just finished i would have deleted char on the spot if said cant restore ffxi been part be life long time i met me husband in here me char named after me kid lol, its like a kick in the face when i ask one thing in 9 years and its sorry but i cannot help.........

It may be silly but i was really happy when i thought i finished me first bst 119 set but now i feel like total s*** so stuff it
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2015-07-07 12:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they can restore augmented items or items with quest data attached.
By swordwiz 2015-07-07 12:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They can do what ever they want to its just a matter of motivating them to do it for you
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-07 13:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Make another GM call, try and speak to a different person and ask again. Maybe you just got a GM who couldn't be bothered. Any item in the game can be returned to you providing you can prove where and when it was lost.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By dustinfoley 2015-07-07 13:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic is easy to replace, may cost you a penny or two, but yeah can be done in a day easily now.

AF not so much, since I am pretty sure you would need a gm to at least give you back the lower level version.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-07 13:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Relic is easy to replace, may cost you a penny or two, but yeah can be done in a day easily now.

AF not so much, since I am pretty sure you would need a gm to at least give you back the lower level version.
You can re-quest lv60 af as long as you've completed all 5 pieces. Just reset the quest at the npc in lower jeuno.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-07 13:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't restore anything that has been through trials of magians, however, they can restore it to it's base form. Wouldn't be much use in restoring a piece of relic to it's base, but a relic weapon or mythic would be a different story.

For example a friend of mine dropped his 119 relic dagger, he called a GM to have it restored. The GM said he couldn't restore the 119 version, he could only restore the Lv.75 version of it.

So I mean, if you did drop your Tizona, it'd be a pain for sure to 119 again, but at least you wouldn't need to start from scratch.
By dustinfoley 2015-07-07 14:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

75-119 is still only a days work for a mythic (or it was for me because getting to the 75 stage i was collecting PW items, as well as building zeni/pops).

Asura.Calatilla said: »
dustinfoley said: »

You can re-quest lv60 af as long as you've completed all 5 pieces. Just reset the quest at the npc in lower jeuno.

Good to know, never accidently/on purpose threw away a piece so i didnt even know.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-07-07 14:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have nearly replaced but im pissed still over 3mill, all me vouchrs, sparks, login points on alot of mules to get all 5's and 10's....... Im more annoyed the fact i played so long and all i get back is sorry cant help ffs i pay ur wages lol
I was just lucky im a hoarder and has base feet on moogle or i might have just cancelled account for a month i was so ruddy annoyed, having to farm the feet again would has put the pissed of counter off the chart lol...
By Jetackuu 2015-07-07 14:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, 1 piece is really nothing.
First Page 2