Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 45 46 47
 Phoenix.Gustavve
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-02 09:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Grabbed what could be relevant to paladin off a thread that was nuked or moved. Not sure who originally posted. Will definitely change some gear sets around.
I saw somewhere that Ochain will get an 2 additional vit and 5% dt to mp. Aegis will get another 5% mdt (another shield bash maybe?).

Ochain 95 will be able to get 40% DT to MP on shield blocks and 10% on everything else with af3+2 head/Ethereal/new waist.

I only see inventory -1 without and inventory +1.... RAAAGGGEEEE
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-02 09:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What current gear can PLD get with cure potency? Anything augmentable?

ACP legs 5% (Not an option for me :<)
Hospitaler earring 5%
Adaman head 5%
Shield 5%
???
???
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-02 09:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
What current gear can PLD get with cure potency? Anything augmentable?

Hospitaler earring 5%
Adaman head 5%
Shield 5%
???
???

Hosp Earring, Kaiser/Koenig Head(adaman is fugly), Oneiros earring on self cures, Shantato's legs.

Very efficient at cures...
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-02 09:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh Onerias earring, missed that one thanks. My adaman has regen+3 on it in addition to cure pot so i like it lol. So thats like

Earringx2 10%
Aad/koenig head 5%
Shield(better choices but just for max potency sake) 5%
shantoto legs 5%

25% damn bro
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-02 09:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Ooh Onerias earring, missed that one thanks. My adaman has regen+3 on it in addition to cure pot so i like it lol. So thats like

Earringx2 10%
Aad/koenig head 5%
Shield(better choices but just for max potency sake) 5%
shantoto legs 5%

25% damn bro

FWIW there is also a 10% club right now and a 10% sword in the dats for 95.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-02 09:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

45%, pld/nin main healer !

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-04 15:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan to get ochain at some point, maybe, but is dagadas shield or seguiner shield better?
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-09-04 15:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dagda's unless you're getting nuked... but overall I would say Dagda's >>> Seigneur
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-04 15:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mainly use pld for Voidwatch and I get nuked constantly. Just wasn't sure if the extra DEF and cure pot would be better.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-09-04 16:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Still, I would take Dagda's, 5 mdb is nice... but 5 cure pot is better imo
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-20 11:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Palisade starts with a strong boost to shield block and diminishes. I was skilling shield while getting pld cleaved to 95. I popped Palisade with 15-20 Cluckatrice and Aegis. This first 10 seconds I did not miss a block but non blocks became more and more frequent. Small sample size/ eyeballing yea.

The new shield is around 5% FC. Got the drop from a hkcnm and tested it with reprisal.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2011-09-20 12:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gustavve said: »
I think Palisade starts with a strong boost to shield block and diminishes. I was skilling shield while getting pld cleaved to 95. I popped Palisade with 15-20 Cluckatrice and Aegis. This first 10 seconds I did not miss a block but non blocks became more and more frequent. Small sample size/ eyeballing yea.

The new shield is around 5% FC. Got the drop from a hkcnm and tested it with reprisal.
Small sample but its something.
On the test server, with Aegis on Spectators I notice a 83% (44/53) and 80%(52/65) block rate with it up. I didn't notice it diminishing.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-20 13:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I went back to check my logs and it doesn't look like it was diminishing. I was going by animation on a quick glance before changing to another job.

I'd like to do testing this weekend. Anyone have a good mob or group of mobs to do this on? For the high end block rate I need some that doesn't have an attack boost or defense down.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-09-21 16:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't planned on doing any 95 block rate tests since the test server results for Aegis 95 didn't show anything that would lead me to believe there was a block rate increase. However I'd be more than grateful if you did those tests Gustavve.

I'm going to try to find some time to see if Aegis95 plds can get to 95% MDT this weekend, or if there is a hard cap before that number (something like 87.5 or something).

If anyone else has results before I get them, feel free to post.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-21 16:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your view on Almace/Burtgang/Excalibur now?
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-21 16:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
I'm going to try to find some time to see if Aegis95 plds can get to 95% MDT this weekend, or if there is a hard cap before that number (something like 87.5 or something). If anyone else has results before I get them, feel free to post.
Will this be just mdt testing or including if mdb counts toward that cap or is a seperate calculation(ie goes passed that cap). Reason I ask is because some people were claiming seeing only double digit numbers on their 1% meteor from ks99 KB when thats impossible outside of mdb gear surpassing the mdt cap or there is no mdt cap with aegis or it scales differently after the 50% cap with aegis on.

Austar said:
And that^, Im currently working on Almace, and in time Ochain when Im not lazy. Off by 60(100s) from excalibur I think and just curious how almace handles on bigger things or just to swap some currency around and stick with Aegis.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-21 16:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

MDB bonus will never make you take 0 damage though I don't think
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-21 16:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
MDB bonus will never make you take 0 damage though I don't think
Nothing should tbh, but its a relic so its prone to breaking limits and rules(although yes, mdb wont let you take 0 damage).
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-21 16:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

well from what i always knew it was multiplied, the mdt and mdb.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Casp
user: Mazerati
By Leviathan.Casp 2011-09-21 17:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-09-21 17:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Same answer as always: A good Pld should have all 3 lol (Not the most realistic answer, but 2 of the 3 is pretty obtainable and 1 of the 3 is the minimum standard).

I've found Burt to be pretty useful since the only fights I bring Pld to are ones where survivability and keeping the mob locked on me is the primary goal (and not damage). These being mobs where CDC does poorly and the added DoT from excal isn't needed (have other damage sources).

Excal shines in low man situations where I need to pull my own weight in the DD department. Almace shines a bit more on mobs where my pDif isn't *** and thus allows me to keep hate better and contribute to damage. However, just from personal experience, if I'm fighting something where CDC doesn't suck, I should probably be on another job.

As for the MDT/MDB question above:

MDB has nothing to do with the MDT cap, they're seperate terms. So you can get 90-95% MDT (whatever the actual cap ends up being) and still get more MDB to further negate damage.

However! Due to the nature of the magic damage calcuation, you get decreasing benefits from MDB as your native MDT goes up. A Pld with 95% MDT would see very little difference in his magic damage taken from even large doses of MDB (Not to say it isn't worth it to still use MDB in other slots when your MDT is capped).

If you're seeing 0 damage however, you're either resisting, reducing the damage to below phalanx level, or getting a shadow ring proc. MDT and MDB aren't additive, so they wont add together to break the magic damage barrier.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-21 21:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So for an up and coming PLD, Aegis or Excalibur first?
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-22 08:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to parse the block rate and dmg recuded on Aegis/Ochain but defensive detail is not populating. I'm not engaging nor killing any of them.

Does this have something to do with dual boxing? I'm using the memlocs and parsing from ram. Can someone help with this?

Right now I'm using DC crawlers in Rolan (s).
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-09-22 08:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

KParser? Make sure "Specify process when starting" is selected in the options, and check memloc is correct

So for an up and coming PLD, Aegis or Excalibur first?

I'd wager on Aegis, for the most part can make up for Excalibur with Almace on a good portion of things.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-22 08:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using kparser with the updated memlocs. For some reason defensive detail does not populate when I use my main. I had to turn the filters off on my mule and choose his process. It still doesn't populate until I quit the parse, which would be annoying if it still doesn't work after 2 hours of parsing. What could be part of the issue is this shows up in the "Fights" column, although I'm still holding the crawlers.

Fight # Enemy Killed? Killed By Start Time End Time Fight Length Exp Chain
1 Champion Crawler False 8:23 AM 8:25 AM 00:01:56 0 0
2 Champion Crawler False 8:26 AM 8:27 AM 00:01:03 0 0
3 Champion Crawler False 8:33 AM 8:33 AM 00:00:04 0 0
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-09-22 09:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same thing happen to me a while back and I couldn't fix it (still broken). I just turned off the memloc space and had it parse directly from chat log. I'm not sure what the problem is to be honest and hope it gets fixed soon.

Oh, and to the previous question:

Aegis or Excal: Aegis without a doubt (answer would have been different before the MDT cap break).
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-22 09:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gustavve said: »
I'm trying to parse the block rate and dmg recuded on Aegis/Ochain but defensive detail is not populating. I'm not engaging nor killing any of them. Does this have something to do with dual boxing? I'm using the memlocs and parsing from ram. Can someone help with this? Right now I'm using DC crawlers in Rolan (s).
Just send Kine a pm about it and see if he might know what you are doing wrong, or if its a known bug. PM>>>>>> Motenten[Fenrir]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 45 46 47