Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 45 46 47
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-06-17 01:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

aeronx said: »
Odin.Botosi said: »
Just nitpicking but you can add 1 enmity from provocare ring over vexer +1.

He could also use merits as well.
oh yea, 4 from merits, 2 from earthcry amtle, 1 from provocare, so +82 enmity w/o burt, with +100 so yea lol if u get burtgang you can have 100 enmity
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-06-17 08:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone with a Burtgang do any Atonement testing yet? ty
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-17 08:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

don't need a burtgang to test atonement

just saiyan
 Phoenix.Aegislash
Server: Phoenix
user: aeronx
By Phoenix.Aegislash 2014-06-17 08:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 1592 with burtgang and ogiers legs on with atonement.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-06-17 11:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
1072 was atonement cap w/ burt pre update, it does 1700~ now, 1990 on undeads in ra'kaznar, Achuka took 2550 every time, its deff way better dmg.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-06-17 11:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
don't need a burtgang to test atonement

just saiyan
Konvict prolly meant atonement cap. As atonement caps higher with a burtgang.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-17 12:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It just gets a multiplier; I wouldn't say that it caps higher.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-17 12:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can do test on post-update Atonement without Burtgang accurately, and add multiplier from Burtgang later if you care to.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-06-17 12:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i cap to 1731DMG with:
ItemSet 324990
any idea to boost damage ?
 Cerberus.Krispy
Server: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-17 16:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought about putting haste instead, but I think this will be more beneficial for my PLD for cures.

By aeronx 2014-06-17 16:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krispy said: »
Thought about putting haste instead, but I think this will be more beneficial for my PLD for cures.

I was thinking to put 3FC on those gloves and the shark boots to raise our FC cap.
[+]
By aeronx 2014-06-17 16:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
1072 was atonement cap w/ burt pre update, it does 1700~ now, 1990 on undeads in ra'kaznar, Achuka took 2550 every time, its deff way better dmg.

I'm wondering if the dmg cap now is lvl specific? Anyone else notice that its a lot easier to reach the dmg cap on atonement now as well?
By amadis 2014-06-18 03:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
aeronx said: »
Odin.Botosi said: »
Just nitpicking but you can add 1 enmity from provocare ring over vexer +1.

He could also use merits as well.
oh yea, 4 from merits, 2 from earthcry amtle, 1 from provocare, so +82 enmity w/o burt, with +100 so yea lol if u get burtgang you can have 100 enmity

Induro Cuisses too
 Phoenix.Aegislash
By Phoenix.Aegislash 2014-06-18 03:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it looks like the Crusade spell is just a renamed Animus Augeo it probably gives +20 enmity to the gear cap.

This is really a huge letdown. Why do they keep trying to make it so that we can gain enmity faster? Do they really think that rate of enmity generation is the problem, like seriously do they play this *** game.

Pld needs specific jas/mas that augment the total enmity cap for X amount of time. I'm not saying fulltime because I understand the argument that itll be game breaking. But honestly the game mechanics are pretty broken right now so really I don't see why ppl would mind so much. Or they could just decrease the cooldown on cover which would work as well, specifically if you could full time it because the reliance on rngs would be moot. I know that enmity control isn't the only benefit of bring a rng so rngs don't get your panties in a twist but its a huge *** factor. The majority of melee dd deaths I have seen have been from direct ws attacks not aoes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-18 03:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Crusade would've been a perfect opportunity to "fix" tanking... or at least, make it more reasonable for a tank to actually do their job rather than be completely worthless unless you're bringing RNGs as your sole means of damage.

A spell is the ideal medium to implement an enmity cap breaking mechanic. Having RUN, NIN, and PLD able to break the cap naturally would arguably be pretty *** dumb, but attaching the cost of casting time, MP cost, and duration management (and potential to be dispelled) adds a sufficient "penalty" to breaking the cap. Missed the boat though, not that I'm too surprised.

And honestly, outside of maybe 1 or 2 fights, melee DD lifespan isn't really as big of a problem as people make it out to be. The biggest benefit to being a RNG (outside of never pulling hate) is avoiding AoE full dispels which honestly shouldn't even exist in a game so reliant on buffs. One to three buffs? Sure. All 10+ of them? Not cool.
[+]
 Phoenix.Aegislash
By Phoenix.Aegislash 2014-06-18 03:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Crusade would've been a perfect opportunity to "fix" tanking... or at least, make it more reasonable for a tank to actually do their job rather than be completely worthless unless you're bringing RNGs as your sole means of damage.

A spell is the ideal medium to implement an enmity cap breaking mechanic. Having RUN, NIN, and PLD able to break the cap naturally would arguably be pretty *** dumb, but attaching the cost of casting time, MP cost, and duration management (and potential to be dispelled) adds a sufficient "penalty" to breaking the cap. Missed the boat though, not that I'm too surprised.

And honestly, outside of maybe 1 or 2 fights, melee DD lifespan isn't really as big of a problem as people make it out to be. The biggest benefit to being a RNG (outside of never pulling hate) is avoiding AoE full dispels which honestly shouldn't even exist in a game so reliant on buffs. One to three buffs? Sure. All 10+ of them? Not cool.

Completely *** agree. I really like the idea though of it being kinda like reprisal in a sense. Reprisal can be dispelled yes but it can also be fulltime under the correct buffs and gear.
By Ophannus 2014-06-18 14:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you implement a cap-breaking spell and have it not be broken? 3min recast/30 second duration? Having complete and dominant hate on the mob for 1minute regardless of whatever mages and DD are doing, including barrages benedictions etc could be bad. It would make zergs extremely safe for mages and there'd be all kinds of shenigans resetting that timer with Wildcard/Random Deal to make PLD/RUN/NIN perfect tanks. It would be delicate to balance a spell that increases the hate cap and if it did, we'd see them introducing more NMs that hate reset as a countermeasure(like they said would happen if they let Embrava/PD keep going)

I would have liked to see Crusade be a 120 second recast spell, has a 10 second duration. During that duration the caster receives a buff that gives them capped hate with 1 point over the cap, basically insuring the mob can ONLY target the person with the Crusade buff on them; hate is locked on, no exceptions for those 10 seconds. Would have been a great OHSH-T!! tool for when hate is reset or after a 30k Barrage or a Benediction. After the duration, the caster returns to capped hate. Basically like WAR's Provoke in Ballista. Forces the opponent to only target you and nobody else for 10-15seconds.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-18 14:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of the fact that Random Deal and Wild Card don't reset spell timers, let's just ignore the fact that having tanks being completely useless outside of RNG burns is even worse than them having a spell that let's them tank 70~100% of the time.

You'd never need or want a tank that can only hold hate for 10 seconds every 2 minutes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-06-18 15:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a player-controlled enmity reset ja or spell. Could be interesting.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-18 15:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Have a player-controlled enmity reset ja or spell. Could be interesting.

Sounds like a job for Scholars. SE could tweak Animus Minuo, or add a new spell that resets everyone's enmity to 1 (the Scholar could coordinate with the PLD so the Paladin can immediately go crazy with all of their hate-grabbing abilities).
By Ophannus 2014-06-18 16:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Outside of the fact that Random Deal and Wild Card don't reset spell timers,

I didn't know that. That's a drag :/

Yeah but having a tank that holds hate 100% of the time with a single spell by letting them break the hate cap means they might as well not even bother giving enmity to DD or cure actions cuz once the PLD is above the hate cap, unless he gets hate reset or dies, nobody is every gonna take hate. All PLD would have to do is casually use JA/spells to maintain that spot and as long as they're 1 point over the cap, DDs and mages could go wild without any repercussions.

Quote:
Sounds like a job for Scholars. SE could tweak Animus Minuo, or add a new spell that resets everyone's enmity to 1 (the Scholar could coordinate with the PLD so the Paladin can immediately go crazy with all of their hate-grabbing abilities).

SCH can already do that with their SP2 technically, it's actually pretty nice for RNG burn with AA if you have a SCH instead of WHM for healer, use it right after EES/Overkill/Barrage zerg.
 Phoenix.Aegislash
By Phoenix.Aegislash 2014-06-21 08:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So after reading the "Freshly Picked Vana'diel 8" Digest thread on the OF, the enmity gain of Crusade is equal to +30enmity.

This is really better then expected considering its basically Animus Aeguo. This allows pld with the correct gear to cap out enmity with this spell up and nearly cap pdt. When we finally get empyrean 119 we'll be able to add much needed acc to the set as well.

We'll be able to completely negate CE loss which is really awesome.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-21 08:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity+ caps at 100. Still pretty hard to hit that in ideal combat gear, even with Burtgang
 Phoenix.Aegislash
By Phoenix.Aegislash 2014-06-21 08:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Enmity+ caps at 100. Still pretty hard to hit that in ideal combat gear, even with Burtgang

True. Full timing Crusade is a must which is probably why it has such a low recast. Just looking at the empyrean though if they increase any of the enmity values and add pdt to say the hands or the feet itll work out. Im sitting at 64 enmity with gear and merits right now and 60pdt. With crusade up that's 94 enmity. Once I get a pluto's pearl ill be at 98. With the creed body 119'ed ill be able to get to 100 without sacrificing any dt and adding 20 much needed acc to the set.
By Ophannus 2014-06-21 21:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have aegis and ochain, is it worth it to buy a Priwen and put it into my midcast for reprisal/phalanx? Lose a bit of tp but 1 pld ws isnt gonna make or break hate but could it push aegis's block rate to match ochain? Thoughts?
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-06-21 22:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »

I would have liked to see Crusade be a 120 second recast spell, has a 10 second duration. During that duration the caster receives a buff that gives them capped hate with 1 point over the cap, basically insuring the mob can ONLY target the person with the Crusade buff on them; hate is locked on, no exceptions for those 10 seconds. Would have been a great OHSH-T!! tool for when hate is reset or after a 30k Barrage or a Benediction. After the duration, the caster returns to capped hate. Basically like WAR's Provoke in Ballista. Forces the opponent to only target you and nobody else for 10-15seconds.

this is how Invincible should be IMO.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-06-21 23:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
If you have aegis and ochain, is it worth it to buy a Priwen and put it into my midcast for reprisal/phalanx? Lose a bit of tp but 1 pld ws isnt gonna make or break hate but could it push aegis's block rate to match ochain? Thoughts?
SE specifically stated the the reprisal enhancement wouldn't stay if you changed shields. So that bit is priwen only.

You could swap it for phalanx, but that's still be pretty annoying. Wiping TP and AM3.
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-06-22 08:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize for the novice question but I've been thinking about playing pld on a more regular basis.

On the first post there is 2 sets:

A Melee one:
ItemSet 318005

And a PDT/DT one:
ItemSet 318237

Whenever I'm tanking anything I should stay in the PDT set correct? Is the Melee one just for fodder stuff?

I just wasn't sure how much hate is accumulated from melee or if it's moreso gained from being decoyed or using spells/ja.

Also It seems from previous post I should augment the buremte hands with Fast Cast, is there any viable options augmenting any gear with pdt+4/mdt+2 for a pdt set? or is the one posted still the best?

Thanks.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-22 09:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can survive easily in a melee set, then you should be using it. That said, that particular melee set is more so for fodder. For harder stuff, you would want to use a hybrid set with more accuracy if a full PDT isn't necessary.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2014-06-28 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Novice question: As a general rule, are people here able to hit a respectable accuracy rating against Difficult BC's? Or getting that much acc while maintaining pdt/mdt is so futile that you may as well just go for shield skill/HP in the slots not needed for enmity/pdt/mdt purposes?
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 45 46 47