Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 45 46 47
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-20 06:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
from what?
don't mind him, he has a hp handicap

dd away
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-20 07:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Whats the minimum lv an ochain must have to face the current hardest content?
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2013-12-20 10:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

90 works perfectly fine. Focus on wearing higher ilevel gear(cizin and such) until you can snag some of the reforged +1. Mostly want it for the rare non-block tp move to back you up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-21 15:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
Anyone see a Macro use for eminence gear? Or is pld reforged gear too strong in every way to need it?
Outrider gear looks like crap to me, unless you can't get reforged AF it looks like v2 Abysea gear which was crap even then for the most part.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-12-21 16:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they changed some things, the only thing that changes between a 90 ochain and 99 is the amount of MP that is recovered. The block rate and damage reduction are equivalent.

And to the person above: Yes, the outrider gear is crap.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-12-22 10:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to update the guide over the holidays.

Do any of y'all have suggestions on working in new reverence gear into the old sets?

There's several options we can go with for re-tooling our basic sets, but looking for sets people have already tested/mathed out.

Rev+1 body offers new alternatives for max DT sets and Hybrid sets.

Rev+1 hands are great in your shield mastery/multi mob brochain sets.

Rev+1 feet have a few places in DT sets where you're not capped on brochain block rate or being forced to use Aegis on higher level mobs.

Anything else ya'll want me to add to the guide? Some higher accuracy sets for newer content? I had a request for a "inventory list" similar to what the scholar guide has.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-22 16:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »
Going to update the guide over the holidays.

Do any of y'all have suggestions on working in new reverence gear into the old sets?

There's several options we can go with for re-tooling our basic sets, but looking for sets people have already tested/mathed out.

Rev+1 body offers new alternatives for max DT sets and Hybrid sets.

Rev+1 hands are great in your shield mastery/multi mob brochain sets.

Rev+1 feet have a few places in DT sets where you're not capped on brochain block rate or being forced to use Aegis on higher level mobs.

Anything else ya'll want me to add to the guide? Some higher accuracy sets for newer content? I had a request for a "inventory list" similar to what the scholar guide has.
+1 head/legs beat cizin

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-23 00:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Bismarck.Legendia said: »
Anyone see a Macro use for eminence gear? Or is pld reforged gear too strong in every way to need it?
Outrider gear looks like crap to me, unless you can't get reforged AF it looks like v2 Abysea gear which was crap even then for the most part.
And to the person above: Yes, the outrider gear is crap.
Damn that sucks. For example for thief wayfarer gear just molests all other options for magic evasion sets. more than 30+ magic evasion compared to ilvl119 delve boss gear or thf reforged +1 gear. (on a single piece of gear, nvm combining them all)

Disappointing pld isn't equally badass.

Aegis PLD can cap MDT at like -87%, THF can suck an egg.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-12-23 01:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point "Suck an Egg" JA would be about as useful as most of thf's JAs so I believe SE will add it. Please be excited.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-12-23 10:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I reviewed the guide a bit today and it looks like I need to make some pretty significant changes to many of the sets, and add a few.

I won't have time for a bit as I'm with family, so if people want to post some of their suggestions, I can math out some results when I get time.

Sets I would like some input on:

Full DD - (not concerned with DT), -> High Accuracy and Low accuracy sets.

Full DT - incorporating reverence gear.

Hybrid DT/damage - with accuracy alternatives - Basically sets you want to use with the new Very Difficult AA/BC fights.

Updated WS sets.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 11:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I reviewed the guide a bit today and it looks like I need to make some pretty significant changes to many of the sets, and add a few.

I won't have time for a bit as I'm with family, so if people want to post some of their suggestions, I can math out some results when I get time.

Sets I would like some input on:

Full DD - (not concerned with DT), -> High Accuracy and Low accuracy sets.

Full DT - incorporating reverence gear.

Hybrid DT/damage - with accuracy alternatives - Basically sets you want to use with the new Very Difficult AA/BC fights.

Updated WS sets.
Pretty much optimal TP set hereItemSet 311071
I'll post DT- in a bit as well as my Acc set for T5 AA fights and w/e else i think is noteworthy
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 11:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 317070
Can swap in Letalis for weard if you don't have Letalis just use weard, Agitator collar has 5 more Acc then portus but then you lose 3 DA. Miki legs Rank 15 DEX path.

ItemSet 311073
Capped PDT/MDT overcapped MDT with hands but uhhhhh yea Shield Mastery you can't beat that with a stick, spam atonement on AA fights adds up when you get 4~7 TP from 1 block(initial SM+3, 1 from hands, 3 from augment on HQ kaiser head. the +10 on hands is a typo apparently). Now if you have a dark ring with 6 PDT can swap twighlight torque to Agitators collar(drops from AA GK).

As for PDT and MDT individually i don't really bother, Ochain+The above set for PDT is what i use, switch to Aegis if you need MDT. Nothing out there is gonna hurt you with this set unless your alone.....tanking AA EV..../cry :P
ItemSet 317321
Miki Body/legs DEX path R15 Miki hands STR path R15 can use letalis if you really need more acc but you shouldn't, same goes for Zilant ring/thundersoul
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-23 11:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not shield mastery +10, is a typo. Only +1
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 11:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

As for t5 AAs i go /NIN and use the acc set when utsu is up and switch to DMG-% when casting utsu again, /war is pretty cruddy but i havn't tried it all that much since getting rev hands +1, for the ones you don't have 2 melee DD on(if you using RNGs that is) to pull hate with every swing since any action will pull hate if hate is at cap your better off /war and using the shield mastery to get TP and spamming flash in haste/FC/enmity and voke in full enmity.

Hint: EV Dominion Slash dispels 1 buff so better off /NIN
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 11:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
It's not shield mastery +10, is a typo. Only +1
well that sucks, its still decent
 Lakshmi.Leilow
Server: Lakshmi
user: leilow
By Lakshmi.Leilow 2013-12-23 15:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for all the info !!
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 15:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leilow said: »
thanks for all the info !!
you too can be a champion
By Refia1 2013-12-23 18:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How much shield skill in gear to block 100% with Ochain if you casting Utsusemi: Ichi? No merits.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-12-23 19:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Block % depends on mob level, so it depends on your target. I'm actually not sure if ilvl gear affects that lvl calculation, not sure if there has been any tests.

I'm also unsure whether the current tiered fights increase the mob level (very easy -> very difficult), or merely have programmed stat/-DT improvements.

That being said, once you know your block % against your current foe, it takes approximately 4 shield skill to raise block rate 1%.

I've been on vacation and haven't played since implantation of the AA fights. Can anyone comment on whether you have block rate problems in the very difficult fights?
By Refia1 2013-12-23 19:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to know for the Ark Angel fights (VD mode.) Is it better to just stack as much shield skill as I can for now when casting ichi?
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-12-23 21:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well go do a fight. Test to see if you're having block rate problems (I doubt you will be). If for some reason you are, apply appropriate shield gear :D.

Rev+1 feet, boxers mantle, creed armet, shield torque, creed earring, that's over 40 skill there to buy you 10% block rate. Even in high lvl diff situations brochain's block rate isn't that low.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tanag
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tanag
By Quetzalcoatl.Tanag 2013-12-23 21:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

While making sets for the new guide, could you include one that has NQ Revenant gear as well? The +1 prices are a bit insane on some servers.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 22:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
How much shield skill in gear to block 100% with Ochain if you casting Utsusemi: Ichi? No merits.
i never had a problem with it, i had +3 skill from creed ear then just cap haste/pdt never took dmg really, 500 at most. never not had it block but my ochain is 99
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-12-23 22:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asserting there is a block rate difference between Ochain90 and 99? I haven't seen any tests on that subject, but may have missed it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-12-24 00:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Martel has done testing on the 99. It does nothing for block rate nor block damage %.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2013-12-24 04:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't understand why you all use "Creed earring" beside of "knight's earring" .
any good reason ? (don't offence i just ask ^^)

@ Neosutrax : Ochain 99 have the same block rate, but convert mp is very usefull.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-24 09:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
i don't understand why you all use "Creed earring" beside of "knight's earring" .

@ Neosutrax : Ochain 99 have the same block rate, but convert mp is very usefull.
when your way overkill on the "Ok im not gonna die on anything" you just stop caring about the few miniscule improvements, but with ochain your not getting interupted so SID 8% is pointless but for aegis tanking(take MR 25%> cloudsplitter doing 2k+) id still say you need the shield skill since SID 100% on blocked atks, on that note if your using aegis you should focus on pdt/shield skill since shell 5/aegis95+ nothing gonna kill you in this game with magic dmg even if thats all you have for mdt, i do carry knightly around for shield bash though :)
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-24 09:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »

when your way overkill on the "Ok im not gonna die on anything" you just stop caring about the few miniscule improvements, but with ochain your not getting interupted so SID 8% is pointless but for aegis tanking(take MR 25%> cloudsplitter doing 2k+) id still say you need the shield skill since SID 100% on blocked atks, on that note if your using aegis you should focus on pdt/shield skill since shell 5/aegis95+ nothing gonna kill you in this game with magic dmg even if thats all you have for mdt, i do carry knightly around for shield bash though :)
not that iv'e been using it since i lose am3 burtgang when i swap into aegis for bash qq, been alot less shield bash aegis swaps goin on 415 dmg bash isnt really alot anymore either. When they let us 119 aegis they should make it look like this

DEF:80
Shield Bash+1000
MDT-50%
Extends "Palisade" & "Reprisal" Duration
Shield Skill+242
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 45 46 47