The Days Of Pet PDT Build SE Officially Goodbye!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-05-13 13:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ericnuke said:
If they were able to charm in abyssea BST could just keep throwing pets at NMs and never die (except the occasional mischarm, but with enhancements and atmas that wouldn't be an issue), but SE won't fix the issues of losing claim on pet swap and can't do anything about pet killing, so it seems a fair trade off to me. I know people are mad because BST won't invite them to make the kill faster, but I don't remember many invites when I leveled my BST to 75 (my 1st 75 at that). I'd rather see BST get a full makeover instead of a nerf beaten since they can't use half their abilities in abyssea. Next thing they will do is take shadows away from NIN.....lol
How is this a nerf? It was broken and it's been fixed. How I read it you just sound butthurt.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-13 13:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh

This fix is most likely for the -100 DT that people can do. Not -100% PDT and -83% MDT.

Ducal Guard/Winged Gloom/Razed Ruin or Mounted
+ferine legs
+Shepherd
+MKE Helm
=
-100% DT (That's MDT/PDT) Making you invincible.

How does that work you say?

When your pets health is between 25-50% health your invincible. At 50% it takes approx 1.5mins to get your pet down to 25% with the slip dmg from winged gloom. So you reward to 50% and wait. Regen from food slows the slip damage and you get to reward every 2min.

If you use mounted champion and regen on MKE head you can go 9mins before you need to reward.

If you use Razed Ruins you use more reward, but suck less.

What does this all mean?
You can solo alot of stuff, bar kill speed ,rage effects, doom, hate reset.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-13 13:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ericnuke said:
If they were able to charm in abyssea BST could just keep throwing pets at NMs and never die (except the occasional mischarm, but with enhancements and atmas that wouldn't be an issue), but SE won't fix the issues of losing claim on pet swap and can't do anything about pet killing, so it seems a fair trade off to me. I know people are mad because BST won't invite them to make the kill faster, but I don't remember many invites when I leveled my BST to 75 (my 1st 75 at that). I'd rather see BST get a full makeover instead of a nerf beaten since they can't use half their abilities in abyssea. Next thing they will do is take shadows away from NIN.....lol
Even without the -100%PDT setup a BST can do this now.

As to not accepting invites because you had to solo from 1-75 pre abyssea I don't see BLMs playing this card. A BST or any other soloer that refuses to team up to speed up the kill is just as much of a douche as anyone that has "wronged" them in the past. Now if the person you're refusing to team up with has wronged you then fine, eye for an eye and all that good stuff is fine with me but if you don't know that person then you're def no better.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-13 13:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

This fix is most likely for the -100 DT that people can do. Not -100% PDT and -83% MDT.

Uh, -DT is the exact same thing, and caps at 50% for players too, it's just both PDT/MDT in one slot.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-05-13 13:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
/sigh

+ferine legs
+Shepherd
+MKE Helm
=

When your pets health is between 25-50% health your invincible. At 50% it takes approx 1.5mins to get your pet down to 25% with the slip dmg from winged gloom. So you reward to 50% and wait. Regen from food slows the slip damage and you get to reward every 2min.

If you use mounted champion and regen on MKE head you can go 9mins before you need to reward.

What does this all mean?
Not taking damage at ALL is just abusing this to kill mobs.
If you can't solo it without -100% DT, then it is not a solo, it's just you abusing a lame strategy.

Enough said.

If you're really complaining about this then go learn how to play BST properly, please.
[+]
 Shiva.Kewitt
Server: Shiva
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2011-05-13 13:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Sylph.Ericnuke said:
Even without the -100%PDT setup a BST can do this now. As to not accepting invites because you had to solo from 1-75 pre abyssea I don't see BLMs playing this card. A BST or any other soloer that refuses to team up to speed up the kill is just as much of a douche as anyone that has "wronged" them in the past. Now if the person you're refusing to team up with has wronged you then fine, eye for an eye and all that good stuff is fine with me but if you don't know that person then you're def no better.

A lot of BLM didn't Solo to 75. It was only post aht that they did.

I am a 90 BST. I think this is ok honestly. The idea of doing things in a MMO solo is just basicly stupid to me. Make some friends. But this fix is going to effect other things. If they lower cap say 50%. They have to lower cap on everything to make it balanced.. So honestly I can't seem them lowering that much currently. I could see maybe a 70% PDT/MDT cap.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2011-05-13 13:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No biggie really, even with them lowering 'the cap on PDT/MDT', wasn't going 100% PDT as it was. Still to complete the Axes on BST and was mostly using MC/RR/DG to begin with, not like it'll hurt.

So prices on Jugs/Biscuits go up, big whoop. I can make most everything on my mule now as it is
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-13 13:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kewitt said:
Bismarck.Zagen said:
Sylph.Ericnuke said:
Even without the -100%PDT setup a BST can do this now. As to not accepting invites because you had to solo from 1-75 pre abyssea I don't see BLMs playing this card. A BST or any other soloer that refuses to team up to speed up the kill is just as much of a douche as anyone that has "wronged" them in the past. Now if the person you're refusing to team up with has wronged you then fine, eye for an eye and all that good stuff is fine with me but if you don't know that person then you're def no better.

A lot of BLM didn't Solo to 75. It was only post aht that they did.

I am a 90 BST. I think this is ok honestly. The idea of doing things in a MMO solo is just basicly stupid to me. Make some friends. But this fix is going to effect other things. If they lower cap say 50%. They have to lower cap on everything to make it balanced.. So honestly I can't seem them lowering that much currently. I could see maybe a 70% PDT/MDT cap.

It will 99% likely be at 50% for both, the player cap.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2011-05-13 13:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said:
Sleepyzero said:
Gogo Ducal Guard and Regen Atmas x2 and hold nms for hours with a reward here and there.

Thats the plan! but i'm sure someone will QQ about regen atma's being too powerful, or use 3 evasion atma's then complain dipper yuly is too evasive!

Your avatar looks like roman from GTA IV. Roman's cousin.

---------

Bout time they fixed this. Knew it was too good to be true.
 Caitsith.Tame
Server: Caitsith
user: Asukas
By Caitsith.Tame 2011-05-13 13:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a design flaw that needed to be fixed. But let's be honest here... Most of the people who complained are the same jackasses that monopolized zones for hours on end doing their Empyrean weapon upgrade paths. They complain about anything that isn't about them. Like, when a duo group, who claimed over them and killed in the same time, takes their NM and they are forced to wait for 10-15 minutes for a repop. Oh! /sadface /comfort :3

And for all those people saying that groups offer help to kill it faster? I've seen some pretty stupid wipes from some seriously large groups in Abyssea to ridiculously easy NMs. Did you ever stop to think that some of these BSTs might not trust your group's ability to perform? I, personally, have let a group help when I was soloing in their way and it ended up a 1+ hour struggle with hate issues and people dieing all over the place.
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-13 14:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also the chance that someone in the group offering to help will "Call for Help" on the NM when they get in; our server has had instances of this before, broadcasted in Port Jeuno shouts even, despite it often meaning even more wasted time with camping competition. I don't blame anyone on Bismarck for not accepting help after listening to any of that. :/
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-13 14:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
/sigh

+ferine legs
+Shepherd
+MKE Helm
=

What does this all mean?
If you can't solo it without -100% DT, then it is not a solo, it's just you abusing a lame strategy.

Enough said.

If you're really complaining about this then go learn how to play BST properly, please.

Was more explaining what the real culprit was. Maybe -100% PDT was broken. But what pushed it over the edge was Winged Gloom abuse.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-13 14:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kewitt said:
A lot of BLM didn't Solo to 75. It was only post aht that they did
A lot of BSTs I met pre Abyssea made parties to get EXP... different players doesn't change the fact after ToAU BLMs were shunned just like BST from EXP PTs, yet they don't act the way most BSTs do toward other players.

Caitsith.Tame said:
And for all those people saying that groups offer help to kill it faster? I've seen some pretty stupid wipes from some seriously large groups in Abyssea to ridiculously easy NMs. Did you ever stop to think that some of these BSTs might not trust your group's ability to perform? I, personally, have let a group help when I was soloing in their way and it ended up a 1+ hour struggle with hate issues and people dieing all over the place.
Usually the crap players you're talking about are the ones that would walk up and then just walk away. At least that has been my experience.

Bismarck.Aena said:
There's also the chance that someone in the group offering to help will "Call for Help" on the NM when they get in; our server has had instances of this before, broadcasted in Port Jeuno shouts even, despite it often meaning even more wasted time with camping competition. I don't blame anyone on Bismarck for not accepting help after listening to any of that. :/

Hmm must not happen from 6pm to 1am Mon-Fri or 9am to 1am Sat/Sun as those are the times I might be in game and I've never seen these shouts while in Port Jueno. Or maybe this was a 1-2 time thing because I've never seen or even heard of said shouts/cries. I don't doubt someone could/would do this I just doubt it is common in any sense.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-05-13 14:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
/sigh

+ferine legs
+Shepherd
+MKE Helm
=

What does this all mean?

Enough said.

Was more explaining what the real culprit was. Maybe -100% PDT was broken. But what pushed it over the edge was Winged Gloom abuse.
"Maybe" broken? 100% PDT IS broken.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-13 14:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But I was gunna use it to hold nms forever while I bring an alt I'm gunna lvl in to proc changing jobs if necessary and kill :(.

Also if it is so bad why is the thread with the update info tagged caving to a vocal minority?
[+]
 Ifrit.Tulnig
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-05-13 14:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

100% -pdt on the pet makes BST broken and...
Not being able to charm normal Aby mobs also makes BST broken

Maybe they will fix both? It would be nice if my CHR gear became useful again...
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-05-13 14:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Tulnig said:

Maybe they will fix both? It would be nice if my CHR gear became useful again...
BST being able to charm would be overpowered.
What's wrong with Primal rend? D:
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-13 14:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I'm mad because I litterally just lvl'd bst and got the atmas and MKE head for this. Hell camping stupid nm for mdt belt right now
 Bismarck.Guttler
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-13 14:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Or they might just make it 87% cap like avatars are, and you can run DG/MC/RR. That's how I go all the time already. (tribox 3 BSTs, but the premise stands) It just means we have to actually use pet food and/or Muslum. (start spamming cooking levels, got 61-68 this morning)
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-05-13 14:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Guttler said:
Or they might just make it 87% cap like avatars are, and you can run DG/MC/RR. That's how I go all the time already. (tribox 3 BSTs, but the premise stands) It just means we have to actually use pet food and/or Muslum. (start spamming cooking levels, got 61-68 this morning)
Avatars have natural PDT/DT (ain't sure which), BST pets do not.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-13 14:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Guttler said:
The avatars aren't capped. They just made it so the natural 50% pdt is factored seperately from stout servant and other pdt. So no auto capping with just DG. Can still cap with DG, WG, zenith, mke hat and trial staff. But have fun keeping an avatar out with no refresh atma and not being able to use your head/weapon slot for perp cost and/or refresh.
 Bismarck.Guttler
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-13 15:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that. But the combined -pdt on SMNs gets them to 87-90ish from what I am reading on the SMN forums, since they changed it after the DG update.
 Ifrit.Tulnig
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-05-13 15:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Ifrit.Tulnig said:
100% -pdt on the pet makes BST broken and... Not being able to charm normal Aby mobs also makes BST broken Maybe they will fix both? It would be nice if my CHR gear became useful again...
BST being able to charm would be overpowered. What's wrong with Primal rend? D:

I think it would be tough to argue that a BST being unable to charm, doesn't make it broken. By definition a BST's are
"Masters of the natural world, Beastmasters are capable of communicating with various types of monsters and controlling them at will. Because of this affinity for creatures, they are able to enlist their help against foes making the Beast Master the most efficient soloing class"

If charming a mob makes BST broken, then perhaps SE should revisit the recast timers on Job Abilities for BST and the Reward amount of biscuits. A BST that can't Charm Even Prey mobs is broken to me. Thats just my 2 cents.
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-05-13 15:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Invincible being the key word.

If you wasted time gearing this thinking it wouldn't be fixed, more fool you.

100x over this.
[+]
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-05-13 15:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Tulnig said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Ifrit.Tulnig said:
100% -pdt on the pet makes BST broken and... Not being able to charm normal Aby mobs also makes BST broken Maybe they will fix both? It would be nice if my CHR gear became useful again...
BST being able to charm would be overpowered. What's wrong with Primal rend? D:

I think it would be tough to argue that a BST being unable to charm, doesn't make it broken. By definition a BST's are
"Masters of the natural world, Beastmasters are capable of communicating with various types of monsters and controlling them at will. Because of this affinity for creatures, they are able to enlist their help against foes making the Beast Master the most efficient soloing class"

If charming a mob makes BST broken, then perhaps SE should revisit the recast timers on Job Abilities for BST and the Reward amount of biscuits. A BST that can't Charm Even Prey mobs is broken to me. Thats just my 2 cents.

TBH, if they just made pets directly targetable for cures then a lot of the hassle of pet jobs would be gone.
 Cerberus.Bikpik
Server: Cerberus
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2011-05-13 15:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't going to stop bsts from soloing anything, all it does is force them to use more pet food and jug pets
 Asura.Wilsor
Server: Asura
user: Wilsor
By Asura.Wilsor 2011-05-13 15:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Tulnig said:

Or give jug pets mob equivalent HP! :o
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-13 15:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Ifrit.Tulnig said:

BST being able to charm would be overpowered.

You're joking right? Being able to use our JA makes us broken.... WTF!!!!
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-05-13 15:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the HL mobs brought in every area with the update, charming makes sense again!

Well, except for Abyssea, of course
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-05-13 15:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

The avatars aren't capped. They just made it so the natural 50% pdt is factored seperately from stout servant and other pdt. So no auto capping with just DG. Can still cap with DG, WG, zenith, mke hat and trial staff. But have fun keeping an avatar out with no refresh atma and not being able to use your head/weapon slot for perp cost and/or refresh.

It could be possible

/SCH for storm spells to activate +2 hands and pendant, not sure exactly how the hands halves perp cost (I heard somewhere it's not as straightforward as carby mitts but I could be wrong.)

Using sublimation and temps to keep MP up.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13