Job Adjustments (4/21/11)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 08:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Agentblade said:
Time to break out the drk zerg all over again !!! The question is should i keep my B.Zaghnal or work on multihit scythe. I was a M.Kris zerg drk before abby, now with the updates, 5/5 desperate blows, and the hp/haste build, DoT might be better with scythe rather then M.Kris or Ridill. *Breaks out the "Your Soul is Mine" macros*

Wat.

If anything Last Resort increased duration makes Things like Bahamut'z Zaghnal and zerg weapons entirely useless. Get an ODD (Redemption or Caladbolg)
CALADBOLG 300% TP -> EPIC TORCLEAVER WITH 90SECONDS OF AFTERMATH EFFECT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Or, OR!, 25% Delay reduction means more Torcleavers which means more Aftermath regardless of TP!

Serj said:
Seems that I picked a good time to level up drk (got it to 84 yesterday). Inb4 bandwagon drks.

There's a difference between a bandwagoneer and someone who's taking advantage of a situation.

Generally, if you're a DRK and in full Perle, you're a bandwagoneer though.
[+]
By Serj 2011-04-22 08:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I'm in full perle because I can't use my useful bale gear yet or ace's feet. >_>

This makes me excited as hell though. I've always been a huge fan of drk.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 08:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was planning to pimp up my DRK next just for the hell of it, so this is really nice :P
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 08:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

3 people in my ls said they're going to start leveling drk tonight.....wtf
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 08:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Agentblade said:
Time to break out the drk zerg all over again !!! The question is should i keep my B.Zaghnal or work on multihit scythe. I was a M.Kris zerg drk before abby, now with the updates, 5/5 desperate blows, and the hp/haste build, DoT might be better with scythe rather then M.Kris or Ridill. *Breaks out the "Your Soul is Mine" macros*

Wat.

If anything Last Resort increased duration makes Things like Bahamut'z Zaghnal and zerg weapons entirely useless. Get an ODD (Redemption or Caladbolg)
CALADBOLG 300% TP -> EPIC TORCLEAVER WITH 90SECONDS OF AFTERMATH EFFECT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Or, OR!, 25% Delay reduction means more Torcleavers which means more Aftermath regardless of TP!

put swordstrap on that?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Agentblade said:

Wat.

put swordstrap on that?

I hope you're joking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 08:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Agentblade said:

Wat.

put swordstrap on that?

I hope you're joking.
lol i am. drinking coffee orange juice and a left over milkshake while getting ready for class
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-22 08:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Drk was my first job to 75, will be my last to 90. Glad I kept all my seals for af3. Guess ill have to sport homam for the time being.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 08:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm allready seeing more DRKs in PJ.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-22 08:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SO DRK gets 25% JA haste every 4 mins 10 seconds for 3 mins? O.o
MMM if thats the case leveling Dark next.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 08:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Hey, I'm in full perle because I can't use my useful bale gear yet or ace's feet. >_>

Hence I used the qualifier "Generally".

I think it'll be real easy to spot bandwagon DRK's, especially on ***like Apademak.

"You gonna actually stun those self-cast thunder spells?"

"What lvl does drk get stun?"
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-22 08:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:

•VIT will play a role in calculating damage taken from critical hits.

Pld Vit build like its 2006!! Yeaaaaaaaaah!
/sarcasm
More like nerf to crit ws on higher tier NMs

Ya, I didn't think about it from the mob's perspective. sigh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 08:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

I think it'll be real easy to stop bandwagon DRK's, especially on ***like Apademak.

Dreadspikes? Endark? Absorb TP? what does that stuff do?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-22 08:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Does this open up /war again ?
Also, with red curry buns and this new last resort buff, you should be at 999 attack for 30/41st's (~73%) of the time. That kills a bit of what /war brought to the table.
Pretty sure Attack just displays to 999, but doesn't actually cap there. Wasn't that answered in a Fanfest once? If attack was actually Hard-capped at 999, Tachi: Gekko would do less against Absolute Virtue than Tachi: Fudo, which totally isn't the case.

Derp... I don't know where my head was at when i wrote that. I was having a boss-over-shoulder moment i think. I still think that it'll diminish the relevance of berserk enough to remove /war as a contender (although i don't know about other subjob possibilities).
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 08:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Does this open up /war again ?
Also, with red curry buns and this new last resort buff, you should be at 999 attack for 30/41st's (~73%) of the time. That kills a bit of what /war brought to the table.
Pretty sure Attack just displays to 999, but doesn't actually cap there. Wasn't that answered in a Fanfest once? If attack was actually Hard-capped at 999, Tachi: Gekko would do less against Absolute Virtue than Tachi: Fudo, which totally isn't the case.

Derp... I don't know where my head was at when i wrote that. I was having a boss-over-shoulder moment i think. I still think that it'll diminish the relevance of berserk enough to remove /war as a contender (although i don't know about other subjob possibilities).
Drk/pld?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 08:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

I think it'll be real easy to stop bandwagon DRK's, especially on ***like Apademak.

I can handle someone not casting those 3, less so Dread Spikes if they pull hate. But Stun... That's what we've always brought to the game table. At the end of the day, if you can't stun ***like Gates of Hades, GaIII's and the like, you're better off on WAR.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 08:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

I can handle someone not casting those 3, less so Dread Spikes if they pull hate. But Stun... That's what we've always brought to the game table. At the end of the day, if you can't stun ***like Gates of Hades, GaIII's and the like, you're better off on WAR.
true.

oh and something just hit me
drk/mnk for max hp boost and subtle blow for souleater maybe?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 08:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

true.

/mnk was allways the best sub for zerging if you had 5/5 desperate blows tho <_>
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 08:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

true.

/mnk was allways the best sub for zerging if you had 5/5 desperate blows tho <_>
how does that work at Lv. 75? b.zhag? thought drk/drg was better
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-22 08:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK/DRG! Super Jum.....oh wait nvm
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 08:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

true.

Meh, /MNK has it's place, but DD purposes are far from it.
 Titan.Eiryn
Server: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-04-22 08:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I know everyone is going crazy over the drk update mentioned, with good reason, but I am SERIOUSLY scared about the VIT being checked for crits... This will be a HUGE blow against Dual Wielders, and all Crit WSs. The latter being the point for the nerf, is my guess. This is really going to shift the balance dramatically. I do not like this at all!! ><
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 08:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Eiryn said:
I know everyone is going crazy over the drk update mentioned, with good reason, but I am SERIOUSLY scared about the VIT being checked for crits... This will be a HUGE blow against Dual Wielders, and all Crit WSs. The latter being the point for the nerf, is my guess. This is really going to shift the balance dramatically. I do not like this at all!! ><

I think it's done to balance out crit-ws DDs and other DDs.
This is gonna make all DDs rather equal.
But, atleast in abyssea, I doubt this will affect you alot, with all the STR you can pack up <_>
Probably gonna cap like ddex and agi etc, so you need 75 more STR than the mobs VIT.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-04-22 08:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Eiryn said:

I'm worried about it to, It'll really screw over NIN's and THF's ability to deal damage if it lowers our crits.

Not to mention Sneak attack, trick attack and all our THF's WS's, and Blade: Jin & Blade: Hi which are also Crit based ; ;
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
user: Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2011-04-22 08:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

aaaah, Sweet Sweet Semen. Buff DKN. Nerf everyone else. My how the tables have turned.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-04-22 08:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:

I raise you this!
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-04-22 08:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:

What is this..... last resort has nothing to do with haste.... ***the bandwagoning has already started
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-04-22 09:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

What is this..... last resort has nothing to do with haste.... ***the bandwagoning has already started

He's refering to DRK's merited ability Desperate Blows, when Last resort is on maxed out provides 25% JA haste
[+]
 Titan.Eiryn
Server: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-04-22 09:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

If you merit Desperate Blows it is.... OOOOH SNAAAP!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12