Job Adjustments (4/21/11)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-23 17:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if this has also been addressed, but i honestly didn't want to flick through 11 pages of text when alot of the comments aren't very informative...

As they're reducing the HP consumption of souleater, will this decrease the damage output?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-23 17:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jynxy said:
I'm sorry if this has also been addressed, but i honestly didn't want to flick through 11 pages of text when alot of the comments aren't very informative...

As they're reducing the HP consumption of souleater, will this decrease the damage output?

We cant know for sure, but probably not >_>
Why would they gimp our abiity? lol
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-23 17:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ifrit.Jynxy said:

We cant know for sure, but probably not >_>

Because they're buffing another ability of ours, and DRK must never feel happy!
For the safety of all game mechanics and the balance of all the remaining jobs in FFXI, DRK must be

FOREVER EMOOOOOOOOOOOO Q_Q

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-23 17:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ifrit.Jynxy said:
I'm sorry if this has also been addressed, but i honestly didn't want to flick through 11 pages of text when alot of the comments aren't very informative... As they're reducing the HP consumption of souleater, will this decrease the damage output?
in theory it does sound like they're nerfing souleater yeah. If less hp is used...

But right now how many of you would lvl drk for fun if say a twilight scythe dropped to you? or /toss?

Drk24 and damn tempted lol but bleh a lot of work to do it right

Getting it to 90 is the first step into doing it right :D

Jokes aside, I'm wondering if this new JT will result in some form of extra Attack Bonus (similar to the Acc Bonus already present) to SE while lowering the HP% it consumes. Would that even compensate enough for the HP% reduction?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 18:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
How long have you been playing this game? lol
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-23 18:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I see no reason to believe Stalwart Soul is going to lessen the damage caused by Souleater.

The game calculation will still go (Before resistances) a 1:1 ratio, stalwart soul will increase the ratio of DMG:HPConsumed to something like 3:2, or some obscure fraction SE will drop.

We get the first Stalwart Soul trait at 45, they imply there is many levels to it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-23 18:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
How long have you been playing this game? lol

I ment like, why gimp and pimp a job in the same update :p
Specially, why gimp it with a job trait:P
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-23 18:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I see no reason to believe Stalwart Soul is going to lessen the damage caused by Souleater.

The game calculation will still go (Before resistances) a 1:1 ratio, stalwart soul will increase the ratio of DMG:HPConsumed to something like 3:2, or some obscure fraction SE will drop.

We get the first Stalwart Soul trait at 45, they imply there is many levels to it.

It'll likely get to T4 by lvl 90, kinda like the allmighty "Resist X" JTs

What got my attention was the mentioning of gear that would enhance the new JT effect.
It seems they're taking Souleater from the opposite side. I would've preferred a new WS helm to replace chaos burgeonet +1 or an increase in the amount of HP% that can be used, and along with it, new "Enhance Souleater" gear.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-23 18:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't exactly single out Stalwart Soul, in regards to potential gear changes.

There's that new Healing Magic trait as well.

Also, it's been a couple of days since the announcement of Last Resort duration boost, and no addendum that crushes our hopes with Desperate blows... I think we might be in the clear...
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-23 18:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad i didn't switch to SE recast merits some time ago.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-23 18:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

This still all seems too good to be true... I mean, never in my wildest imaginings of DRK buffing did I think Last Resort, taking the assumption that desperate blows still functions normally, would not only get a duration boost, but sixfold duration boost. My highest expectations were 60seconds total at best.

Some people have pointed out, it's not that big of a game changer at the higher haste levels. So maybe it's not as balance-breaking as I'm thinking, but still. It's definitely welcome, especially since I low man so often, Bards are almost unheard of.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-23 18:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

This still all seems too good to be true... I mean, never in my wildest imaginings of DRK buffing did I think Last Resort, taking the assumption that desperate blows still functions normally, would not only get a duration boost, but sixfold duration boost. My highest expectations were 60seconds total at best.

Some people have pointed out, it's not that big of a game changer at the higher haste levels. So maybe it's not as balance-breaking as I'm thinking, but still. It's definitely welcome, especially since I low man so often, Bards are almost unheard of.

Agreed, Zicdeh! I can't wait to get back and try it out on my lolDRK.

I'm also hoping on the next trials to further boost the TP bonus weapons beyond 100, but those won't be out for a while still.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-04-23 18:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything when it comes to drk... At least those of us that care about the job. That this kind of attention from SE is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it continues.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-23 18:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Agreed, Zicdeh! I can't wait to get back and try it out on my lolDRK.

I'm also hoping on the next trials to further boost the TP bonus weapons beyond 100, but those won't be out for a while still.

More than anything, this implied Last Resort bonus (Implied, because I still think SE is gonna buzzkill it and break Desperate Blows somehow) really makes the ODD on Redemption and Caladbolg omgwtfhaxohlookatthetime.

Doesn't matter how much Victory Smite does, if I have Aftermath on, and Desperate Blows, I'm the top parse, assuming limited haste status. (Mostly no bard)

I like the idea that it becomes that much less harmful to overall DPS to fulltime Seigan too, since capped DB is hitting the Job Ability haste cap already.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-23 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I like the idea that it becomes that much less harmful to overall DPS to fulltime Seigan too, since capped DB is hitting the Job Ability haste cap already.

IKR? One of the first thing I thought after reading the update was "Not even SAM mains will use Seigan this well!"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-04-24 00:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
If anything when it comes to drk... At least those of us that care about the job. That this kind of attention from SE is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it continues.

Well, what can I say? I never expected anything this good after the last gift they gave us. Remember that one? Tactical Parry. The perfect accent to my E rank parrying skill.

But I dare say, this update more than makes up for it. Thanks for finally paying attention SE ^^
By Pooman 2011-04-24 01:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

One day they'll give DNC a different recast time for Healing Waltz...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-25 14:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
To quell some of your concerns about the adjustments set to take place regarding VIT and critical hits, you'll be glad to know that this adjustment will only be for player characters and NOT monsters. Additionally, in regards to the note about "certain job traits will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities" have no fear as no negative adjustments will be taking place. Instead the limits on these will be increased, making players even stronger.
Shaddap with the "ZOMG NERF" crap already.

Though I'm disappointed that we're not getting a critdmg boost :(

Pooman said:
One day they'll give DNC a different recast time for Healing Waltz...
One can hope, right? Would be nice to see timers for the other waltzes split in some fashion as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12