Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-04-13 19:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Asura.Ziekwalt said:
Is this for real???

I got 3 sets of +2s done within 2 months. They r pretty easy. *** people who complained/bitched abt how hard this game is. If its too hard, don't play and move on. /facepalm
People will still complain even after they make it easier just because not many people get the hours to play a day on the game due to whatever real life stuff going on.
If they complain just because of hours they can't have to play this game. Srsly, you can just grab friends and duo or trio most of NMs for seals or full party for +2s NMs in 1-3 hours if u can. Full pink/teal/etc full time = no thanks. I rather to play with old gears from endgame than playing with those gimp gears. Sorry.
Too bad full perle is nearly equal to 75 cap "leet" gears. Hell, it's better in some cases.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-13 19:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Asura.Ziekwalt said:
Is this for real???

I got 3 sets of +2s done within 2 months. They r pretty easy. *** people who complained/bitched abt how hard this game is. If its too hard, don't play and move on. /facepalm
People will still complain even after they make it easier just because not many people get the hours to play a day on the game due to whatever real life stuff going on.
If they complain just because of hours they can't have to play this game. Srsly, you can just grab friends and duo or trio most of NMs for seals or full party for +2s NMs in 1-3 hours if u can. Full pink/teal/etc full time = no thanks. I rather to play with old gears from endgame than playing with those gimp gears. Sorry.
Too bad full perle is nearly equal to 75 cap "leet" gears. Hell, it's better in some cases.

Don't mention that, All those feelings of self worth will fly away.

I just lol that most of my old gear is obsolete. Get with the times.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-04-13 19:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the fun part though! D:

Old endgame was a stagnant cesspool of bots, drama, *** kissers and manipulative ***. I, personally, feel we're better off without it being a prominent part of the game.

and yeah, getting your gear outdated then bitching is like being the moron who refuses to upgrade his gear during the level grind because it'll be obsoleted soon anyway.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2011-04-13 19:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ziekwalt said:
Is this for real???

Attitudes like this would kill the game. Lucky we have a development team with a brain in charge.
attitude? How would it kill the game? If players have a brain, they would able to play the game right. Not complain or who're bitching about it. It sounds like a kid who complained to his mom about school is too hard. Deal with it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-13 19:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yup.

It's far more fun being with a group of 5 friends who you know will treat you fairly than being in a giant shell full of douche bags, where you have to hold your tongue or be treated badly and lose the chance to claim.

You can say 'Get a better shell' but it's not always as easy as that. I prefer doing this and getting tangible gains that's only limited by your own laziness lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-13 19:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ziekwalt said:
Is this for real???

Attitudes like this would kill the game. Lucky we have a development team with a brain in charge.
attitude? How would it kill the game? If players have a brain, they would able to play the game right. Not complain or who're bitching about it. It sounds like a kid who complained to his mom about school is too hard. Deal with it.

Deal with what? I think you're the person who has to deal with XI changing for the better, bro.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-13 20:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Changing for the better lol, you people have one track minds. HNM wasn't the entire end game of FFXI, let me assure you. Bunch of greedy idiots that want the best gear ASAP w/o any work put towards it. Terrible.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-13 20:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ziekwalt said:
Is this for real???

Deal with what? I think you're the person who has to deal with XI changing for the better, bro.
maybe i'm reading it wrong, but i think he's saying that people who are still complaining that the game is too hard should deal with it.
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2011-04-13 20:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2011-04-13 20:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ziekwalt said:
Is this for real???

I accepted the change they made for this game.. im up for anything, but for reality, im talking about people who are complaining about this game is too hard for them like obtaining easy items that everyone can get. Get it?
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-04-13 20:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Changing for the better lol, you people have one track minds. HNM wasn't the entire end game of FFXI, let me assure you. Bunch of greedy idiots that want the best gear ASAP w/o any work put towards it. Terrible.
-Camping NMs wasn't work.
-Salvage was only challenging because of time constraints and gimmicks needed to pop some NMs and possible cell issues. But going 0/20+ on a 24+ hour NM (one attempt per day) is *** ***, and you know it.
-Limbus was easy, although Ultima could pull some wtf-ness at times.
-City/Northland-Dynamis was easy. Unless you were going for DL.
-Einherjar was only challenging if you got a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE monster set or didn't understand zerging.
-Sky was easy.
-Sea was easy up, except for JoL.
-ZNMs were easy, except for a few cases with crappy gimmicks for killing.

So, care to explain how the game was made "easy"? High drops rates does NOT mean easy. it means less of a time sink due to unnecessarily low drop rates.
[+]
 Caitsith.Asukas
user: Asukas
By Caitsith.Asukas 2011-04-13 20:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it really matter if someone else has your +2 crap many months after you got it? We all look the freaking same now anyways thanks to emp armor's NQ/+1/+2 same models.

The whole point of MMORPGs is things changing. New gear will come out that is the new cool soon. You will get it first and achieve your in-game coolness again for a few months until the next update.

If you sit around and expect current elite gear to be elite until the end of time... oh well, I call that laziness too.

After this many years of dealing with SE, people still are shocked by changes like this?

The biggest problem with most MMORPGs is that people eventually all shuffle into the same bucket as far as gear/stats/strategy. The company shakes things up, and people start the process of finding the new bucket to fall into. Rinse and repeat. If there was a simple, cost-effective solution to that, you'd probably see someone already making money off of it.

If you don't like feeling that your past < insert unit of time > was now wasted by an update, then quit playing hardcore MMORPGs. They all change and require lots of time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-04-13 20:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I can't complain about Abyssea, I mean some people put effort in and got close to nothing in return. Lines for Adaberks we're kind of long.

Killing my first set of King's was awesome but got very tiring due to spawn times and such.

Einherjar was pretty fun but got pretty boring.

The same goes for Salvage to be honest. You could *** slap every NM and Boss many, many times and go unrewarded (0/117 on QQA for Deimos Cuirass)

It seems like as my life got more hectic and busy, things evened out in game. While back when I started I had a lot of time to piss away and didn't mind it much. I wouldn't call myself casual but it's nice getting ***done and GTFO. The worst you have to put up with is people camping some NM that pops every 15 minutes.

1/1 on astrologer

umad bro

Nah not mad cg! having a hard time wondering if its still worth getting seeing as salvage pieces can be auged next update(s)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-13 20:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
-Camping NMs wasn't work.
-Salvage was only challenging because of time constraints and gimmicks needed to pop some NMs and possible cell issues. But going 0/20+ on a 24+ hour NM (one attempt per day) is *** ***, and you know it.
-Limbus was easy, although Ultima could pull some wtf-ness at times.
-City/Northland-Dynamis was easy. Unless you were going for DL.
-Einherjar was only challenging if you got a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE monster set or didn't understand zerging.
-Sky was easy.
-Sea was easy up, except for JoL.
-ZNMs were easy, except for a few cases with crappy gimmicks for killing.

So, care to explain how the game was made "easy"? High drops rates does NOT mean easy. it means less of a time sink due to unnecessarily low drop rates.

apparently if you don't want to wait in line for something to drop eventually due to hideous drop rates, you are lazy.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-04-13 20:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, damn us lazy people. :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-13 20:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm proud of being lazy. I can't play MMO's hardcore anymore.

I get srsly bored and annoyed with the majority of people in game.

But playing XI casually over the last 3-4 days has been incredibly fun for me.

All we've been doing is killing NM's like Itzpapalotl and Dragua.

And I've already got a load of goodies for my BRD like seals and stuff.

Well maybe 'casual' isn't right, I have been playing QUITE a bit, but still, no-where near as much as I used to, and I have far more to show for it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Asukas
By Caitsith.Asukas 2011-04-13 20:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm proud of being lazy myself.

Any honestly, the only thing related to this game that seriously pisses me off anymore isn't from SE. It's those *** testimonials on ffxiclopedia. "Easy DNC solo kill. THF only present for TH. WAR and NIN only present for triggers. MNK and WHM only there in case things went bad." Solo... lol
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-04-13 21:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Asukas said:
I'm proud of being lazy myself.

Any honestly, the only thing related to this game that seriously pisses me off anymore isn't from SE. It's those *** testimonials on ffxiclopedia. "Easy DNC solo kill. THF only present for TH. WAR and NIN only present for triggers. MNK and WHM only there in case things went bad." Solo... lol

True Strike lol, I guess the elites still need some way to show they are better than the rest of us. Also check the FFXIAH screenshot comments when people get EMP. weapons, or brew anything besides a Rani, Raja, or Shin...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-13 21:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Valefor.Bloodcat said:
rawr Abyssea >:D can't wait for this update so this happens more

Yeah, I like watching people with sub par gear use 4x the people they need for kills too. /highfive

Do you know what I don't like?

People with badly cropped avatars.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katsukora
Server: Cerberus
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2011-04-13 21:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna have to agree with Linear on this one, putting that kinda effort for a 21-24hr NM with a craptacular drop rate isn't what I would call "work". And frankly, it's not exactly being handed to them, unless they just stand around and look stupid and not exactly help.

Earning the the gil for the pop items/farming the key items to pop it/etc is more work than standing around camping an NM for the ToD. Taking it down yes would be the task, but even then, it's just the same as any Abyssea boss - a working strategy that is repeated every time you fight it. And even then, ***can still go wrong. The AI of any monster is random no matter where its at, you just have to pray you don't get your *** handed to you by the slightest mistake. THAT is the challenge if you ask me - surviving it even if ***DOES go wrong.
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-13 21:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Like the part about the +1 and +2 ***, second thing is nice, light status *** yes... but ... the weakness thing... uh ...

The spells Blitzstrahl and 1000 Needles were too problematic. The other ones were just removed to balance it out. Blue Mage will now only have 1 grellow spell for each element.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-13 21:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm disappointing in all of you.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-04-13 21:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'm disappointing in all of you.
Ouch.
[+]
 Caitsith.Asukas
By Caitsith.Asukas 2011-04-13 21:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Why do you play a MMO if you have 3 hours to play a week? Go play a single player game.

How much gear do you think is on the elite because of these 3-hour players (that were let into a hnmls in the past as filler because they were happy with two trips to sky a month). They served a purpose. /evillaugh

j/k, but seriously... I have seen people do this since the beginning of this game until now (just replace sky with whatever is hard to obtain solo/duo in a short amount of time).
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-04-13 21:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Solara said:
Valefor.Bloodcat said:

Yeah, I like watching people with sub par gear use 4x the people they need for kills too. /highfive

I blanked out the half of my picture with my gf in it, because she didn't want her face in the picture, then put it back up that way to annoy her. I don't like that your avatar has the "Bueno" cropped out of the image, since that was what made the original awesome.

Does this mean we'll never be friends? Q_Q
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-13 22:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a pocket full of stooones
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-14 01:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather have content that is challenging but not content that is artificially so via inaccessibly or limitations via competition. I'd rather them boost the difficulty of mobs or make a more strategic fight but make them easier to go and fight when you want.

I don't play this game to watch several other parties fight empy nms while I stand around and watch my traverser stones burn. I play it to DO the fights, and build toward better gear. In building my group's empy weapons, we spent more time being cockblocked than I care for.

Adjustments that let me waste less time are alright by me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-14 07:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Solara said:
Valefor.Bloodcat said:

I blanked out the half of my picture with my gf in it, because she didn't want her face in the picture, then put it back up that way to annoy her. I don't like that your avatar has the "Bueno" cropped out of the image, since that was what made the original awesome.

Does this mean we'll never be friends? Q_Q

It does.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8