Outside Of Abyssea - What Do You Like To Do?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Outside of Abyssea - What do you like to do?
Outside of Abyssea - What do you like to do?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-01 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to find out what players like to do while they play FFXI outside of Abyssea.

What do you find fun? What is it that you enjoy? Any non-Abyssea related activities.

---

I personally enjoy fishing and doing missions. I also love the occasional white mage melee for the fun of it.

I enjoyed SCNM but the rewards have since been obsolete due to Abyssea items.

Low-manning KSNM/BCNM's are interesting, although the rewards are almost never worth it.

ANNM's were interesting, but having to use Allied Notes to do it was annoying if you didn't like campaign to make allied notes. The fact that you couldn't earn AN's from leveling made me mad.

ENM's were fun when they came out, haven't done any in awhile. Would be cool doing it now since you have no level restriction going up there.

I have never done any ISNM's, because I didn't like leveling so i never had Imperial Standing points XD.

I like Walk of Echoes! But i hate when random people come in and destroy your run lotting on coins and loot that are worth a lot. :\ I understand it is an activity that everyone can gather and work together, but that is not what people do. They enter and leech coins for their weapons and steal armor to make gil for themselves. /end rage

I love the idea of synergy and even have it leveled up quite a bit. Just, leveling it is quite annoying.

Crafting is cool when you get skill-ups, level 97 cloth for me. I just don't know, having to put gil in to be able to make something. A lot of the items still are being used now but a lot aren't due to abyssea.

I have done the occasional Chocobo Digging and never found profit in it, although I have read you have to put a lot into it to make anything from it. It's cool digging stuff up and getting random junk though.

Clamming was... a interesting activity to try out once.

Gardening was cool, but it never got me hooked doing it. I know a lot of players have made their millions from it though (I think a lot through an exploit once though). Even without it I know people who made a lot from doing it.

Excavation, Harvesting, Logging, Mining were once cool, but when it was there was a huge bot problem. That ended up making me not do it at that time. It would be cool to do while your leveling a craft though, has a nice theme to it.

I never got into chocobo racing, it never was a huge hit on my server. I ended up getting a baby chocobo and it ended up being green, the color that I wanted /o/

I never have done MMM (Mobling Maze Mongers). I think a few people enjoyed it.

I never liked Dynamis. I guess it was fun at one point but the repetitiveness and following the same path every time just got to me.

I have mixed feelings about VNM's. They're pretty challenging (with a small group or solo) but finding them without cheating is difficult (even when your cheating can be difficult).

I hate ZNM's with a passion. Yea, they're creative and original in some ways but, at least with my group, there was a lot of running around and that got tiresome.

I have never gained EXP to level from Fields of Valor. I hear its a great way to make exp low level (pre 30).

I never have enjoyed leveling, even in Abyssea (yea I know).

I don't like campaign that much probably due to the 5 day wait per rank up. I guess I should of started out early lol.

Besieged was pretty cool from time to time, I never got into it seriously. Was just a cool thing to do from time to time.

I no longer enjoy Nyzul Isle Investigation due to doing it more often than I probably should of. I have Runic Key though.

I find some Assaults cool, but never would repeat them because I'd end up hating them. It was cool getting all of them done to get Captain though. I enjoy captain.

I have mixed feelings about salvage, It was pretty boring for me and the fact that stuff almost never dropped was depressing. Felt great when you did see something drop that your group actually needed.

I enjoy helping random people I've never met with something they need help with. I don't like the people that ended up asking me for help over and over and over and over again though without giving it back. Is that wrong? lol

I did enjoy power leveling a random party in dunes or somewhere when I was bored. I loved seeing people all surprised that I wanted to do it.

Sky was fun when it came out, the only way I still enjoy it is lowman (2-3 friends).

I've done too much sea to enjoy it, although I probably would like duoing it. I love how it looks though, everything is so pretty :)

Pankration was just silly to me.

I've never been a huge NM person, even when I was HNM camping. Only reason I did HNM's was for the gear. Well, I did like doing NM's at one point, but because of people abusing the system and the monopolization of a NM, it ended up not being any fun unless you bot claimed.

Farming was once a cool activity to do. It was boring but the idea of gathering up items to sell and getting rewarded for your hard work was fun. It was something to do while you had nothing to do. But in an effort to combat rmt'ing SE had to lower the NPC prices of many items that players farmed.

I'm sure there are other things out there but I don't remember any of them. If you know something bring it up!

---

You don't have to list everything that I did, I just wanted to start it off. So, what do you like to do outside of Abyssea? :)
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-01 15:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
I would like to find out what players like to do while they play FFXI outside of Abyssea.

What do you find fun? What is it that you enjoy? Any non-Abyssea related activities.

---

ENM's were fun when they came out, haven't done any in awhile. Would be cool doing it now since you have no level restriction going up there.

I was an addict for ENMs as soon as they were released, and for years afterwards.

Once the level cap was raised to 80, I thought I'd be all badass and try to solo the ones I thought were uncapped ....

... except I found out they aren't. They are capped @ level 75. Unless S-E has since changed this during the 85 or 90 updates (I don't think they have).
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-04-01 15:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
I enjoy raping things on SAM again
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-01 15:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
I enjoy raping things on SAM again, then I QQ over how bad NIN is outside.

Then I masturbate whilst AFK in Port Jeuno.

Me too!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-01 16:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowman Sky/Sea is pretty fun, much more active these days and most of it is solo/duoable.

Salvage is very fun for me now. We see a 35 on most runs (not necessarily the one we want lol) if we bring a THF along thanks to the droprate patch, and it's easy enough that we can just *** around and still easily full clear with a small group. BR is still kind of a *** since NMs don't like to pop but it's not horrible.

ZNM farming still sucks, *** you Sanraku and your Zeni too.

Haven't done any ANNM and very little KSNM since the cap increase, so I can't comment on those. Kind of tempted to mess around with HNMs if they happen to be up but I haven't really bothered to check.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-01 18:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to try salvage again soon, I've heard good things about it lately, just still have a bad feeling from doing it so much before with no progress. Felt like such a waste for years lol.
By Wafflechan 2011-04-01 18:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul, I luv it.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-04-01 18:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely nothing. Nothing outside abyssea is worth a whole heck of a lot of time nor can I drum up much interest for it. That being said best thing going on outside of abyssea is WoE. I enjoyed getting coins despite leeches and w/e else. Nowadays if I'm really bored in between events I tool around in WoE for fun, passing all those lovely coins (since I'm not pursuing any weapons at this point in time.) and seeing how many times I'm called a leech even though I'm not lotting coins...
[+]
 Sylph.Aleya
Server: Sylph
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2011-04-01 18:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to stand in front of Joachim thinking about abyssea.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xilfarth
Server: Phoenix
user: Xilfarth
By Phoenix.Xilfarth 2011-04-01 22:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Try decorating your mog. You might be surprised.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-01 22:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Going out on WHM and curing people.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-01 22:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Afk, wait for Abyssea event, and go buy fruit irl.
[+]
By Anithiel 2011-04-02 13:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Epic badass valkurm pts
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-02 13:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy a good chat w/ Horst when I'm not IN abyssea!
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-02 13:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xilfarth said:
Try decorating your mog. You might be surprised.
Hey Crab man
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-02 13:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I love decorating my mog, leveling new jobs in duo/trio parties, trio/4-man (quatro?) salvage, chattering with pals, procrastinating leveling crafts. Fun stuff! When dynamis gets overhauled, I want to try to low-man (3-4) that too. For fun and to finish sets of armors to store so I will have them if I need them later.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-04-02 13:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

I was an addict for ENMs as soon as they were released, and for years afterwards.

Once the level cap was raised to 80, I thought I'd be all badass and try to solo the ones I thought were uncapped ....

... except I found out they aren't. They are capped @ level 75. Unless S-E has since changed this during the 85 or 90 updates (I don't think they have).
lol wtf?
I know it's elanabelle and that, but why the *** is that post pending moderation?
hell, he's posted more offensive stuff before
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-02 13:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:

NIN isn't bad outside these days; it just doesn't put up srs epeen numbers. Its main strength lies in DoT - the misconception that WS damage is the only damage is what caused the SAM ONRY frenzy years ago.
[+]
 Ifrit.Maverick
Server: Ifrit
user: Maverick
By Ifrit.Maverick 2011-04-02 13:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
to finish sets of armors to store so I will have them if I need them later.

You can use porter moogles to store parts, you dont need the whole set anymore...

I enjoy soloing EPs for some fast exp on low jobs
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-04-02 14:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I like doing things in Sea, there is a lot to farm/hunt so you can almost always leave with something.

Been thinking about getting back into ZNMs, I like the system and can still use a couple pieces.

I haven't been back to Salvage since before the drop increase but it is one of my favorite events.
When/if Trials are released I think my team will get back together and check em out.
/nods to Krsone.
By BorealisV2 2011-04-02 14:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
BorealisV2 said:

NIN isn't bad outside these days; it just doesn't put up srs epeen numbers. Its main strength lies in DoT - the misconception that WS damage is the only damage is what caused the SAM ONRY frenzy years ago.

It's pretty bad. When compared to how useful it is in Abyssea the gap is pretty damn noticeable, much bigger than that of MNK and WAR. Blade: Hi is just *** crap outside, even when geared properly.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-02 14:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Maverick said:
Odin.Liela said:
to finish sets of armors to store so I will have them if I need them later.

You can use porter moogles to store parts, you dont need the whole set anymore...

I enjoy soloing EPs for some fast exp on low jobs

Yeah, I have some partial sets on the porter moogle. I'm just being OCD about it. /blush! It's a personality flaw in me, honestly.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-02 20:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

lol wtf?
I know it's elanabelle and that, but why the *** is that post pending moderation?
hell, he's posted more offensive stuff before

I know, right?
Actually, there isn't anything offensive about that post.
It's true, too. ENMs like "Brothers" are capped @ level 75 ... they aren't "uncapped". Don't believe me? Go try it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-02 20:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Missions, I really like doing em.
[+]
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-04-02 20:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

outside of abyssea i play cod
[+]
 Fenrir.Acebeast
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2011-04-02 20:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, well outside of Abyssea i just kill NM's and farm, or do some exciting trials.. -.- idk, there really isn't anything "fun" to do outside of Abyssea.
First Page 2 3 4 5