Outside Of Abyssea - What Do You Like To Do?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Outside of Abyssea - What do you like to do?
Outside of Abyssea - What do you like to do?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-02 20:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acebeast said:
Uh, well outside of Abyssea i just kill NM's and farm, or do some exciting trials.. -.- idk, there really isn't anything "fun" to do outside of Abyssea.

Really? I find that sad. Efficient gear wise, maybe not, but blatantly not "fun"? :(
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-02 21:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been enjoying Fafnir, Cerb, Khim, all just on NIN/DNC and its fun as all hell. Its nice not having to worry about 30 campers and just going for the challenge.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acebeast
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2011-04-02 21:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess, but it gets old very fast. I'd rather kill NM's in Abyssea and actually get something done, But that's just me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-02 21:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

AFK in Port Jeuno for lolz
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-02 21:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

on a serious note though, i still find it enjoyable to low level party every now and again, leveling subs and jobs that i dont want to get to 90, but may use as a sub someday..

it just reminds me of old ffxi, and you get to meet new people.... no one really talks in abyssea alliances
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-04-02 21:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There's still a TON of fun content outside Abyssea...

Salvage is still an exceptional event, and more fun than ever with the most recent adjustments.

Linkshells can still find some good times doing stuff that required a LOT more effort at a lower level cap... events like Einherjar and fights like Absolute Virtue, Pandemonium Warden, Vrtra, and ToAU beastmen kings.

HNM is still just HNM, though is also a lot more fun now without so much competition. Tiamat, Ixion, and Sandworm are all still worth killing for the right group of players, and Zilart kings can still be interesting to low-man. ToAU mobs are the only ones not worth the effort now, since their synth material cost went to *** (Cerb hides available in gold chests) or their drops got severely outdated (poor Hauteclaire v.v).

On a more solo level, storyline missions were always a huge draw to any FF game, and FFXI has some great storylines in it... and there's never been a better (or easier) time than now to catch up on all the ones you've not yet done.
 Fenrir.Acebeast
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2011-04-02 21:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:

On a more solo level, storyline missions were always a huge draw to any FF game, and FFXI has some great storylines in it... and there's never been a better (or easier) time than now to catch up on all the ones you've not yet done.

True
 Leviathan.Kajii
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-04-02 21:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aporryon SE on THF
[+]
 Fenrir.Acebeast
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2011-04-02 21:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol oh yeah forgot about Limbus.. Well that was fun on Bst solo :P
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-02 22:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill NM with SMNer now!!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-02 22:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The only missions I have not done yet are WoTG.

I've been wanting to level my campaign medals but...idk, no motivation to do it at all :(
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-02 22:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to do that myself.
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-04-02 22:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of Abyssea...

I like to explore Vana'diel, visit areas, brainstorm what music files I can replace to make exploring those areas more enjoyable for me.

This music for this area?

Sure, why not?
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-02 22:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Leif said:
Outside of Abyssea...

I like to explore Vana'diel, visit areas, brainstorm what music files I can replace to make exploring those areas more enjoyable for me.

Sure, why not?
That is trick man!!
 Fenrir.Acebeast
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2011-04-02 22:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Leif said:
Outside of Abyssea...

Sure, why not?
OMG dude thats what i did preabyssea lmao.. sandy,jueno all those zone ost's got soo repetitve and boring.
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-04-02 22:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acebeast said:
Ramuh.Leif said:
Outside of Abyssea...

Sure, why not?
OMG dude thats what i did preabyssea lmao.. sandy,jueno all those zone ost's got soo repetitve and boring.
I personally am still doing it post-abyssea.

The Abyssea battle theme got repetitive and boring, fast.

Replace it with this, yo!
 Fenrir.Acebeast
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2011-04-02 22:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:

I've been wanting to level my campaign medals but...idk, no motivation to do it at all :(
I've gotten some done, it's just too difficult to get a static set up for it, Since most people are leagued with a different nation or waaaay behind with the story.. lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-03 00:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acebeast said:
Siren.Kalilla said:

I've gotten some done, it's just too difficult to get a static set up for it, Since most people are leagued with a different nation or waaaay behind with the story.. lol

Yea, I've found picking up some friends to static together every update is the best way to go. That is how I did the mini expansions up until the last one (was too lazy).
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-04-03 00:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
BorealisV2 said:
I enjoy raping things on SAM again, then I QQ over how bad NIN is outside.

NIN isn't bad outside these days; it just doesn't put up srs epeen numbers. Its main strength lies in DoT - the misconception that WS damage is the only damage is what caused the SAM ONRY frenzy years ago.

Actually parsers caused that when they showed how much damage SAM was doing compared to everything else. It didn't have anything to do with people loleyeballing WS numbers...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-03 02:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acebeast said:
Uh, well outside of Abyssea i just kill NM's and farm, or do some exciting trials.. -.- idk, there really isn't anything "fun" to do outside of Abyssea.

I wouldn't say there isn't anything fun to do outside of Abyssea (and personally I feel Abyssea is a drag), but a lot of what was once fun became not so much fun since the rewards didn't seem as good anymore.

I have always loved to fish on here, it is relaxing and fun to do with friends when you just want to chill.

Missions are always fun when they come out, they aren't really that fun when you want to catch up on something. They can be fun when your bored and just want to do something though.

Ah, and trials. I didn't add that to my list. Yea, that isn't very fun.
 Fenrir.Acebeast
By Fenrir.Acebeast 2011-04-03 10:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Fenrir.Acebeast said:

I wouldn't say there isn't anything fun to do outside of Abyssea (and personally I feel Abyssea is a drag), but a lot of what was once fun became not so much fun since the rewards didn't seem as good anymore.

I have always loved to fish on here, it is relaxing and fun to do with friends when you just want to chill.

Missions are always fun when they come out, they aren't really that fun when you want to catch up on something. They can be fun when your bored and just want to do something though.

Ah, and trials. I didn't add that to my list. Yea, that isn't very fun.
I agree
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-03 10:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jesi said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
BorealisV2 said:

NIN isn't bad outside these days; it just doesn't put up srs epeen numbers. Its main strength lies in DoT - the misconception that WS damage is the only damage is what caused the SAM ONRY frenzy years ago.

Actually parsers caused that when they showed how much damage SAM was doing compared to everything else. It didn't have anything to do with people loleyeballing WS numbers...

Parsers also largely overestimated SAM damage due to overkill.
[+]
 Cerberus.Turtleshells
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Turtleshells 2011-04-03 10:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed doing lottery pops for my attempt at an Empyrean weapon, though, I can't seem to find vnm help e___e.

Nyzul, making climbs for getting Drakesbane, Tachi Rana, and Ascetic's Fury was enjoyable. I got disappoint ovar fail runs, but all in all it was an enoyable climb throughout that month.

I love soloing my mid level ninja in places like Quicksand caves, and Crawler's Nest. NIN/DNC, and not needing shadows, quick kills and decent money from beetle jaws and silk. I especially love Blade Jin.

I lovefinding random NMs while travelling during quests, be it someone else's lottery pop, or my own luck on a timed spawn. I love seeing a proc on a weird named monster saying ITG! Even if it's too hard, I'll attempt to kick it's ***.

I love Campaign, and Besieged.
[+]
 Bismarck.Luftig
Server: Bismarck
user: Luftig
By Bismarck.Luftig 2011-04-03 11:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Lakshmi.Jesi said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
BorealisV2 said:

Parsers also largely overestimated SAM damage due to overkill.

this, a 2k gekko will still do 2k even if the mob has 100 hp left.

everything is still fun, i find it even more fun now though because of the fact I can go kill almost anything with 3-5 people.
 Ragnarok.Rieekil
user: Rieekil
By Ragnarok.Rieekil 2011-04-04 13:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i reached the point where i got every thing i need from abyssea (lowman PTs) and just waiting my turn @ the LS on body hands items for +2 and r8 now i started doing trial for dagger double atk +10% x2 just for fun XD and thats been keeping me busy for long time now ... 700 kill w/o weather could take weeks if solo loool !!
and one day will start working on element trial staff .. only got the ice one ... never really liked the idea of soloing my trial on blm :3 sucks !!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-04 13:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer an RDM instead of WHM outside of Abyssea.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-04-04 15:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of Abyssea I co-lead a Dynamis shell and do Limbus. Other than that, I would normally be helping my friends with whatever they want to do.

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
I prefer an RDM instead of WHM outside of Abyssea.
in before RDM needs cure 5 arguments
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-04-04 15:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer to stalk quetz/draylo/anyone else whos online Do staff trials :)
[+]