[dev1005] More Formidable Fellows!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1005] More Formidable Fellows!
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-01 09:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
* The level cap for adventuring fellows will be increased from 70 to 85.

o Increasing your fellow’s level cap will require the completion of new limit break quests.
o Players wishing to undertake these quests must fulfill the following conditions:

+ Must have completed the quest “Clash of the Comrades.”
+ Adventuring fellow must be level 66 or higher.
+ Must possess the Magian Trial Log key item.

o Fellows will fight alongside you for longer periods of time.

+ Initial duration of stay will be extended from 45 to 90 minutes.
+ Initial enemy quotas will be increased from 15 to 50 foes.
+ Strengthening bonds with your fellow will provide additional bonuses to these values.

# Duration of stay: 9 steps of 10 minutes each, up to a maximum of 180 minutes.
# Enemy quota: 5 steps of 10 foes each, up to a maximum of 100 foes.

*The maximum bonus will be applied to players whose fellow bonds have already been strengthened to their limits.

o Players will be able to call forth fellows in the following areas:

Wajaom Woodlands / Bhaflau Thickets / Mount Zhayolm / Aydeewa Subterrane / Caedarva Mire

April Fool's Joke? Just came out today.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-04-01 10:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard something about them wanting improving the fellows so I don't think this is a joke.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-01 10:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Make them able to go into abyssea and they will be useful. Only ever used them as a small *tiny* extra hand during a random quest or farm run/NM. Lvl 85 should be cool, I hope they get their max MP adjusted though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-01 10:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The joke being that people still give a ***about their adventuring fellows?

Damn good joke to me.
[+]
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-01 10:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, thanks for posting this. I can't access the forums due to a firewall. Seems legit to me but who knows, SE could have a sense of humor? They did make FFXIV after all...
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-01 10:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo T4 vnms!!!

But really they need to adjust AIs, mp, mp usage allow you to make them keep their distance etc.

Also remember this is just in development. Subject to lots of change
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-01 10:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

npc adventuring companions...

wish they came naked and we can let them use our own gear and make macros for them to use
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-01 10:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
npc adventuring companions... wish they came naked and we can let them use our own gear and make macros for them to use
Game would be broken..but man it would be nice.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-01 10:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
The joke being that people still give a ***about their adventuring fellows?

Damn good joke to me.

Whoever rated Aurilius down, you should at least give a reason for caring so much about Adventuring Fellows. No one gives a ***about them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-01 10:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
npc adventuring companions... wish they came naked and we can let them use our own gear and make macros for them to use
Game would be broken..but man it would be nice.
Not completely broken... it would just be like everyone dual boxing... well almost as good anyways. Except one of them is garunteed to be gimp and can't party for long
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-01 10:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Hyp, but I don't care if they want to rate me down on it. I leveled my fellow to 70, and now I don't even use it.

I agree that they need to let you bring them out in Abyssea.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-01 10:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is fashioned after Beatrix :) She has cool looking full I.M. Gear armor and a gkt with a eyepatch!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-01 10:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to take them into battlefields too
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-01 10:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the main reason they are so restricted is so people didn't solo everything with their NPC. Not like they can solo much but I can't see any other reason why the restriction is so heavy outside of TOAU (I know this was because of congestion issues which isn't there anymore obviously). They should be allowed into BCNMs now though, doesn't really make it that much easier than what it is due to the fact you can't control them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-04-01 10:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty cool of a change for fans of the adventuring fellow concept. Any new development on that front is a bonus to me :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Hyar
Server: Fenrir
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-04-01 11:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing that they did this, unfortunatly it's years too late and nobody really cares <.<
Let us take them into abyssea and people will be happy as hell :)

Edit: The level increase is amazing, thats great. The new areas? Not so much anymore <.<
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-04-01 11:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It was about time, I knew they would do something about this, and to allow them to visit Aht Urghan???

YUS!!!!!

TY SE!!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-04-01 11:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good to me, it's all improvements. Funny how some ppl seem to think that them not giving a *** = nobody gives a ***. No i don't think 90% of the people are thrilled by this but a "black or white/there's no such thing as nuances" attitude is 10 times as lame as this news.
[+]
By sefalon 2011-04-01 11:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Make them able to go into abyssea and they will be useful. Only ever used them as a small *tiny* extra hand during a random quest or farm run/NM. Lvl 85 should be cool, I hope they get their max MP adjusted though.

I only used mine so I had someone to talk to while I was soloing my jobs. Ffxi can be a lonley place
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-01 11:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
The joke being that people still give a ***about their adventuring fellows? Damn good joke to me.
I was ten times more excited about this than the loldynamis ***.

I wasn't excited about either, but yes this is better than the dynamis change. Now if they would just let you bring them out in the new and improved dynamis, you might get the best of both updates.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2011-04-01 11:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, in fact Adventuring Fellows are quite useful at level 70. Remember how the world outside Abyssea is revolving around Trials of the Magians? Having an extra damage isn't all that bad when you do them.

It's not ground-breaking, but it's good news. Better than nothing.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-01 17:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't know how often I'll be using my NPC, but knowing it will be less of a burden than it was before (having such low AI, HP and limited MP pool) things can only turn better.

I wonder if they'll gain access to some extra WS, either way, it'll be nice to see my slave taru put his rune chopper to use once more heheh
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-04-01 17:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

While their usage is limited (I think I use mine nowadays only to cast paralyna/stona/silena to save me an echo drop, or alternatively to help eat 1000 needles) at least they added on some new content for it.

Plus mine talked so much @$@% to me while I fought her during "Clash of the Comrades" I wouldn't mind getting another chance to kick her @$$ again in a limit-break BCNM fight. :p
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-01 17:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna lie, the ministory that came with the NPC was awesome.

I wanna see what happens after that last level cap quest. ***got real.

Sometimes I wonder how much the dialogue changes based on the NPC personality too. Considering the writing style isn't exactly the most exciting thing ever, I wasn't sure if it was because my NPC has the boring, serious personality.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-04-01 17:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Not gonna lie, the ministory that came with the NPC was awesome. I wanna see what happens after that last level cap quest. ***got real. Sometimes I wonder how much the dialogue changes based on the NPC personality too. Considering the writing style isn't exactly the most exciting thing ever, I wasn't sure if it was because my NPC has the boring, serious personality.

It's hilarious how much detail they put into it...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Adventuring_Fellow_Personality

...in terms of dialogue. :p

Sadly, I too, made mine a long long time ago when they first came out (and there were only a handful of the default-personalities...) :p My favourite of all would have to be the "Domineering-Female" personality...total conspiracy theorist LOL. If I hadn't invested all that time in my current one (and if they actually did more than they current do) I'd have picked that one instead. :p
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2011-04-01 17:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What I find it funny also is that if you choose to upgrade the fellow weapon, it cost a fortune.
The last GK for my fellow is 400k, only sold in 1 store. Unless you're really rich you won't be forking that for a NPC weapon. I hope they change that too. Let us give them Haguns! lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-01 17:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
What I find it funny also is that if you choose to upgrade the fellow weapon, it cost a fortune. The last GK for my fellow is 400k, only sold in 1 store. Unless you're really rich you won't be forking that for a NPC weapon. I hope they change that too. Let us give them Haguns! lol
So? It's not like you have to do it. It's purely for ascetics
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-01 17:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
What I find it funny also is that if you choose to upgrade the fellow weapon, it cost a fortune.
The last GK for my fellow is 400k, only sold in 1 store. Unless you're really rich you won't be forking that for a NPC weapon. I hope they change that too. Let us give them Haguns! lol

It's much easier to have a friend craft one for you. That's how I climbed up to the Rune chopper looking GA that i wanted for my NPC.
Never rely on stores for anything other than crafting materials at most.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-01 17:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Hades.Tripster said:

It's much easier to have a friend craft one for you. That's how I climbed up to the Rune chopper looking GA that i wanted for my NPC.
Never rely on stores for anything other than crafting materials at most.

I think there are a few Great Katanas you can only buy from stores, and are un-craftable.

Its been a long time since i looked it up...
First Page 2