[dev1005] More Formidable Fellows!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1005] More Formidable Fellows!
[dev1005] More Formidable Fellows!
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-01 18:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:

Sadly, I too, made mine a long long time ago when they first came out (and there were only a handful of the default-personalities...) :p My favourite of all would have to be the "Domineering-Female" personality...total conspiracy theorist LOL. If I hadn't invested all that time in my current one (and if they actually did more than they current do) I'd have picked that one instead. :p

Quote:
# Jeuno: "My adventurer's instinct tells me that a secret weapon sleeps here in Jeuno. Most likely the part that would form the main body..."
# San d'Oria: "That cathedral... It could easily transform into the head and-- A-ahem! Nevermind..."
# Windurst: "A large building seems to be embedded inside the Great Star Tree. I wouldn't be surprised if the leg portion of the secret weapon is concealed within."

brb resetting npcs
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-01 18:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Fenrir.Schutz said:

Sadly, I too, made mine a long long time ago when they first came out (and there were only a handful of the default-personalities...) :p My favourite of all would have to be the "Domineering-Female" personality...total conspiracy theorist LOL. If I hadn't invested all that time in my current one (and if they actually did more than they current do) I'd have picked that one instead. :p

Quote:
# Jeuno: "My adventurer's instinct tells me that a secret weapon sleeps here in Jeuno. Most likely the part that would form the main body..."
# San d'Oria: "That cathedral... It could easily transform into the head and-- A-ahem! Nevermind..."
# Windurst: "A large building seems to be embedded inside the Great Star Tree. I wouldn't be surprised if the leg portion of the secret weapon is concealed within."

brb resetting npcs

Wuts dis? April's fool? o:
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-01 18:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, thats what the NPC says. Each one has a Flavor text in a specific town.

That one obviously imagines/thinks the 4 Major cities form some Voltron-Power-Ranger type Megazord when combined.

Windurst Great Star Tree = legs/feet.
Jeuno = Body/arms
Sandy = Head
Bastok = ??? power source?
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-01 18:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When you summon NPC at the city summon point thing, and talk to them, they say different things depending on personality. (Mine always talks about food...)
The domineering one says the above.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-01 18:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Now imagine this with the Serpent Generals.

Empire Sentai Serpentranger

they're just asking for it
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-01 18:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I think mine had the basic personality then.. since day 1 he's been telling me about his MH feeling damp because of all the rusty buckets he had in it or something like that. That's not a cool story :/
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-04-01 18:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who likes this update? well mostly, I somehow knew it would involve MORE Magian crap :/ they better not add another Magian moogle, the AF one is annoying as hell as is (Please SE make it stop talking like a wapanese fool!)

I would imagine (IF Ajakieem will even be used anymore...) the Artifact, Relic, & Emp. sets would cost the same or more then the Argent/Opaline set, the new weapons defiantly wont be cheap...but like with the quest weapon skills they get if you eat the food they make the damage will be "broken" so I wont Expect Mugido to dish out over 500 dmg on using King's Justice or Dzapiwa using Final Heaven.

Other then that I look forward to this, Having Mugido out while doing trials makes the trials less boring & easy for me to keep track of my progress (capped at 30 kills at the moment, I'm gonna keep building points just in case)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-01 19:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why people care about getting the higher lvl weapons for their npc so much. It doesn't effect dmg at all.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-01 19:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aestetics are the only thing that matters on your npc
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-01 19:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh but alot of the lower weapons actually look cooler than the higher ones.

And either way somethign is trivial as looks shouldn't matter so much that you are raging at the cost
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-01 19:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst part was how the weapon you gave them doesn't even correlate to what they actually use half the time.

Which is why the club hammer is the only correct option. Hexa Squeak.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-01 20:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the coolest NPC ever!

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-04-01 20:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, now my NPC gets to look even more gimp as she full-times the Hachiman set at level 85. :P But yes, the part I'm looking most forward to about this are the level cap quests for them. <3
 Sylph.Ahasuerus
Server: Sylph
user: Xerxes
By Sylph.Ahasuerus 2011-04-01 21:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yeah this would be pretty sexy. Unless your Adventuring Fellow is a Galka. In your mind you'd totally be hearing this spoken in DerftheGalka's voice. Wicked cool.

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
lol, now my NPC gets to look even more gimp as she full-times the Hachiman set at level 85. :P But yes, the part I'm looking most forward to about this are the level cap quests for them. <3

Gimp or not, I've always thought the set looked great. Yoli's dead sexy in bonecrafter shades and full Hachiman. Looking forward to this update.