Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-20 03:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Copied from another thread:

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
The world around you should be proof enough that there is no god, and after looking at the world, you still think there is a god, ask yourself why they would let us destroy ourselves if they love us so much.

The counter-argument to the "why does God let bad things happen to good people" is usually 'free will'.

Just playing devils advocate here. Pun sooooo intended.
I would be more likely to accept that whole 'free will' thing, if there wasn't consequences for not 'accepting him as your lord and savior'.

"It's your choice to make, you can blow me, or I'm going to pound you in the *** with no lube" Ridiculous.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-20 03:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a magnus opus? Unless you mean a magnum opus, which is then a great work, if not the greatest, of an artist. I think you meant to say "reason"?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-03-20 03:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's my Opus.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-20 03:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:
It's my Opus.

But where's the apostrophe!?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-03-20 03:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Bismarck.Magnuss said:
It's my Opus.

It's buried in plural words where it doesn't belong.

Like:

and:

[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-03-20 03:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a magnus opus? Unless you mean a magnum opus, which is then a great work, if not the greatest, of an artist. I think you meant to say "reason"?
Bismarck.Magnuss said:
Bismarck.Magnuss said:
It's my Opus.

Like:

and:

Was/am High. Not a good time to post philosophical arguments, although it makes you want to.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-20 04:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Magnuss said:
Bismarck.Magnuss said:
It's my Opus.

Like:

and:

Was/am High. Not a good time to post philosophical arguments, although it makes you want to.

Uhh, cool? I'll have to say, that's a first for me.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kazaki
Server: Asura
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2011-03-20 04:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
The world around you should be proof enough that there is no god, and after looking at the world, you still think there is a god, ask yourself why they would let us destroy ourselves if they love us so much.

The counter-argument to the "why does God let bad things happen to good people" is usually 'free will'.

I would be more likely to accept that whole 'free will' thing, if there wasn't consequences for not 'accepting him as your lord and savior'.

"It's your choice to make, you can blow me, or I'm going to pound you in the *** with no lube" Ridiculous.

It's your choice to believe in God, and if you don't then one has to assume that you don't believe in the powers this person that now doesn't exist in your mind has. Does that make sense?

To put it simply; How can someone who you don't believe in give you an *** pounding with no lube as he doesn't exist?

Side-note: I'm Atheist.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-20 05:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kazaki said:

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Calatilla said:

It's your choice to believe in God, and if you don't then one has to assume that you don't believe in the powers this person that now doesn't exist in your mind has. Does that make sense?

To put it simply; How can someone who you don't believe in give you an *** pounding with no lube as he doesn't exist?

Side-note: I'm Atheist.
Quite simply because he demands that you worship and serve him.. You can believe him in without doing that.. He supposedly gives you free will to choose, then demands that you abide by his rules. If you make your own (don't embrace him) you will go to hell for it.

He doesn't give you true free will (and I'm of course going by everything I've learned when I was a Christian, and the studying I've done into the matter after I denounced my faith). He presents you with the option of choosing him or choosing hell. That's not free will.. That's leverage.

Let's just say you go to prison, (this is what the last line in that post is loosely based on) and you get your cell mate, he thinks you have a purdy mouth. He tells you, that either you are going to get on your knees and suck his *** willingly (which in my example also symbolizes submitting to God's rule) or he's going to *** you in the *** with no lube (going to hell) but it's your choice... At no point where you offered an option to NOT be raped.

That's essentially God's idea of free will. In other words, none. It's not free will when you're just offered 2 different styles of rape, it's just choosing.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Larodar
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Larodar
By Gilgamesh.Larodar 2011-03-20 06:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Marrs said:
EDIT: Fail me. Can delete thread plz.

God bless you op, inebriated or not it sounded like an honest question.

Fail reply. lol I've written and rewritten what I wanted to say to you but I know it would just put a bullseye on me. I'll just say this, I hope you find peace of mind in whatever you choose to believe, and you are able to believe it with your whole being. I believe if and when we are judged it will be relative to the light we've been shown. If you were formerly a Christian you probably understand that reference.

The Bible itself claims every tongue and every nation, every tribe will be represented in Heaven. Whole groups of peoples died out prior to the life of Jesus but are included in this. I hope you see what I am implying here (hindu/buddhist/muslim/atheist are not simply ushered off to Hell) Job himself was not Jewish/Christian, had no scriptures for a guide, but was considered by God to be the most righteous man on Earth. God's concern for the city of Nineveh also shows He is at work all over the place and nobody is discarded. God is present in all our lives and considers each of us thoroughly. Physical death will happen to us all, but I choose to trust that He who created me will be merciful in regards to my immortal being.

I'm sorry, too many things I want to say. I've been reading all these forums and it's so bitter. I apologize to anyone I've offended in ffxi, I am a poor excuse for a Christian. Just remember not to let fallible humans interfere with your quest for truth.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 07:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You should just be banned from making threads... seriously.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-20 07:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Oh like your posts are so award winning.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 07:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

I never delete my OP or throw the RL card around every thread. You are a retard though, you should also stop posting.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-20 07:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I never delete my OP or throw the RL card around every thread. You are a retard though, you should also stop posting.
How do you come to the conclusion that I'm a retard? Is it based simply on the fact that I don't agree with you?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 07:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

How do you come to the conclusion that I'm a retard? Is it based simply on the fact that I don't agree with you?

Yes, because you find it necessary to contradict things I say in a good majority of threads due to your misguided sense of hatred towards me for whatever reason. Also because you are a filthy botter.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-20 07:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Only if we can ban Dankdragon or wtf his name is and that dude who did the officemax chair thread from making threads.

Then, do whatever you want. :)

I'm sure he'll be banned soon. You can tell with some people.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-20 07:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Yes, because you find it necessary to contradict things I say in a good majority of threads due to your misguided sense of hatred towards me for whatever reason. Also because you are a filthy botter.
Here we go again, Look at my jobs, are those the jobs of a botter? Don't you think if I was a botter I would be better equipped both gear and job wise? Once again I lay down the challenge to find even just 1 single post that even BEGINS to hint at the fact that I'm a botter.. I mean you must be basing it off something right? Or are you just using that same *** that Welfare does when he meets opposition? With him it's gil buying, with you it's botting.

You ever think that I oppose what you say so much because maybe, just maybe, I think you're a *** tool and I actually believe what I'm saying when I offer a counter argument to you rather than just doing whatever I can to cause irritation because I despise you on a personal level?

You're a tool, a complete moron, an idiot. I disagree with the ***you say, because I disagree with what you say, not because of some 'misguided hatred' for you. You constantly trying to call me a botter illustrates quite well what a tool you are. You can't face me on an intellectual level, so you resort to trying to discredit me using unfounded claims that you have no hope of supporting, but ignore my pleas to try and back up your argument.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 07:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Here we go again, Look at my jobs, are those the jobs of a botter? Don't you think if I was a botter I would be better equipped both gear and job wise? Once again I lay down the challenge to find even just 1 single post that even BEGINS to hint at the fact that I'm a botter.. I mean you must be basing it off something right? Or are you just using that same *** that Welfare does when he meets opposition? With him it's gil buying, with you it's botting.

You ever think that I oppose what you say so much because maybe, just maybe, I think you're a *** tool and I actually believe what I'm saying when I offer a counter argument to you rather than just doing whatever I can to cause irritation because I despise you on a personal level?

You're a tool, a complete moron, an idiot. I disagree with the ***you say, because I disagree with what you say, not because of some 'misguided hatred' for you. You constantly trying to call me a botter illustrates quite well what a tool you are. You can't face me on an intellectual level, so you resort to trying to discredit me using unfounded claims that you have no hope of supporting, but ignore my pleas to try and back up your argument.

What makes me a tool/complete moron then? :( Also the botter thing was a joke lol. I could care less really, there is no "job" that botters use anyway. There is no credibility anymore when it comes to botting when everyone and their mom does it. Those days are over for most part. Also most of your "counter arguments" consist of lame little snide comments to try and spark some rage, but it never happens. Remind me of Saggitarin(sp) and how he always on my *** in threads for no reason lol.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-20 07:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Making unfounded claims just because you can't accept the fact that someone might disagree with you is one relevant example.. Or using said claims to brush off anything anyone says to you ("You're just a worthless botter, who cares about your opinion" is basically what you resort to, the same as Welfare).

I can find plenty more reasons just by going through your post history, and I will, after you present to me what I've already asked of you multiple times.

Ahh you edited your post to add more, so I shall in turn. My comments aren't meant for rage, it's meant to show a marked distaste and disagreement for what the things you say. This is a forum, for expressing opinions, you share yours, I share mine. If I state an opinion and someone questions said opinion, I explain my position further, if the need is present (where cases of mis-communication may be involved, or I haven't been clear) or go into an intellectual debate. I don't just brush it off like their opinion is worthless, as you do.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 07:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Making unfounded claims just because you can't accept the fact that someone might disagree with you is one relevant example.. Or using said claims to brush off anything says to you ("You're just a worthless botter, who cares about your opinion" is basically what you resort to, the same as Welfare).

I can find plenty more reasons just by going through your post history, and I will, after you present to me what I've already asked of you multiple times.

Already said it was a joke, I dunno how you can take so much offense to something if it isn't true?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 07:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My comments are meant for rage, it's meant to show a marked distaste and disagreement for what the things you say. This is a forum, for expressing opinions, you share yours, I share mine. If I state an opinion and someone questions said opinion, I explain my position further, if the need is present (where cases of mis-communication may be involved, or I haven't been clear) or go into an intellectual debate. I don't just brush it off like their opinion is worthless, as you do.

Some people aren't worth responding to though.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-20 07:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Making unfounded claims just because you can't accept the fact that someone might disagree with you is one relevant example.. Or using said claims to brush off anything says to you ("You're just a worthless botter, who cares about your opinion" is basically what you resort to, the same as Welfare).

Already said it was a joke, I dunno how you can take so much offense to something if it isn't true?
I don't take offense to it, if it was a joke, it happens once, or you are a friend, this is a common occurrence with you. You saying it's a joke is a bit like people who make HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE posts, then after being ridiculed come back and say "ahahah I trolled you!".. ***.

There's a difference between taking offense, and imploring someone to back up claims they've made. What I've done is the latter. The problem is, you can't. So now you play it off as a joke, and we're back at square 1. You're a tool.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-20 07:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

the title has to do with god and the OP is about how he fails

wat is going on
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 07:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Or the fact that I don't give a *** ? What makes you think I honestly care about whether or not you bot? You don't even play the game anymore, I did it to make you angry and it obviously worked.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-20 07:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
My comments are meant for rage, it's meant to show a marked distaste and disagreement for what the things you say. This is a forum, for expressing opinions, you share yours, I share mine. If I state an opinion and someone questions said opinion, I explain my position further, if the need is present (where cases of mis-communication may be involved, or I haven't been clear) or go into an intellectual debate. I don't just brush it off like their opinion is worthless, as you do.

Some people aren't worth responding to though.
Fixed an error, that was supposed to be "aren't meant for rage"

And you are correct, some people aren't worth responding to.. But generally those are the people who decide to E-thug it up, and all their counterparts. If someone replies to me in a civilized manner, I will respond. You've already shown that I'm worth responding to, so that's not really an issue here.

If you wish to carry this conversation on, I will respond tomorrow. I'm fixing to watch a movie and go to bed.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Or the fact that I don't give a *** ? What makes you think I honestly care about whether or not you bot? You don't even play the game anymore, I did it to make you angry and it obviously worked.
If you want to think I'm angry, feel free. As for what makes me think you care, because everytime a thread takes a turn towards botting, you're there, instantly ranting about it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 07:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't figure me out, I'm unique and you don't know anything about me.
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-20 08:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You can't figure me out, I'm unique and you don't know anything about me.

You are a jerk with poor social skills who plays way too much FFXI and takes out his social ineptitude and frustration brought on by hours of self-loathing by insulting people for no reason on a forum and then pretending he doesn't care about any of it.

Do I win a cookie?
[+]
First Page 2