Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God's skewed sense of "fair"
God's skewed sense of "fair"
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-20 08:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to apply human logic and morality to a "God" morality idea is somewhat flawed in my opinion. The human morality scale is ultimately limited because on the whole it relies on extremes - good vs evil, positive vs negative, etc.

So what happens when you have acts which can be considered at both extremes? And not just slightly, but overwhelmingly? Our system breaks down completely, because what is the point of a "measuring system" which can give you both a wholly true and false reading? It'd be like measuring something and finding it's both 16cm and 25cm - not useful.

Then we would have to introduce a higher morality, defined not by contrast between extremes but instead an end goal - a more complicated and less monochromatic system. Basically, I think that when considering moral issues and bringing "God" morality into things, He is meant to be transcendent. It is quite possible that we simply cannot fathom His line of "thought" (using "thought" again loosely because it is a human term) and so ultimately it is a futile exercise.

Letting someone die or a nation die for instance may be an entirely necessary evil for some end result - and as per The Butterfly Effect principle, changing anything very slightly may bring about a much different end.

I dunno why I'm typing this but hey, just felt like giving my perspective on things. I'm agnostic, leaning towards the side of atheism: whether there is an ultimate creator, I do not know and there is no way for me to know. What I DO believe is that the human interpretation of God and the religious side is a wholly inaccurate representation. Human terms and ideas such as his omnipotence, omniscience and benevolence are irreconciliable and artefacts such as the Bible cannot be trusted, similar to how one must be wary of all media when looking for an overall/political message.

Just my boring views.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-20 08:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
You can't figure me out, I'm unique and you don't know anything about me.

You are a jerk with poor social skills who plays way too much FFXI and takes out his social ineptitude and frustration brought on by hours of self-loathing by insulting people for no reason on a forum and then pretending he doesn't care about any of it.

Do I win a cookie?

draw yourself one
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 08:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

You are a jerk with poor social skills who plays way too much FFXI and takes out his social ineptitude and frustration brought on by hours of self-loathing by insulting people for no reason on a forum and then pretending he doesn't care about any of it.

Do I win a cookie?

No way :/ I'm a nice guy.
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-20 08:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Titan.Lillica said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Do I win a cookie?

You really are sometimes, and a lot of the time you know what you are talking about and seem pretty cool/smart. Sometimes though you just seem to go out of your way to be mean and insult people when it's not even necessary. You are basically a bully.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-20 08:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Titan.Lillica said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Do I win a cookie?

You really are sometimes, and a lot of the time you know what you are talking about and seem pretty cool/smart. Sometimes though you just seem to go out of your way to be mean and insult people when it's not even necessary. You are basically a bully.

Welcome to the internet.
[+]
 Valefor.Pewpeww
Server: Valefor
user: Enygma3
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-03-20 11:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The bible is immoral and one big lie.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-03-20 17:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You should just be banned from making threads... seriously.

I still like my other threads. =)

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-03-20 17:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Titan.Lillica said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Titan.Lillica said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Do I win a cookie?

Welcome to the internet.

The idea that bully's can even exist online is just silly to me. Like if draylo thinks his first comment on here bothered me at all that just makes me laugh, the concept of taking offense from someone who doesn't even know you in any respect outside of what you decided to post about is ridiculous. Its the internet. None of these people would act the same in person, although they'll all say they would. Its just silly. If you can let random people offend you, you're just being stupid, in a logical sense.