Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ukon/Claymore/---/Ravager's
Zelus/Ravager's/Ravager's/Brutal
Ravager's +2/Ravager's +2/Blitz/Rajas
Atheling/Goading/Ravager's +2/Ravager's +2

brutal/rajas on the right like a bro

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
er, yeah. changed it but guess it didn't register lol, alright thanks; also: Do any of the new STR legs beat AF3+2? More-so these: New panties
Slightly behind AF3+2 unless uncapped acc/capped pDIF.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-14 20:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Do any of the new STR legs beat AF3+2? More-so these: New panties

There are WS DMG+2% Crit Rate +3% Trophy pants already, and apparently they aren't as good as AF3+2, I can't imagine 4 STR and 3 less attack would be any better than them.
Those are better than AF3, they're just a pain in the *** to get.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-14 22:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a note. Not sure who's chart that is that you linked Night, but it doesn't seem to account for WS DMG+ stats on gear.

I was trying to see if crit hit rate +3 pants would be better than WS DMG +2 or if af3+2 would beat them both. AF3+2 beats crit ones unless you're att capped obv.

Can't get a pair with both of them on it. Over 250 attempts so far :(

Also, 11 STP isn't enough to 6 hit a 482, I don't think. Need a hoard ring in there.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-14 23:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Also, 11 STP isn't enough to 6 hit a 482, I don't think. Need a hoard ring in there.

it's enough as long as you land the second hit on ukko's fury

two quick questions

1) ravager's cuisses +2 (and by-extension the augmented legs from dominion) > hachiryu haidate more often than not, right, or's it vice-versa

i've personally preferred hachiryu over the course of the little while that i've been swaying between the two, but it doesn't hurt to ask i suppose

*2) grim cuirass +1 during the tp phase stand a chance against askar/augmented-ebody?

*six-hit route
 Leviathan.Alas
Server: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-05-14 23:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 230+ attempts at the Bellicus Cuisses and have only ever seen Crit rate +1 and damage +1% and never on the same piece. Just unlucky I guess, but starting to believe the perfect augments don't exist on those.

As for Ukonvasara 6-hit, only 29 stp is necessary, though the ideal tp set gives 34 (when /sam).
Ukon - Claymore/Pole - XXX - Ravager's Orb
Zelus Tiara - Ravager's Gorget - Brutal Earring - Ravager's Earring
Ravager's Lorica +2 - Ravager's Mufflers +2 - Rajas Ring - Blitz Ring
Atheling Mantle - Goading Belt - Ravager's Cuisses +2 - Ravager's Calligae +2

This setup requires 0 Stp on WS and doesn't rely on second hit landing with zero sources of regain. In the Moonshade (regain) versus Ravager's Earring debate, with this setup aiming for 6-hit, the regain does literally nothing for you. Adding in a ~ .8 Double attack value is more beneficial.

I'm glad some people had a chance to run the numbers, I'm stuck in Green Bay for the weekend so am unable to run the tests I'd planned. Glad I won't have to now.

Anecdotally, for Ukko's, while using Mighty Strikes +4% crit damage BH will be top WS pants, both inside and outside Abyssea. They'll also be tops inside with Bloodrage up. Outside, the fabled perfect augment Bellicus Cuisses should pull ahead. Otherwise inside Abyssea, I'm sticking with AF3+2 pants. Outside, BH all the way unless I finally get the right augments on Bellicus.
 Unicorn.Drexler
Server: Unicorn
user: drexler
By Unicorn.Drexler 2011-05-14 23:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why'd you guys have to go and talk about those trophy pants? I'm capped trophys....see yall next year....:(
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-15 00:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Just a note. Not sure who's chart that is that you linked Night, but it doesn't seem to account for WS DMG+ stats on gear.
It's Motenten's and no it doesn't, at least not in its stock form. G48 on the Calcs page would be the place to start if you're intending to implement that, or you could do it by hand.

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Bismarck.Altar said:

it's enough as long as you land the second hit on ukko's fury
^

Hoard Ring wasn't worth dropping the 0.4% or whatever of haste considering you'll only lose your 6-hit by it about 3% of the time. Every other STP trade sacrificed DA, same deal.

Quote:
1) ravager's cuisses +2 (and by-extension the augmented legs from dominion) > hachiryu haidate more often than not, right, or's it vice-versa
Dominion legs with at least WSDMG+2% critrate+2% are supposedly best, at least inside Abyssea. Hachi is <0.5% behind AF3+2 from what I'm seeing.

Quote:
*2) grim cuirass +1 during the tp phase stand a chance against askar/augmented-ebody?
About even with Askar, behind a good Ebody augment (DA+2% and STP being the key augments, attack+ being a nice bonus). Part of it is the DA you lose, the other part is not having that last fraction of haste with Restraint up.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-15 00:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So um.. long story short. Askar>Ravager's+2 if store TP is fine? Good god its ugly.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-15 00:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My DPS seems to drop switching from Grim to Askar, but I think it's going to be dependent on Berserk/Red Curry Bun/Stalwarts being up.

I didn't do the numbers on 6hitting, just inputted it into ffxi calc, which seems to show that you're slightly short even with both hits landing. It's probably off though.

Do you think just WS DMG +2% would beat out af3+2? Or would you need some crit on it as well?

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
So um.. long story short. Askar>Ravager's+2 if store TP is fine? Good god its ugly.
If you don't need the stp, Ravager's Body falls behind a lot of of other options.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2011-05-15 00:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Where would augmented Byakko's haidate be in the line, inside and outside abyssea?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-15 00:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
My DPS seems to drop switching from Grim to Askar, but I think it's going to be dependent on Berserk/Red Curry Bun/Stalwarts being up.
If you do it with Perle hands, Grim should be slightly ahead. Change it to Ravager's +2 hands (ie Restraint up) and it should be behind by about the same margin.

Also, there's two gear lists. One with Berserk, one without, and you can toggle on/off Stalwart's, Berserk, change food, etc. I should also mention the default mob level/defense are probably somewhat low, unless you're targeting Visions NMs or Scars fodder.

Quote:
I didn't do the numbers on 6hitting, just inputted it into ffxi calc, which seems to show that you're slightly short even with both hits landing. It's probably off though.
Should be getting 17 TP/hit during TP, are you remembering Goading Belt?

Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs said:
Where would augmented Byakko's haidate be in the line, inside and outside abyssea?
Behind all the aforementioned options iirc. This is assuming only a critdmg augment though, I haven't seen any other augments of interest for WAR.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-15 00:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:

Do you think just WS DMG +2% would beat out af3+2? Or would you need some crit on it as well?

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
If you don't need the stp, Ravager's Body falls behind a lot of of other options.

Started using Grim at the moment with Widowmaker. My ODD Double Attack barely ever kicks in lol.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-15 00:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Stuffs

Was actually doing a Restraint down set, so using timarli + 5% Head for 26% haste

Was using goading, rajas, Brutal (5,5,1 > 11) with Rajas, brutal on ws set. TPing in Grim
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-15 00:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, YMMV then. All my calcs today have used Zelus Tiara.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-15 01:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
About even with Askar, behind a good Ebody augment (DA+2% and STP being the key augments, attack+ being a nice bonus). Part of it is the DA you lose, the other part is not having that last fraction of haste with Restraint up.

eh? unless you're suggesting using hoard ring with grim? if so, i assume it's not worth risking the six-hit for otherwise if you were to use grim/blitz?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-15 01:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Hoard Ring. I probably overlooked a better trade though.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-15 10:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Yeah, Hoard Ring. I probably overlooked a better trade though.

yea i just counted it up and realized i forgot how sensitive a bare-minimum six-hit is

even still, if you tp'd in exclusively brutal/rajas/goading, pair that with a atk/regain moonshade earring and you'd only need two ticks (three if you whiff half of ukko's), which accordingly should never leave you short on tp, bar if you whiff half of ukko's and double attack twice during the tp phase with dual marches, which even then if you end up that "unlucky" per se, it's safe to assume you'd be hit at least once during that rare occurrence anyways (effectively giving you enough tp required anyways)

anyways, comparison for the tp phase: 3% da (askar korazin and ravager's earring) vs 11 str and 30 atk (grim cuirass +1 and atk/regain moonshade earring)

i'd assume askar would still win, otherwise lose just barely, but regardless, as long as you have an ebody with 4 store tp and 2% da, it'd beat both i'd imagine
By Zillion 2011-05-15 16:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So in light of the update, does atheling still beat cavaros for ws?
 Valefor.Corvin
Server: Valefor
user: wesman121
By Valefor.Corvin 2011-05-15 16:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

so what are the best pants to ws in right now for Ukko
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-05-15 16:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

With RCB and Stalwart's, Cavaros looks to come out ahead with berserk up, but still loses when it's down.

Bellicus are still the best by most accounts, hasn't changed since the augments were found.
 Valefor.Corvin
By Valefor.Corvin 2011-05-15 17:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

outside and inside abyssea?
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-05-15 17:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

With perfect augment, yes.
 Asura.Projekt
user: Projekt
By Asura.Projekt 2011-05-16 07:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't believe you can get both Weapon skill Damage+% and Crit Hit Rate+ on the same one. I've done atleast 690+ augments(I wait untill I have 30 trophies with each rank) on these legs and haven't seen both of those stats on the same piece.

Obviously I can't say for sure since it's random, but you'd think we would of atleast seen Weapon skill Damage+1% and Crit Hit Rate+1 on someone already. **Please correct me if I'm wrong and someone does indeed have this or better**

Best I've had, out of 232 today is:

Breath dmg. taken -1%
Weapon skill damage +2%
x2

and

Evasion +1
Crit.hit rate +3

AGI+1
Crit.hit rate +3

(Don't know if the number of tries is correct, but basically I've done it 3 times, with each rank having 30 trophies and converting all into rank 3, including the 30 already on rank 3)
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-05-16 15:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Projekt said:
Don't believe you can get both Weapon skill Damage+% and Crit Hit Rate+ on the same one. I've done atleast 690+ augments(I wait untill I have 30 trophies with each rank) on these legs and haven't seen both of those stats on the same piece.

Obviously I can't say for sure since it's random, but you'd think we would of atleast seen Weapon skill Damage+1% and Crit Hit Rate+1 on someone already. **Please correct me if I'm wrong and someone does indeed have this or better**

I know I've seen one with better before, but I don't really want to spend a lot of time digging for it.
 Valefor.Corvin
By Valefor.Corvin 2011-05-16 15:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

it just seems weird that 3 str 3 att ws dmg 2% crit rate 3
will beat out 15 dex and crit damage %3 or 16 Dex 22 att and
crit rate %3
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-16 15:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Corvin said:
it just seems weird that 3 str 3 att ws dmg 2% crit rate 3
will beat out 15 dex and crit damage %3 or 16 Dex 22 att and
crit rate %3

Dex does nothing for you inside of abyssea.
 Asura.Projekt
user: Projekt
By Asura.Projekt 2011-05-16 15:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand corrected lol, guess I'll keep trying.
 Valefor.Corvin
By Valefor.Corvin 2011-05-16 16:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

outside abyssea not inside
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-05-16 17:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Corvin said:
outside abyssea not inside

Outside it would depend if you were already capping dDex without the legs. If you are, then the dex on them does nothing, just like inside. To be honest, there's not enough non 75 era content outside of Abyssea for it to be a concern.
 Quetzalcoatl.Idkmybffjill
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: tooheyv
By Quetzalcoatl.Idkmybffjill 2011-05-16 17:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about tp sets, is there a reason you all aren't using sword strap?
25%gear
10% hasso
15%haste
28*~ +3 marches
=78
due to haste's increasing returns going from 78>80% delay is going to be much more of a return than 2% DA from E body+dmg from claymore I would think. Want to say its something like a 60% dmg increase with sword?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 90 91 92