God Is Responsible For Japan..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God is responsible for Japan..
God is responsible for Japan..
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-16 00:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I disagree. Also I was saying more of they belong in a mental ward, not saying they belong in prison (although some probably need maximum security ward)

I'm sorry if you can't follow my statements but I'm not going to sit here and put that much effort into it.

You're absolutely correct, I can't follow broken logic. Never was one of my strong points.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not broken.

as for Spicy, I was saying it as a general statement not really at you, just as an idea.

You can ban whatever you damn well please, but I'm not saying to ban any ideas.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-16 00:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
it's not broken.

as for Spicy, I was saying it as a general statement not really at you, just as an idea.

You still haven't provided fact. Merely opinion. And you can't make a logical conclusion based simply on opinion. If you do, then you're the one with the flawed logic. Not me.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You,

Can't,

Ban,

An,

Idea.

oh you can, otherwise you'll have to talk to the people who apparently couldn't pass these laws:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime

not saying I agree with them, just saying you can ban just about anything.

As for religion you can easily make it illegal to spread it to the youth, which isn't even attempting to "ban an idea" as you're trying to say it is.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
it's not broken.

You still haven't provided fact. Merely opinion. And you can't make a logical conclusion based simply on opinion. If you do, then you're the one with the flawed logic. Not me.

religious people are crazy, fact.

crazy people pose a threat to society when left to spread their insanity and practice in public, fact.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You,

Can't,

Ban,

An,

Idea.

oh you can, otherwise you'll have to talk to the people who apparently couldn't pass these laws:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime

not saying I agree with them, just saying you can ban just about anything.

Can, not, ban, an, *** yourself.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
As for religion you can easily make it illegal to spread it to the youth, which isn't even attempting to "ban an idea" as you're trying to say it is.

That is much better than locking away people! That I can get on board with slightly. It would never make it, and I have to do some thinking about if I support it or not, but that is a lot better than the stupid ***you were saying before.

they are the same ideas, if it's illegal to spread to the youth or practice their religion, when they do so they'll be locked up.

end result is the same.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry I'm not that great at expressing my entire ideas, but to be honest the idea I had didn't change, nor the end result. I just really suck at presenting it.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the idea didn't differ, I just said it a different way, the end result has to be the same as the idea is the same.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-16 00:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
it's not broken.

religious people are crazy, fact.

crazy people pose a threat to society when left to spread their insanity and practice in public, fact.

Your argument is valid, but it is not sound.

Jetackuu doesn't understand logic.
Those who don't understand logic are mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Jetackuu is mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

By your broken logic, this sure works for me.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-16 00:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
the idea didn't differ, I just said it a different way, the end result has to be the same as the idea is the same.
you are crazy.
so therefore you are religious and anti-religious all in one fell swoop.

AS AM I GOOD SIR AS AM I.
or am i?
i think there's a facet of my personality that would find merit in the comfort of a higher being.
but theres a facet in my personality that also discredits everything past it.

i, as well as many others use a blend of it and keep some concealed.
i believe you fit that category quite well.

as anyone would.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand logic full well, I'm just not going to sit here and go through every step I took to come to those conclusions, you aren't worth my time.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-16 00:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I understand logic full well, I'm just not going to sit here and go through every step I took to come to those conclusions, you aren't worth my time.

Yes, it's ludicrous for a philosopher to go through "every step" of logic to come up with proven conclusions. Much easier to just use falsified arguments in valid form to "prove an argument".

EDIT: At least it's smart of you to bail out of a losing conversation in order to save some face. Nice extra shot with the "not worth your time", helps to maintain your pride at least.
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-16 00:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized a Murphy's Law of the XIAH forums. Any thread, given enough time, will turn into an argument with either Jet or Spicy (or both).
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
you are crazy.
so therefore you are religious and anti-religious all in one fell swoop.

AS AM I GOOD SIR AS AM I.
or am i?
i think there's a facet of my personality that would find merit in the comfort of a higher being.
but theres a facet in my personality that also discredits everything past it.

i, as well as many others use a blend of it and keep some concealed.
i believe you fit that category quite well.

as anyone would.

I take no comfort in the idea of there being a "higher" being, especially if it has control in this world.

but as to the ideas I play around with or hold true I do keep to myself and if everyone else did too and didn't try to force them upon others and make legislation based upon them all would be fine. Religious belief has no place in government or being force fed to children.

As to whether or not I'm crazy, I wish I were sometimes.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Yes, it's ludicrous for a philosopher to go through "every step" of logic to come up with proven conclusions. Much easier to just use falsified arguments in valid form to "prove an argument".

EDIT: At least it's smart of you to bail out of a losing conversation in order to save some face. Nice extra shot with the "not worth your time", helps keep maintain your pride at least.

use them and explain them aren't the same thing.

You aren't worth my time. Nor is anyone else as I can't type fast enough to keep up with my thought process, I'd have to drug myself in order to slow it down to that speed.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

and I don't do drugs.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-03-16 02:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Leith said:
Bahamut.Milamber said:
from link:
An apatheist is also someone who is not interested in accepting or denying any claims that gods exist or do not exist. In other words, an apatheist is someone who considers the question of the existence of gods as neither meaningful nor relevant to his or her life.

Now, if you just think all religions don't actually exist, then you are living in some kind of alternate reality. Religions exist. It doesn't mean that you need to believe in them, or adhere to their principles, or anything in that nature. You can argue that the basis for their existence is flawed, but it doesn't change the fact that they exist.
Yes I read the wiki page, I don't really feel like going into full detail of what I mean not only because it would be taxing on me, but it would probably spark a tl;dr

I'm not saying that religions don't exist, its obvious they do, but rather that they aren't part of life as far as I'm concerned, that link is very close to describing me but its still off, I'm sure theres something somewhere thats supposed to be able to define it but even if there was, it still wouldn't define me, to some I may seem crazy from all this, but it's because each person is so unique that definitions for all of this are completely inaccurate.
Or that you don't understand them. Generally speaking, these kinds of definitions are pretty broad and/or have subsets, due to the fact that very few people can agree on exact details, much as you stated. But what we can do is from now on, create a subgroup of religious groups called "Undefinables", and define everyone that doesn't believe that they can be defined as an Undefinable.

Or we can call them Iamauniquebutterfly, if people like that better.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

EDIT: At least it's smart of you to bail out of a losing conversation in order to save some face. Nice extra shot with the "not worth your time", helps keep maintain your pride at least.

use them and explain them aren't the same thing.

You aren't worth my time. Nor is anyone else as I can't type fast enough to keep up with my thought process, I'd have to drug myself in order to slow it down to that speed.
Or you could:
1. Train yourself to type better/faster
2. Train yourself to organize/summarize your thoughts

Your argument is that if you could type faster or express yourself quicker, we'd all be worth your time. Somehow I doubt this is what you really feel.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 02:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

even if I could type that fast, a keyboard couldn't keep up.

As for the argument,

I could write a book on the process it took to come to said conclusions, and I'll guarantee that it would be sound, however.

I hate writing, and like I said it would require some good prescription drugs to slow my brain down enough to be able to write as fast as I think them.

As for a few of the people on here they are worth my time. There's some I just don't know and they may be, as for the rest I don't care if they all dropped dead.
 Lakshmi.Tokuzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bodille
By Lakshmi.Tokuzi 2011-03-16 02:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
even if I could type that fast, a keyboard couldn't keep up. As for the argument, I could write a book on the process it took to come to said conclusions, and I'll guarantee that it would be sound, however. I hate writing, and like I said it would require some good prescription drugs to slow my brain down enough to be able to write as fast as I think them. As for a few of the people on here they are worth my time. There's some I just don't know and they may be, as for the rest I don't care if they all dropped dead.

What?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 02:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tokuzi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
even if I could type that fast, a keyboard couldn't keep up. As for the argument, I could write a book on the process it took to come to said conclusions, and I'll guarantee that it would be sound, however. I hate writing, and like I said it would require some good prescription drugs to slow my brain down enough to be able to write as fast as I think them. As for a few of the people on here they are worth my time. There's some I just don't know and they may be, as for the rest I don't care if they all dropped dead.

What?

my attention span is almost nil, feed me drugs or don't complain that my postings are incoherent mindfucks that only somebody who can think in a similar manner can comprehend, or if they're used to it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-16 02:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Tokuzi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

What?

my attention span is almost nil, feed me drugs or don't complain that my postings are incoherent mindfucks that only somebody who can think in a similar manner can comprehend, or if they're used to it.

Yeah but all of us who can understand your posts think too fast to respond to them. We get distracted by other...

Man, I just bought a ton of chocolate. I'll be on a sugar high for weeks! I think I may have ADD or something, I dunno.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-03-16 02:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 02:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a big fan of chocolate although I did eat like half a package of Oreos yesterday. I've been trying to cut my junk food down otherwise though, and even cut back on the amount of pizza intake (not really the frequency, just the sheer amount).

Soon I may start eating fruit and take some sort of vitamins to make up for the fact that I pretty much don't touch vegetables.

Gogo better eating habits woot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-16 02:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I'm not a big fan of chocolate although I did eat like half a package of Oreos yesterday. I've been trying to cut my junk food down otherwise though, and even cut back on the amount of pizza intake (not really the frequency, just the sheer amount).

Soon I may start eating fruit and take some sort of vitamins to make up for the fact that I pretty much don't touch vegetables.

Gogo better eating habits woot.

I eat tons of junkfood and I never get fat. I once ate 4 slices of pizza, 2 giant soft pretzels, 3 pepsis, 2 sourdough roll pizzas, and 20 red vines for lunch in jr.high. I have always loved drinking milk though, so I'm oddly tall considering my diet and genes.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 02:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if I'm hungry I can just about scarf down 2 pizzas, a few drinks, and some snacks.

lately though I've been cutting it back to a few slices and I'm about to try to cut the soda back a bit, maybe then I'll start lifting the weights I bought (added to set) and turns some carbs into useful cells instead of fat.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17