God Is Responsible For Japan..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God is responsible for Japan..
God is responsible for Japan..
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2011-03-15 16:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I...

...love you.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-15 16:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sanity is defined by those who deem others insane and are dictated by the social norms of the said society.
Sanity and normalcy are made up averages that the man try to convince you to adhere to.
JK.
Sanity is a societal things, you can attribute some of what it is to the long arm behind the scenes, but much of it's propagated by either ignorance or what is currently being accepted as a whole.

Technically homosexuality is something that would have been deemed insane in yester-years.

Maybe in the upcoming future I can be a robo-sexual and be accepted for my non-standard sexual orientation.

also, for the dumb dumbs, italicized for a reason.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-15 16:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Like someone said here:
"Gods sent the tsunami
But humans freed the hundreads suns"
 Valefor.Leith
Server: Valefor
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-15 16:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Leith said:
I'm glad my parents gave me the freedom of choice @_@

and I chose to have no religion, not even atheist or agnostic

people always try to argue with me about it "You can't be nothing...you just can't...you must at least be agnostic..." mmmm nope, I'm nothing, why can I be nothing? Because I said so :D my life to live the way I want to, and I don't oppress others with my views, neither should others with different beliefs
By definition, atheism has 0 to do with pressing your views onto someone. It's simply a word used to describe someone who doesn't believe there are deities.

If you don't believe there are any gods, then you fall under this category. To me, that's not a religion, it's a simple definition, and you fit it.

If you don't believe in any gods, then simply saying "I'm not atheist" does as much for you as me saying "I can be anything I want, and I'm not black. Why? Because I said so"
Well I guess I meant I have no religious definition if you put it that way, but I'll tell you what I tell others, I don't fall under the category of atheist/agnostic. From my perspective, or, if you will, in my world, religion simply doesn't exist, there is no such thing to me, not the fact that I don't believe in any of it, but the fact that I don't recognize it as something tangible (for lack of a better word) in life. But again, thats just me

and I didn't mean to make it seem like I think atheists force their views on other, was just making a point that I don't force mine, and neither should anyone else

QQ and troll me all you want (talking to anyone not you specifically tiger :P) but this is how I live, nothings gonna stop it
Pragmatic Athiesm
still doesn't define me but good try
from link:
An apatheist is also someone who is not interested in accepting or denying any claims that gods exist or do not exist. In other words, an apatheist is someone who considers the question of the existence of gods as neither meaningful nor relevant to his or her life.

Now, if you just think all religions don't actually exist, then you are living in some kind of alternate reality. Religions exist. It doesn't mean that you need to believe in them, or adhere to their principles, or anything in that nature. You can argue that the basis for their existence is flawed, but it doesn't change the fact that they exist.
Yes I read the wiki page, I don't really feel like going into full detail of what I mean not only because it would be taxing on me, but it would probably spark a tl;dr

I'm not saying that religions don't exist, its obvious they do, but rather that they aren't part of life as far as I'm concerned, that link is very close to describing me but its still off, I'm sure theres something somewhere thats supposed to be able to define it but even if there was, it still wouldn't define me, to some I may seem crazy from all this, but it's because each person is so unique that definitions for all of this are completely inaccurate.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-15 16:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Sanity is defined by those who deem others insane and are dictated by the social norms of the said society. Sanity and normalcy are made up averages that the man try to convince you to adhere to. JK. Sanity is a societal things, you can attribute some of what it is to the long arm behind the scenes, but much of it's propagated by either ignorance or what is currently being accepted as a whole. Technically homosexuality is something that would have been deemed insane in yester-years. Maybe in the upcoming future I can be a robo-sexual and be accepted for my non-standard sexual orientation. also, for the dumb dumbs, italicized for a reason.
I know where you're going with this and it's a popular belief. However, as a history teacher and student of life, this is not the case. Society defines good and evil. Homosexuality was not only accepted in some of our anchient cultures, but practiced as a fundamental standard. Anchient Greece, where your "passage of manhood" depended upon your fonification with the same sex; where copulation with women was for breeding purposes only.
A mere 100 years ago, in this very country, if you were a 16 year old girl, and not married, something was wrong with you.
Society changes. It evolves.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-15 16:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Sanity is defined by those who deem others insane and are dictated by the social norms of the said society. Sanity and normalcy are made up averages that the man try to convince you to adhere to. JK. Sanity is a societal things, you can attribute some of what it is to the long arm behind the scenes, but much of it's propagated by either ignorance or what is currently being accepted as a whole. Technically homosexuality is something that would have been deemed insane in yester-years. Maybe in the upcoming future I can be a robo-sexual and be accepted for my non-standard sexual orientation. also, for the dumb dumbs, italicized for a reason.
I know where you're going with this and it's a popular belief. However, as a history teacher and student of life, this is not the case. Society defines good and evil. Homosexuality was not only accepted in some of our anchient cultures, but practiced as a fundamental standard. Anchient Greece, where your "passage of manhood" depended upon your fonification with the same sex; where copulation with women was for breeding purposes only.
A mere 100 years ago, in this very country, if you were a 16 year old girl, and not married, something was wrong with you.
Society changes. It evolves.
where am i going with this?

point out what specific part you disagree with, also if you removed that specific part would you disagree with what I had to say at that point?
If so(on what I bolded) I don't really think you know where I'm going with this.
So elaborate on what you think I am thinking and maybe we can come to a better understanding here.

if you are talking about this line:
Quote:
Technically homosexuality is something that would have been deemed insane in yester-years.

of course you can bring up ancient greece.
but my understanding of timelines does not attribute ancient greece equaling yester-year.

if you wanted you can attribute yesterday to be more like a century if you will...or even last year lol

i think you just jumped the gun and *** U MED too much.
 Ramuh.Kimber
By Ramuh.Kimber 2011-03-15 20:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I pose to you this thought.

Everyone needs something to believe in, have faith in, or life is pointless. You may not believe in god but the belief in nothing is still a form of faith. I would say those who live their lives the way they want to have a faith in living.

This is the life we were given to live and live it as you choose. Do not judge the way others live it for that is their choice. As the crazy *** said in another video "we were given free will".

As for her being sincere or not, I can't say for sure. In some of her videos she had mannerisms that would say she doesn't believe the things she is saying, but there are other times she completely believes every word. Either way, I think her video showed us a little bit of who each of us really is and what we really think, feel, and believe.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2011-03-15 20:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pokemon dude is ok.
I know it might have been mentioned before, but here's a link.
Sauce
 Fenrir.Horsebreath
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Horsebreath 2011-03-15 20:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 21:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Asura.Kield said:
I vote for the removal of religion!!!
I AGREE!

Meh, but that is just as bad as religious nuts forcing their ways on everyone,,

considering insanity shouldn't be allowed to practice, no.

Everyone has a right to believe any insanity they wish. They do not have a right to be respected or taken seriously though.

You can not ban an idea. No matter how idiotic.

the shouldn't have the right to practice it and spread it to others. It's called being a danger to the general public, they have places for those kind of crazy.

Only fundamentalists and fanatics are a danger to the general public. They are not only spawned in religion.

Once again, stupid or not you can not ban an idea.

then why do they lock the other crazy people up who are a danger to society?

religious people are no different.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-15 22:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Alryc said:
Titan.Calene said:

Trolled! ._.

"at this point i'm kinda tired of....pizza?" seriously what did she say? I didn't catch that part.

I think it's actually worse that she chose something like the deaths of thousands to be part of her troll videos.

At least if she was a delusional religious hack it's not really her fault.

As opposed to just being an insensitive ***.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo she closed her account! I wasn't able to seeeee ;-;

lol her parents prolly got pissed

also, I figured she was just trolling

The really really sad thing is that people still believe it's true. Or that she's saying this now in order to save face.. /facepalm

Quote:

Phase 1: Earthquake? In Japan? HALLELUJAH!

Phase 2: Let me praise the lord on webcam.

Phase 3: Post.

Phase 4: Check comments, find ***-storm.

Phase 5: Close account.

Phase 6: "Lulz, i was just trolling"

Phase 7: ???

Phase 8: AUTISM!

Anyway, here's a link to her best one.

Fenrir.Horsebreath
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Horsebreath 2011-03-15 23:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-15 23:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kimber said:
I pose to you this thought. Everyone needs something to believe in, have faith in, or life is pointless. You may not believe in god but the belief in nothing is still a form of faith. I would say those who live their lives the way they want to have a faith in living. This is the life we were given to live and live it as you choose. Do not judge the way others live it for that is their choice. As the crazy *** said in another video "we were given free will". As for her being sincere or not, I can't say for sure. In some of her videos she had mannerisms that would say she doesn't believe the things she is saying, but there are other times she completely believes every word. Either way, I think her video showed us a little bit of who each of us really is and what we really think, feel, and believe.

it's so awesome when stupid people try to wax philosophical and come across as wise

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 23:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

religious people are crazy.

crazy people are a danger to society.

religious people are a danger to society.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 23:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

your second premise is arguable therefore your conclusion is not absolute

I'm not saying ban the idea of religion, I'm saying ban people from spreading it to children (if adults want to be allowed to be delusional let them) and allowing them to practice it in public.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-15 23:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I'm not saying ban the idea of religion, I'm saying ban people from spreading it to children (if adults want to be allowed to be delusional let them) and allowing them to practice it in public.

Neither of your premises are factual, which means that you can't use that logic to prove your final statement.

1. Not all religious people are crazy.
2. Not all crazy people are a danger to society.

(It also comes down to the definition you use for crazy, which is widely varying in today's colloquial uses.)
 Asura.Ashleh
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 23:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Asura.Kield said:
I vote for the removal of religion!!!
I AGREE!

Meh, but that is just as bad as religious nuts forcing their ways on everyone,,

considering insanity shouldn't be allowed to practice, no.

Everyone has a right to believe any insanity they wish. They do not have a right to be respected or taken seriously though.

You can not ban an idea. No matter how idiotic.

the shouldn't have the right to practice it and spread it to others. It's called being a danger to the general public, they have places for those kind of crazy.

Only fundamentalists and fanatics are a danger to the general public. They are not only spawned in religion.

Once again, stupid or not you can not ban an idea.

then why do they lock the other crazy people up who are a danger to society?

religious people are no different.

Stop trying to brand religious people as that.

You know you can not ban an idea yet you won't *** admit it and dance around saying they are a danger to society.

How (now brown cow) are they a danger to society?

Depends on what you mean by "danger". I feel like they're mentally dangerous to the people around them or the ones that follow them, at least the fanatics. I'm talking Westboro and ***. Those are rare cases, I know, but they pop up and are good lulz for the first half of their bit and then just annoying for the last half. Picketing funerals is detrimental to everyone involved with the funeral, and also potential dangerous due to rage. How they loop-hole their way through the courts with that ***is beyond me, but it shouldn't be allowed. To use an old and tired example: CULTS. Charlie Manson. other such things. too tired to list them all right now. same ***. one idea spawns a group of people, one of them usually the insane one that eventually turns everybody else insane.

but, athiests have done some pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE group-think ***too, so *** IT.

WE'LL DO IT LIVE.

also
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
religious people are crazy.

crazy people are a danger to society.

religious people are a danger to society.

god is love.

love is blind.

god is blind.

also, Stevie Wonder is blind. Stevie Wonder is God.

I think this is what you want: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent

Not sure though. been a while since i've read about all those.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-15 23:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:

*** IT.

WE'LL DO IT LIVE.

Yesssssssss
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2011-03-15 23:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Please restart FFXI before one of these idiots runs for political office.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 23:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Neither of your premises are factual, which means that you can't use that logic to prove your final statement.

(It also comes down to the definition you use for crazy, which is widely varying in today's colloquial uses.)

all religious people are crazy, sometimes with multiple definitions

all crazy people pose an inherit danger to society even if not immanent.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 23:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

The biggest problem with religious people is them abusing children by brainwashing them with the crap.

Sadly, they still are entitled to their ideas (YET AGAIN) stupid or not.

I'm not saying we should go imprison them for having their ideas, I'm saying we should prosecute the crazy *** for brainwashing others into their delusions.

Also stop with the "you should respect them" garbage.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-16 00:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Still not true. By definition, crazy doesn't mean that you pose a threat or danger to society. Even a mentally deranged person doesn't inherently pose a threat to society. That's the difference between putting someone in jail vs. putting someone in a mental hospital. Non-crazy murderers go to jail/prison. Crazy murderers who will likely murder again go to jail/prison. Other crazy people will likely be put in a mental hospital.

Are all religious people crazy murderers who will likely murder again? Nope.

And if you say that, "Well, that's not imminent, but will still pose a 'threat' to society." You can say the same about technology. Technology has given us the means to completely destroy ourselves in hours time. It certainly is a threat to society, however, if asked what someone thinks about technology, that's not going to be the first thing on their mind.

Your logic is simply flawed. I'd be 100% on board with you if you had a well-formed logical statement, but you don't, so I can't possibly agree with you.

EDIT: Also, you haven't addressed the fact that not all religious people are crazy. Some may be following a path with clear logical purpose. "I want this hot Christian chick, so I'll be Christian." or "I want my kids to be raised with good morals, so I'll teach them Christianity in hopes of making them good people." Misguided maybe, but that's certainly not a 'crazy' thing for a sane person to think.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree. Also I was saying more of they belong in a mental ward, not saying they belong in prison (although some probably need maximum security ward)

I'm sorry if you can't follow my statements but I'm not going to sit here and put that much effort into it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-16 00:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

as for your edit, those aren't religious people. Saying you're something doesn't make you something. As for christian morals being "good" that's definitely not a logical or sane conclusion.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17