A plea to all players who level in Abyssea
First Page 2 3 4
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-03-14 00:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

While the servers are down, if you intend to continue to play any recently leveled jobs, go to a forum/wiki and do some research about the job itself. The player base will be forever grateful.

Thank you ^^
[+]
 Bismarck.Henihhi
Server: Bismarck
user: Henihhi
By Bismarck.Henihhi 2011-03-14 02:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont post in forums much, but amen to that!
[+]
By richwood 2011-03-14 02:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Schultz said:
While the servers are down, if you intend to continue to play any recently leveled jobs, go to a forum/wiki and do some research about the job itself. The player base will be forever grateful.

Thank you ^^

Please also take the time to lv all applicable job skills to above 270'ish which can be easily done in the tree.

Thank you and sincerely
Player base.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-14 02:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I refuse to level any job that I can't main. All of my jobs were capped pre Abbysea anyways. There's only 1-2 others that I'm considering. I'm not interested in having every job leveled because I wouldn't be able to main them all. The ones I do have though, are pro. Geared handsomely, merited, capped skillz
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-14 02:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Schultz said:

Thank you ^^
shoulda addressed this to 95% of the playerbase for all their jobs
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-03-14 02:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:
Lakshmi.Schultz said:

Thank you ^^

Please also take the time to lv all applicable job skills to above 270'ish which can be easily done in the tree.

Thank you and sincerely
Player base.

I actually like skilling up in Abyssea. Accuracy and refresh/regen atmas keep you going nonstop. Friend of mine took his club from 130 to at least 290 in Abyssea on his MNK. I also capped club and staff on my WHM in there and I was working on healing magic skill as well, from 315 to 344 so far.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-14 02:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And most important, read up on Emnity at Kanican's LJ (*'-')

[+]
By richwood 2011-03-14 02:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
richwood said:
Lakshmi.Schultz said:

Thank you ^^

Thank you and sincerely
Player base.

I actually like skilling up in Abyssea. Accuracy and refresh/regen atmas keep you going nonstop. Friend of mine took his club from 130 to at least 290 in Abyssea on his MNK. I also capped club and staff on my WHM in there and I was working on healing magic skill as well, from 315 to 344 so far.

I have every skill in game past 250, EXCEPT Great Sword, why? well because it has always failed. Never the less I geared my War/dnc and since it was martial master skill GS from skill lv 78=250 in about 3 hours, all while farming about 2 stack of Wisteria Lumber.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-03-14 02:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:

*** that :3 nuke harder.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-14 02:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
bish please, I'll drop a 10k nuke on your *** any day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-03-14 02:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
bish please, I'll drop a 10k nuke on your *** any day.
Q w Q
 Cerberus.Ethics
Server: Cerberus
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2011-03-14 02:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally know. Remember the good old days where people would grind jobs normally and just totally blow? I miss the days of knowing people actually spent 1-12 months getting to 75! At least then they know how to use JA > WS. Not like these *** morons now!

I think for the most part, we've all played this game long enough to know how to play jobs we don't even have leveled just by being around them. The finer points of the jobs are certainly not learned in exp parties. With the possible exception of a few, you basically have a TP set, and a WS set, and you *** TP > WS > Fake DC/AFK.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-14 02:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ethics said:
I totally know. Remember the good old days where people would grind jobs normally and just totally blow? I miss the days of knowing people actually spent 1-12 months getting to 75! At least then they know how to use JA > WS. Not like these *** morons now! I think for the most part, we've all played this game long enough to know how to play jobs we don't even have leveled just by being around them. The finer points of the jobs are certainly not learned in exp parties. With the possible exception of a few, you basically have a TP set, and a WS set, and you *** TP > WS > Fake DC/AFK.
***'s pathetic. Then these guys wanna show up to events outside of abby on their burned jobs and make waste everyone's time picking up their slack
[+]
 Cerberus.Ethics
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2011-03-14 02:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
***'s pathetic. Then these guys wanna show up to events outside of abby on their burned jobs and make waste everyone's time picking up their slack

Tell me about it, do these guys really expect to beat Behemoth without a proper grasp of how to weapon skill which can only be learned by grinding countless hours via zones such as Valkurm and/or Bibiki Bay? I think not.

Don't worry though, I have it on good authority ashittea is almost/close to being over.
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Server: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-14 02:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:

Thank you and sincerely
Player base.

erm level what in tree? thats a pretty old outdated way to level you skills.
There exit tons of better ways today, i hardly seen any reasong to go to tree for skillups

combat skills = eron-until around 80-100 skill then AFK on fortalices until lvl82cap and then crabs in vunkler past or abysses with all the TA and DA atma
Enfeebles = fortalices or dolphins in sea
enhancing/healing = empy paradox
evasion = chigoe in aby-attowha with a healer buddy and lots pdt gear

richwood said:

I have every skill in game past 250, EXCEPT Great Sword, why? well because it has always failed. Never the less I geared my War/dnc and since it was martial master skill GS from skill lv 78=250 in about 3 hours, all while farming about 2 stack of Wisteria Lumber.

Gimped war has not even his skill caped for what he can do afk?
and then tell people to go skillup ?
Are you also one of those people who do skillups in XP gear (most people who still use tree does that) ?

Talk about denial.
[+]
By richwood 2011-03-14 02:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
richwood said:

Thank you and sincerely
Player base.

erm level what in tree? thats a pretty old outdated way to level you skills.
There exit tons of better ways today, i hardly seen any reasong to go to tree for skillups

combat skills = eron-until around 80-100 skill then AFK on fortalices until lvl82cap and then crabs in vunkler past
Enfebles = fortalices or dolphins in sea
enhacing/healing = empy paradox
evasion = chigoe in aby-attowha with a healer buddy and lots pdt gear

Actually your info is outdated lol, Since the updates on mob lvs and skill up as well as having martial master, you can quickly and easily skill up 200 lvs of skill in about 3 hours with out gimping an abysses party I mean, at that stage you might as well be a leech.

And for Magic, Besieged, esp. when you get ones with 2 hours resets that last an hour. can easy dark ele or enfeeble magic in on hour about 100 skill ups worth.

I don't know, because I have most all my weapons skilled at 75 and pre abyssea.

Oh, I just realized I am a 7 year vet arguing with a noob in progress, my bad.
[+]
By Ashaaman 2011-03-14 02:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill ups in XP gear...? What exactly are you supposed to skill up in? Lol
[+]
By richwood 2011-03-14 02:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashaaman said:

haste double attack triple attack, evasion -damage to yourself and the mob, War is great because you can use retaliation as well as defender, you get skill up on counter attacks and defender lowers damage by a good amount.
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-14 02:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:

which is below what you can do afk and not waste game time. game time you can use to learn you job og skillup even more if you still need it

and yes war having skill that are lower than what you can do afk = gimped. I dont have one weapon that is as low as only level 75 cap.

lvl 82cap should be you lowest combat skills. you can get the free and afk with no effort and not waisting game time. but apparently still to hard for some people to get
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 02:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually lvl'd up 2 jobs in abyssea THF and PLD.But I had capped skill due to my other 8 jobs I had before abyssea.The only skill I had uncapped even pre abyssea was staff/club caus of lazyness and I personally just get an abyssea pt as whm and swing that club/staff in same time as healing the ally.Dont need exp or merit, I mainly just seek caus it's less boring then soloing in the older areas and also easier.I just stack VV/MM/Sea Daugter, use temps and misery + auspice, works well and I find out getting more staff skill ups out of ws then just melee.

EDIT: even tho, I had a pretty funny moment in one of those ally.A gimp thf that just got 75 out of chest opening decid to go pull 3 buffalos and died miles away from the camp.Went to raise him and he started bitching saying the fact he died its all because I melee as whm... When I'm standing there like the whole ally waithing for the mobs to get to camp.No1 died, beside that guy but yeah, All whm melee are incompetent nubs that cant cure caus a whm have to stand still and cure only ;p Good times xD
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-14 02:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For rdm back in the day when skill ups sucked. I just went to besieged (granted I was on pandy... and we didn't lose the *** candy Idk how the *** ASSura *** it up with more players. It's the best way to get ISP now with no one doing exp parties in old areas.) and chainspell spam dia over and over. Then pop revitalizer same for elemental. I never did it for Divine skill though. At the time it was like why? So I can cast banish on rdm/whm? I did it for dark skill as well.
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-14 02:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:
Ashaaman said:

haste double attack triple attack, evasion -damage to yourself and the mob, War is great because you can use retaliation as well as defender, you get skill up on counter attacks and defender lowers damage by a good amount.

*hugs* i forgive you ^.^

yes exactly this is what people don't get for combat skillups. it NOT about killing the mob. its about hitting it. and killing the mobs = wasting time pulling another.

i bit my lips when people ask me why i use some dmg 4 katana in a skillups pt and then see people spam 1 hit ws with str and atk gear >.<

[+]
By Ashaaman 2011-03-14 02:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
richwood said:

which is below what you can do afk and not waste game time. game time you can use to learn you job og skillup even more if you still need it

and yes war having skill that are lower than what you can do afk = gimped. I dont have one weapon that is as low as only level 75 cap.

lvl 82cap should be you lowest combat skills. you can get the free and afk with no effort and not waisting game time. but apparently still to hard for some people to get

You're talking about how amazing this afk place is... But it can take hours upon hours... I had a friend get maybe 150 skill ups in like, 8 hours. That sucks. I took dagger from 0 to the cap for 90 WAR(whatever it is) in 2 hours in Abyssea. Just pulling a bunch of weak mobs, defender -> retaliation -> have a friend spam cures on you, or a RDM friend cast phalanx II(or hell, /sch and aoe phalanx). Abyssea really is the place to skill up if we're being completely honest and efficient.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2011-03-14 02:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a fancy new way to skillup Parrying yet? Been stuck at about 190 for too long, and mandies in the tree will proc it, but don't seem to grant me skill at a reliable rate.

A single .1 or so after 30-40 minutes of 5-6 Mouri on me or even 2-3 Korrigans makes me think either the skillup system, or myself, is doing something wrong there.
By richwood 2011-03-14 02:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
richwood said:

What exactly is wasting game time, Old school players come from the day and age when you have to get 6 people within 2 lv ranges of one another, whihc could take about 1-2 hours even during prime time.

We enjoyed the comradeship and game dynamics: Accomplishments that had meaning and took true balance/skill and effort to obtain. There is no waste in hanging with friends finishing off our 70 NPC's(yes mine is 70), farming lumber and chatting about the good ol days.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-14 02:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

to many people leveld in campaign and are now gimp as ***... even with abyssea being out for a while... good thread op.. hopefully people will actually read up on what they need to do, and apply that to game when we all are able to sign in again
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-14 02:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I actually lvl'd up 2 jobs in abyssea THF and PLD.But I had capped skill due to my other 8 jobs I had before abyssea.The only skill I had uncapped even pre abyssea was staff.
You're not gonna have capped eva on thf from your other 8 jobs... Or dagger, for that matter o.O
By Ashaaman 2011-03-14 02:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I actually lvl'd up 2 jobs in abyssea THF and PLD.But I had capped skill due to my other 8 jobs I had before abyssea.The only skill I had uncapped even pre abyssea was staff.
You're not gonna have capped eva on thf from your other 8 jobs... Or dagger, for that matter o.O

She has DNC... Try again.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 02:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I had capped evasion as dnc with full evasion merit.I needed like what 10 skill ups? I got that in like 5 min.Also dagger capped with full merit ;p the difference between thf and dnc is very small.
By richwood 2011-03-14 02:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said:
Is there a fancy new way to skillup Parrying yet? Been stuck at about 190 for too long, and mandies in the tree will proc it, but don't seem to grant me skill at a reliable rate.

A single .1 or so after 30-40 minutes of 5-6 Mouri on me or even 2-3 Korrigans makes me think either the skillup system, or myself, is doing something wrong there.

I have a 356 parry skill, mandies in the tree are great till about 300, after that go to A=altepa with parry daggers and use those madies with all def Regen atmas, as well as main cor if you have it.

Skill ups past 350 seem to be hella slow even on madies in altepa, but that has always been hard skill to cap. but the hardest ever is guard.

You can also go as Sam/dnc using parry knifes, sam gets skill up fast and can maintain healing very well. Sam also has higher eva then cor if you dont have a pocket healer on mule account.
First Page 2 3 4