user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2011-03-14 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
richwood said:
Ashaaman said:
Skill ups in XP gear...? What exactly are you supposed to skill up in? Lol

haste double attack triple attack, evasion -damage to yourself and the mob, War is great because you can use retaliation as well as defender, you get skill up on counter attacks and defender lowers damage by a good amount.

*hugs* i forgive you ^.^

yes exactly this is what people don't get for combat skillups. it NOT about killing the mob. its about hitting it. and killing the mobs = wasting time pulling another.

i bit my lips when people ask me why i use some dmg 4 katana in a skillups pt and then see people spam 1 hit ws with str and atk gear >.<

hey look i don't know if anyone told you but mobs respawn

this means that after you kill one, you are actually able to grab another one, and get some token xp in the process

if you use linky mobs, it's not real hard to line em up for insta autotarget when one dies

of course, judging from your history here, you probably think skilling up on one mob at a time actually qualifies as a good idea, and just get confused at skillup sessions that look like this:

That sounds great, but what if you only have your main character and no cure bots? I have a hard time believing that the scenerio you have in the screen shot would work while solo. And the mob repops depend on where you happen to be skilling up. If you choose to fight mobs in a dungeon, killing fast is not the way to go.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-14 15:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with just 2x regen atmas and some PDT gear you'd be fine with ~2-5 mobs depending on gear quality and the job in question.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-03-14 15:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Schultz said:
While the servers are down, if you intend to continue to play any recently leveled jobs, go to a forum/wiki and do some research about the job itself. The player base will be forever grateful. Thank you ^^
YES +1!!!!!
Also, skill up as soon as you get back so you can sleep something ffs, or hit!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ooolala
By Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious 2011-03-14 16:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a second..... I thought this was a video game....Abyssea is a great opportunity to *** around and just have FUN, the actual original point of playing games if I remember correctly.

To everyone who thinks that every job has to be played a specific way, welcome to the machine, because now your a tool.

As long as your not *** other people, I vote do whatever makes you happy.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-14 16:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious said:
Wait a second..... I thought this was a video game....Abyssea is a great opportunity to *** around and just have FUN, the actual original point of playing games if I remember correctly.

To everyone who thinks that every job has to be played a specific way, welcome to the machine, because now your a tool.

I don't think the "It's just a game" card works here brah~
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious
By Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious 2011-03-14 16:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Whoa....did people start getting paid to play it and no one told me? Pretty sure I bought it in the VIDEO GAME section.
By richwood 2011-03-14 16:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Whoa....did people start getting paid to play it and no one told me? Pretty sure I bought it in the VIDEO GAME section.

RMT's markets bud, just type in Real money trade MMO in youtube. They have whole offices just buying/selling account and gil. Most make in a day what and average American pays going out for lunch on our work breaks.
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Server: Lakshmi
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-03-14 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A well oiled machine performs best. Parts that are faulty get removed.

How many Abyssea parties have you been in where the DD miss 60% of the time, WS for just over 800 and complain when there's no sleeps or cures?

My DRG busts out 2-3k damage on DomOp's mobs without anything special (nothing to brag about I know), I can usually solo a mob faster than the DomOps alliance next to me. And at the end, I generally haven't taken that much damage.

You have to understand that, you might be having the time of your life, but your inadequacies are actually causing grief to other players that are trying to have fun.

Think of it this way, goto a pet store. Look in the window at the dogs. There's always one or two having the time of their life bouncing around doing all sorts of stupid and fun things. But there's always a group of dogs sitting there getting occasionally trampled on because the dogs having fun don't know where the hell their feet are going half the time.

*ninja edit*: spelling... it's 7:34am ok :D
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious
By Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious 2011-03-14 16:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how shitty an aby party is, its 10x faster then pre-abyssea.

And if the puppy doesn't want to get trampled, he gets up.

Greatest thing about this game, you get to select who you play with. You don't like the way people do ***, pick your ***up and leave. Freedom is great! isn't it!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious
By Quetzalcoatl.Kidvicious 2011-03-14 16:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was being facetious....

richwood said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

RMT's markets bud, just type in Real money trade MMO in youtube. They have whole offices just buying/selling account and gil. Most make in a day what and average American pays going out for lunch on our work breaks.
By richwood 2011-03-14 16:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how shitty an aby party is, its 10x faster then pre-abyssea.

And if the puppy doesn't want to get trampled, he gets up.

Greatest thing about this game, you get to select who you play with. You don't like the way people do ***, pick your ***up and leave. Freedom is great! isn't it!

"I am sorry, but I feel your performance is hindering the play, enjoyability of fellow alliance members. I wish you luck in the future. Take care and good luck."

/party, remove member...
/blist member...
But only temporally

Hell yes I have done it!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-14 16:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:

/party, remove member...
/blist member...
But only temporally

Hell yes I have done it!

so which dimension are you going to remove and blacklist them in
 Lakshmi.Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-03-14 18:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
EDIT: even tho, I had a pretty funny moment in one of those ally.A gimp thf that just got 75 out of chest opening decid to go pull 3 buffalos and died miles away from the camp.Went to raise him and he started bitching saying the fact he died its all because I melee as whm... When I'm standing there like the whole ally waithing for the mobs to get to camp.No1 died, beside that guy but yeah, All whm melee are incompetent nubs that cant cure caus a whm have to stand still and cure only ;p Good times xD
Had an amusing response to a tell I sent someone about an Abyssea party. My THF was 65 I think at the time. He was like 75 only. Since when did a puller need to be a certain level. If you can pull and live to the alliance, and you have people that can sleep, you could be any level. That guy blaming you on being a Melee WHM, while he died miles from party, that's just sad. It's like someone screaming for Erase and blaming you for not erasing them, while they are in the other party. Srsly...
[+]
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
Server: Cerberus
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2011-03-14 18:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading this makes my addiction worse then I look at my tv and enjoy some ffix =). Forget 11 we probably won't be able to play it for months anyways. Relive the awesome ps1 games =)
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-03-14 18:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It is "just a game" heehee but still, sometimes other people's failures bog down our gaming experience, and therefore make it *less fun*.

Pewp.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-03-14 18:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Woo, another FFIX person. So many people hate that game, I honestly think it's one of the better ones.
 Alexander.Joeyyy
Server: Alexander
user: joeyyy
By Alexander.Joeyyy 2011-03-14 19:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Schultz said:
While the servers are down, if you intend to continue to play any recently leveled jobs, go to a forum/wiki and do some research about the job itself. The player base will be forever grateful.

Thank you ^^

i soo agree with this.. too many gimpy ppl out there that dont know their jobs! a stupid manthra i know leeched alllll his jobs to 90, decided to skill up his blm by bioing the slept mobs in abyssea..>.> <cough lol.katala> any idiot knows u dont do that! if you are going to suck through gimpyness/ignorance about a job, dont go to abyssea..
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-03-14 19:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I admit I leeched a portion of my RDM in Abyssea, but I would chainspell (over and over thanks to ISL pyxides) bio / stone mobs to skillup my Dark/Elemental magic, from the very point I even started leeching. It flew up rather quickly. My Enfeebling/Healing/Divine/Enhancing mere pretty much already capped from White Mage.

I soloed on my RDM for countless weeks learning the job well and perfecting my technique. Surprisingly, solo technique with RDM paired with my endgame experience as WHM combine to make me a good addition to any team.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-03-14 19:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Thongypoo said:
Reading this makes my addiction worse then I look at my tv and enjoy some ffix =). Forget 11 we probably won't be able to play it for months anyways. Relive the awesome ps1 games =)

If my *** brothers (one of them at least) had not stolen my PS2 and my FF games, I would gladly be playing those while waiting on XI to come back up.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2011-03-14 19:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
richwood said:
Ashaaman said:
Skill ups in XP gear...? What exactly are you supposed to skill up in? Lol

haste double attack triple attack, evasion -damage to yourself and the mob, War is great because you can use retaliation as well as defender, you get skill up on counter attacks and defender lowers damage by a good amount.

*hugs* i forgive you ^.^

yes exactly this is what people don't get for combat skillups. it NOT about killing the mob. its about hitting it. and killing the mobs = wasting time pulling another.

i bit my lips when people ask me why i use some dmg 4 katana in a skillups pt and then see people spam 1 hit ws with str and atk gear >.<

hey look i don't know if anyone told you but mobs respawn

this means that after you kill one, you are actually able to grab another one, and get some token xp in the process

if you use linky mobs, it's not real hard to line em up for insta autotarget when one dies

of course, judging from your history here, you probably think skilling up on one mob at a time actually qualifies as a good idea, and just get confused at skillup sessions that look like this:

That sounds great, but what if you only have your main character and no cure bots? I have a hard time believing that the scenerio you have in the screen shot would work while solo. And the mob repops depend on where you happen to be skilling up. If you choose to fight mobs in a dungeon, killing fast is not the way to go.

you can just about cap PDT as BLM so go BLM/RDM so that you have phalanx and a natural staff skill, put on Atma of the Gnarled Horn so that you can counter, then 2 regen atmas or something and round them up and if you suck at putting phalanx back on, mana wall
WHM/RDM or PLD/anything would also work
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2011-03-14 21:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ethics said:
I totally know. Remember the good old days where people would grind jobs normally and just totally blow? I miss the days of knowing people actually spent 1-12 months getting to 75! At least then they know how to use JA > WS. Not like these *** morons now!

I think for the most part, we've all played this game long enough to know how to play jobs we don't even have leveled just by being around them. The finer points of the jobs are certainly not learned in exp parties. With the possible exception of a few, you basically have a TP set, and a WS set, and you *** TP > WS > Fake DC/AFK.

when i had alot of free time i didn't mind things taking a long time , it took me a while to lvl up jobs and i was okay with that. but , with less free time i'm more happy that they've changed things up. . sometimes people take this game wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to seriously though. so unless you want the game to /shutdown for lack of players , you might as well learn to live with it or at least try to help those players out.