Support For Japan
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Dierdren
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2011-03-13 04:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With the light of all the Disaster around, I wanted to start a petition and see if there is the support from the community.

As you know the servers will be shut down for at least a week and SE has already informed us that they won't be billing us for the April billing cycle.

So this is what I'm trying to propose:

They bill us for that time and use those funds that they would be bringing in to try to rebuild themselves.

I know that most have the 12-20 dollars and it's not that much to support them especially in their time of need.

So who's in?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-13 04:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play XI anymore, but I've donated £10 to the red cross if that counts.

I'd give more but I have no more.

I was thinking of doing a sponsored JRPG marathon on livestream too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chintasu
Server: Leviathan
user: moonbeam
By Leviathan.Chintasu 2011-03-13 04:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i,m in too many ppl value money over life
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-13 04:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I was thinking of doing a sponsored JRPG marathon on livestream too.

I could get in on this.

Edit: I've given to the Red Cross already also... What I could spare, atleast.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 04:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dierdren said:
With the light of all the Disaster around, I wanted to start a petition and see if there is the support from the community.

As you know the servers will be shut down for at least a week and SE has already informed us that they won't be billing us for the April billing cycle.

They bill us for that time and use those funds that they would be bringing in to try to rebuild themselves.

I know that most have the 12-20 dollars and it's not that much to support them especially in their time of need.

So who's in?

Why make it overally complicated, just make normal donations to the relief effort and not go through the whole "bill us for april but use the funds for other means"
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-13 04:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I do agree with you, it's in proper business etiquette for them to not bill us. SE is probably just fine as far as money goes, and giving them our money for another month won't help those in need.

What you should do is take that 12-20 dollars and donate it to some organization that is assisting those who were harmed by the disaster.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 04:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Although I do agree with you, it's in proper business etiquette for them to not bill us. SE is probably just fine as far as money goes, and giving them our money for another month won't help those in need.

What you should do is take that 12-20 dollars and donate it to some organization that is assisting those who were harmed by the disaster.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 04:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

This ^, I will prolly donate soon myself.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-03-13 04:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on board with this, they should setup a playonline fuction to donate our April bill towards a disaster fund.

Imagine all that revenue going towards something good, from the players to them directly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kluaf
user: Kluaf
By Phoenix.Kluaf 2011-03-13 04:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

id do it ... yea you can donate to a mass fund just like everyone else but i think it says alot when a group of "gamers" could get together to donate several hundred thousand dollars !!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 04:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well assuming 200k players atm, maybe bit less. They would make 2~3m in monthly payment.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2011-03-13 04:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kluaf said:
id do it ... yea you can donate to a mass fund just like everyone else but i think it says alot when a group of "gamers" could get together to donate several hundred thousand dollars !!!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 04:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

lol did you just post this on bg
 Cerberus.Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2011-03-13 04:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I did indeed, tried to get this on as many avenues as I could.

I apologise for being repetitive.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 04:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kluaf said:

Why does it matter if we are gamers or anything specific, If you wanna help people in need, just do it. It seems like people wanna stand out for helping "oh I play games and I used my monthly fee to help people in need"
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-13 04:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda reminds me of Child's play the gamer charity. I try to donate £20 a year to that for my own self gratification.
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-13 04:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Im in... and i think the comment about the gamers doing it would be a nice point, considering most MMO gamers get a bad rap... though its not about us but it would shine a better light on us for the future in the media
 Phoenix.Kluaf
By Phoenix.Kluaf 2011-03-13 05:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

Why does it matter if we are gamers or anything specific

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Kinda reminds me of Child's play the gamer charity. I try to donate £20 a year to that for my own self gratification.

People do this all the time when donating to different funds or charities. It has nothing to do with "self gratification". It just a way of saying we as a community of gamers did this to help is all, nothing more.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 05:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Im in... and i think the comment about the gamers doing it would be a nice point, considering most MMO gamers get a bad rap... though its not about us but it would shine a better light on us for the future in the media

If thats true, than this would be a horrible idea (in the sense, doing it off the MMO we play).

because all and all down the line, Anything that would attempt to make people stand out while doing an noble act would seem partly or fully selfserving.

(Example. President Obama says he will help, it stands out that the US President is caring to other nations in need, and so on)
 Phoenix.Kluaf
By Phoenix.Kluaf 2011-03-13 05:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:

Thank You.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Veruna
Server: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2011-03-13 05:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd do it as well. I'd rather be billed and know it's going to something good than play free.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 05:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Cerberus.Dierdren said:

So who's in?

Weren't you that *** from that drama thread with the person and that LS bank and things?

It is in the player warning list somewhere.

Quote:
Weren't you that *** from that drama thread with the person and that LS bank and things?

It is in the player warning list somewhere.

Clearly there is no good news here.
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2011-03-13 05:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt mind being billed, hell i would luv to help out as much as i can.
 Cerberus.Sblonde
user: Sblonde
By Cerberus.Sblonde 2011-03-13 05:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Count me in!, i too had this idea as soon as i heard the news.
 Bahamut.Branwen
Server: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2011-03-13 05:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather be billed and them donate the gil... oh wait money. Might be a better idea to sign up to an online petition site and get a proper petition going, rather than a thread.
 Cerberus.Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2011-03-13 05:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Branwen said:
I'd rather be billed and them donate the gil... oh wait money. Might be a better idea to sign up to an online petition site and get a proper petition going, rather than a thread.

How would I go about doing this?

Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 05:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Branwen said:

I stand by what I said.

A) Allow SE to not bill us for April as they decided on

B) Use money saved from not being billed to donate to a official Relief effort donation site.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2