Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-03-13 05:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be best to post this thread on SE's forums, would have a better chance of "getting out there" but yea, i'd like to pay aprils sub fee regardless if i can play or not. have them just donate that money.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 05:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

cuz people are dumb?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 05:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
cuz people are dumb?

People are dumb, making things so overcomplicated.

The end result of what people want is to "Donate to the Relief Effort"

So why make this whole complicated thing, having a business company transfer funds from "x" income t "y" source.

Just take the money you do not get charged by SE and give it to the Red Cross or something similar to help Japan.

And SE hasn't been doing so well with their income (since FFXIV bombed) so I have doubt they gonna drop any of their possible income into this.

And even if you say it's to the help the country, SE going bankrupt would hurt the country because any international income would be lose from a major Business going out of business to support the country directly, when they can focus on their business and bring large revune which gets taxed (which they wanna do a tax hike in Japan now, btw) Which can be used to help fix the country.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-03-13 05:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

people wish to do good, people want to pray for Japan, when praying won't do anything. paying SE for FFXI ain't gunna do anything, it's clear the servers and such are fine. so SE doesn't need the extra money to fix servers. take your monthly fee and send it to a service helping japan
 Asura.Kiyoshii
By Asura.Kiyoshii 2011-03-13 13:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just donated my sub fee to the Red Cross, i hope more people jump in on this because every little bit counts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-13 13:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Although I do agree with you, it's in proper business etiquette for them to not bill us. SE is probably just fine as far as money goes, and giving them our money for another month won't help those in need.

What you should do is take that 12-20 dollars and donate it to some organization that is assisting those who were harmed by the disaster.

I feel like the thread was over after this. Any other way is just increasingly complicated.
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2011-03-13 13:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Might be best to post this thread on SE's forums, would have a better chance of "getting out there" but yea, i'd like to pay aprils sub fee regardless if i can play or not. have them just donate that money.

The stupidity, it hurts my brain,,

I think your the one who's stupid for not seeing how this could work...

If everyone who wanted to pay Aprils fee did, then SE could just take that large sum of money lets call it $1,000,000 for arguments sake, and donate it in one chunk to an organisation or 2 in Japan. They would know who could use it more for example the power companies or whatever.

It's all well and good saying donate it to Red Cross etc, which you can do so it helps the Japanese people, but that would be split up. SE can just take a large sum and it would probably do more good that way.
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2011-03-13 13:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people wont want to do it this way, may others will have donated already. If there were to be some sort of online petition for them to do it.. It'd have to be an opt in, rather than an opt out as I'm sure many people have already donated the monthly bill and some.. Just wont want to.

As for people who'd rather there be 1 lump sum from the MMORPG/FFXI community.. I'm sure there is an easier way for it to be done. Setting up a "Just giving" donation page.. I don't know how to go about it but I'm reminded of the "RATM for christmas number 1" group on Facebook.. they did this, set up and posted a link for donations to SHELTER via Just Giving.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-13 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is going to sound douche, after all of this is over. When there is some sense of normality going on. Will there still be JP Only?

I support Japan, I signed up to volunteer for red cross and even donated.

Edit: Make half of the monthly fee go toward charity.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-03-13 13:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just donated roughly $25 to Doctors without Borders. Every little bit helps, if I could afford it I would have given more. I actually prefer to make a donation straight to an established organization, rather than having it go through some "middleman" as SE would be in this case as proposed by the op.
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-03-13 13:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Elmodfz said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:

If everyone who wanted to pay Aprils fee did, then SE could just take that large sum of money lets call it $1,000,000 for arguments sake, and donate it in one chunk to an organisation or 2 in Japan. They would know who could use it more for example the power companies or whatever.

It's all well and good saying donate it to Red Cross etc, which you can do so it helps the Japanese people, but that would be split up. SE can just take a large sum and it would probably do more good that way.

And you can guarantee that SE would even donate the money at all? Are you going to physically invade their offices to make sure all money goes to the "right" places? Most of the people working at SE are good people I'm sure but SE itself is a souless corp just like all other corp are.

Dont ever underestimate greed and corruption.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-13 13:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Although I do agree with you, it's in proper business etiquette for them to not bill us. SE is probably just fine as far as money goes, and giving them our money for another month won't help those in need. What you should do is take that 12-20 dollars and donate it to some organization that is assisting those who were harmed by the disaster.
I feel like the thread was over after this. Any other way is just increasingly complicated.
 Leviathan.Gendo
Server: Leviathan
user: gendo
By Leviathan.Gendo 2011-03-13 13:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

A donation in your name has been made to the Human Fund. Money for People. really though, yeah donate to red cross or something directly if youre so bent on helping. dont make it se's responsibility to do it for you.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-03-13 14:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said:
Ifrit.Elmodfz said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:

And you can guarantee that SE would even donate the money at all? Are you going to physically invade their offices to make sure all money goes to the "right" places? Most of the people working at SE are good people I'm sure but SE itself is a souless corp just like all other corp are.

Dont ever underestimate greed and corruption.

If they were really without a soul then they wouldn't have shutdown the servers would they.

"SE" Yea we'll turn our servers off and hinder our own income to help our own country cos we're greedy like that."
 Valefor.Leith
Server: Valefor
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-13 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be in for this if it actually happens
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-03-13 14:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Incase you want to donate a little something to help them...
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-03-13 14:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

help when you can afford it.
http://blog.signalnoise.com/2011/03/11/help-japan/

Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2011-03-13 17:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came over here to the forums to suggest something similar. I'm totally on board for everyone donating their monthly fee.
By Hexie 2011-03-13 17:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

my april fee is going to the red cross too the best i can do i wish i could do more thanks to FFXI i found friend in japan
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-03-13 17:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care to pay for this month, even if April is off.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-13 18:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

why doesnt the US just print a bunch more worthless money for them!