First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-11 15:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

@BBCBreaking via Twitter said:
2140 GMT: Meanwhile, officials in Washington have said the US military did not provide any coolant to a nuclear plant in Japan. Earlier, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said US Air Force "assets" had been used to do so.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-11 15:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So how sad is this...
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-11 15:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
So how sad is this...
lolCelebrities

Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-11 15:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
So how sad is this...

.. Bloody Twilight fans, caring more about 1 person than the hundreds, maybe even thousands killed and injured.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-11 15:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

At least its not Godzilla.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-03-11 15:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

About as sad as *** Bieber getting a haircut. Pop culture news is ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-11 15:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
At least its not Godzilla.
Figured someone would post a Godzilla comment =P
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-11 15:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Has it been proven that this "Earthquake" occurred naturally yet?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-11 15:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
Opposed to what? I seriously doubt even a huge nuclear warhead would be able to cause this much..
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-11 15:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
Are you blaming Korea? (aka Kim Jong Il)
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-11 15:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:

Yes it has, one plate shifted under another, like most Earthquakes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-03-11 15:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It was one of those vehicles from command and conquer that was able to cause earthquakes! IT HAS TO BE TRUE!!!

[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-11 15:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

2149 GMT: The Kyodo news agency is now citing a safety panel as saying that the radiation level inside one of the reactors at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant is 1,000 times higher than normal.
 Caitsith.Taazy
Server: Caitsith
user: taaz
By Caitsith.Taazy 2011-03-11 15:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Have been watching this since last night when it was first reported. OMFG what devastation....I couldn't believe it when I saw the tsunami sweep thru a village and wash it away.

I am watching the bbc link atm and they are concerned that there may be a radioactive leak that has already occurred.

I will keep the JP in my thoughts and prayers.....

BTW there were some fools out here in SoCal.....Seal Beach that tried to go surfing.......IDIOTS
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-11 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Titan.Lillica said:
Are you blaming Korea? (aka Kim Jong Il)

Was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about it honestly.
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-03-11 15:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Home now and have the BBC link up. I don't know if any of our stateside news agencies have a good feed like this. I don't tend to pay attention to CNN or Fox too much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-03-11 15:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
2139 GMT: Radiation levels at the damaged Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant are continuing to rise. The Jiji Press news agency says the levels are eight times above normal. Its report also cites a ministry official as saying there is a "possibility of a radioactive leak".
2149 GMT: The Kyodo news agency is now citing a safety panel as saying that the radiation level inside one of the reactors at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant is 1,000 times higher than normal.

She's gonna blow!!!

For the sake of everyone living anywhere near that power station, I really hope they can get this situation under control.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-11 15:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Liandaru said:
Home now and have the BBC link up. I don't know if any of our stateside news agencies have a good feed like this. I don't tend to pay attention to CNN or Fox too much.
same
i don't trust any American TV stations

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
2139 GMT: Radiation levels at the damaged Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant are continuing to rise. The Jiji Press news agency says the levels are eight times above normal. Its report also cites a ministry official as saying there is a "possibility of a radioactive leak".

She's gonna blow!!!

For the sake of everyone living anywhere near that power station, I really hope they can get this situation under control.
I have a feeling it's going to...

I also have a feeling this is the beginning of the end.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-11 16:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I'm going to stop posting updates now, watching the same horrid images over and over has made me feel rather sad, understandably so. If you want to keep on top of what it is going on, even though I've said it three or four times, you can find it all happening, and the feed I've been posting from here.

I'd like to thank the majority of you for being mature about this, and giving both me and Kanjirou the time to post up the latest going on for those unable to get on the feed, for what ever reason.

Even though this isn't my thread, I'm sure Shadowsonic won't mind me asking if when this thread is said and done, it is cleaned up (removing some of the more stupid comments) and locked by a mod or Admin, so we can keep this as a record/memorial of the horrible events that have unfolded today, and we can look back at this in a year, two years, three years, and remember the terrible loss of human life that was experienced.

Thank you all, I'm going to eat some chocolate and watch funny cat videos.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-11 16:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Taazy said:
Have been watching this since last night when it was first reported. OMFG what devastation....I couldn't believe it when I saw the tsunami sweep thru a village and wash it away.

I am watching the bbc link atm and they are concerned that there may be a radioactive leak that has already occurred.

I will keep the JP in my thoughts and prayers.....

BTW there were some fools out here in SoCal.....Seal Beach that tried to go surfing.......IDIOTS
I'd imagine you'd be getting some pretty killer waves there with all this, I bet a ton of pros are trying to find a good sweet spot too.
It's a bit dark thinking it that way, but I know a few fellas that def. keep track of this stuff.
My heart goes out to those who are going through this tragedy right now, though.
Must add that on.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-11 16:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Okay, I'm going to stop posting updates now, watching the same horrid images over and over has made me feel rather sad, understandably so. If you want to keep on top of what it is going on, even though I've said it three or four times, you can find it all happening, and the feed I've been posting from here.

I'd like to thank the majority of you for being mature about this, and giving both me and Kanjirou the time to post up the latest going on for those unable to get on the feed, for what ever reason.

Even though this isn't my thread, I'm sure Shadowsonic won't mind me asking if when this thread is said and done, it is cleaned up (removing some of the more stupid comments) and locked by a mod or Admin, so we can keep this as a record/memorial of the horrible events that have unfolded today, and we can look back at this in a year, two years, three years, and remember the terrible loss of human life that was experienced.

Thank you all, I'm going to eat some chocolate and watch funny cat videos.
Thanks for posting, and chit chatting with me today Dale.. and I 100% agree, The mods should clean up some of the crap from immature trolling, and make this a memorial into the future...

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-03-11 16:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the updates and the link, Dale. I plan to watch as this unfolds further. My heart goes out to anyone affected by this tragedy.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-11 16:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

#
2153: The pressure inside one of the six Boiling Water Reactors (BWRs) at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant has built up because the cooling system was damaged by the earthquake. The heat produced by the nuclear reaction inside the core still needs to be dissipated even after a shutdown. If the outage in the cooling system persists, eventually radiation could leak out into the environment, and, in the worst case, could cause a reactor meltdown, experts say.

D=
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-11 16:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2204: Matt, from Tokyo, writes: "I don't think these aftershocks have been reported enough. Each of these aftershocks have a bigger magnitude than the main quake felt in Tokyo."
WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Quote:
#
2209: As dawn breaks across Japan, the scale of the disaster is becoming clearer. Fires are raging across Kesennuma in the north-east, according to the Jiji Press news agency, and one-third of the city has been submerged by the tsunami. The city of Sendai and the surrounding farmland were devastated by the tsunami. The Japanese government is deploying hundreds of planes and ships in a relief operation. It has also requested some foreign search and rescue teams to help.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-11 16:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Minus the circumstances to how it came about, what's going on in the reactor is exactly what happened in the Ukraine with Chernobyl, while Japan is undoubtedly better prepared to deal with such a worst-case scenario, land isn't exactly in abundance on the islands, so a disaster like radioactive contamination could really hit them hard, especially if unfavorable winds carried radiation towards dense population centers.
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-03-11 16:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for keeping this thread going today. I have LS mates in Cali, Hawaii and in Japan. One girl from Japan we haven't heard from yet. She was online, and then she just disappeared. My hearts go out to everyone who is experiencing this.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-11 16:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow wtf is this?!

I just woke up like 45min ago and saw all this on the news. Crazy ***.

There's also talk of a Volcano going off in Indonesia too.

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Minus the circumstances to how it came about, what's going on in the reactor is exactly what happened in the Ukraine with Chernobyl, while Japan is undoubtedly better prepared to deal with such a worst-case scenario, land isn't exactly in abundance on the islands, so a disaster like radioactive contamination could really hit them hard, especially if unfavorable winds carried radiation towards dense population centers.
Hopefully it should be fine once they vent the radiation. In a time like this it's this kind of thing where I think, "They better not use this an example on why nuclear power is bad."
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-11 16:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
they were talking about this also on the radio, that with technology and advancements its very possible they can keep this under control... however if they cannot, and radiation leaks occur, that winds could actually carry this into asia, and even to the western U.S
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-11 16:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
#
2217: The Associated Press is also now citing Japanese nuclear safety agency officials as saying that radiation levels inside one of the reators at the Fukushima-Daini nuclear power plant have surged to 1,000 times their normal levels after the cooling system failed. Pressure inside the reactor has risen to 1.5 times the level considered normal.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 61 62 63