[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-03-10 06:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Do not want~

You do to, you just have to lay back, close your eyes and accept it.

It'll be over in 30s.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-10 06:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

uuuuuuuhhhhhh >___<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-03-10 06:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you are talking about, takes 30s to
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Do not want~

You do to, you just have to lay back, close your eyes and accept it.

It'll be over in 30s.
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
uuuuuuuhhhhhh >___<
tmi! : p

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-10 06:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't funny the first time, still isn't funny now.
[+]
 Ifrit.Scott
Server: Ifrit
user: sfcharger
By Ifrit.Scott 2011-03-10 06:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be happy with just an update graphics , give XI the XIV HD design ~
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-03-10 07:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

it's been gone over a gazillion times

xi didn't even come close to amassing the rave that wow did, therefore why would square bros ever recreate a game that failed to do what they initially planned to do: make mad cash moneys

if anything, making a recreation of ffvii's world but online would be the bees knees for sales (as long as they didn't push to get it available to the public immediately, see: xiv), even though i myself am more fond of xi by ten fold
[+]
 Lakshmi.Seoha
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-10 07:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

FFVIII has a nice background to be a MMORPG too I think.
Garden students? With fighting?

It serves the purpose of online enviroment a lot better than offline enviroment in my opinion.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-10 07:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ps2 limitations, no seriously.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-10 07:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone is so merge happy...
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-03-10 07:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lets merge ffxiah forums with SE's forums.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-03-10 07:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm, no one remember SE saying they were going to try that? But they couldnt get it to work.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-10 07:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they are talking about making advanced classes the original FF esque classes. Like levelling Lancer would unlock the Dragoon job and leveling Conjurer would unlock White Mage and Black Mage

That's as close to a merge as you're going to get.
 Ifrit.Maddii
Server: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-03-10 07:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets merge Dogs with Cats!!!

and Apples with Pears!!!
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-10 07:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
it's been gone over a gazillion times xi didn't even come close to amassing the rave that wow did, therefore why would square bros ever recreate a game that failed to do what they initially planned to do: make mad cash moneys if anything, making a recreation of ffvii's world but online would be the bees knees for sales (as long as they didn't push to get it available to the public immediately, see: xiv), even though i myself am more fond of xi by ten fold
I don't get why every SE fanboy thinks mentioning FFVII and a rehash of any kind will be instant win for SE. It may have been your first FF/RPG, but it is not, and never will be, the greatest FF ever. Overly cliched hype =/= good game.

FFIV, FFVI, and FFX were way better. Oh and FFT.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-03-10 07:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Well they are talking about making advanced classes the original FF esque classes. Like levelling Lancer would unlock the Dragoon job and leveling Conjurer would unlock White Mage and Black Mage

That's as close to a merge as you're going to get.

Further proof that their current system is total fail and have to revert to ye olde job system cause ***doesn't add up! (Marauder is like a THF WAR MNK thing!)
By Wafflechan 2011-03-10 07:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Maddii said:
Lets merge Dogs with Cats!!! and Apples with Pears!!!
Already been done >_>

[+]
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2011-03-10 13:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
it's been gone over a gazillion times xi didn't even come close to amassing the rave that wow did, therefore why would square bros ever recreate a game that failed to do what they initially planned to do: make mad cash moneys if anything, making a recreation of ffvii's world but online would be the bees knees for sales (as long as they didn't push to get it available to the public immediately, see: xiv), even though i myself am more fond of xi by ten fold
I don't get why every SE fanboy thinks mentioning FFVII and a rehash of any kind will be instant win for SE. It may have been your first FF/RPG, but it is not, and never will be, the greatest FF ever. Overly cliched hype =/= good game.

And why there's ALWAYS someone to reply and say "ff7 is just hype, ff6 is way better!". Fed up with these nonsense. Can't people just shut up and let other ppl dream about a FF7 remake or whatever? I'm guessing you would be the first in line to buy it, despite your "overly cliched hype" attitude.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-10 13:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:

Have you noticed the size of the FFVII fanbase? It doesn't have to be good, it just has to generate revenue. Also, if you'd stop and read again he never said anything about it being the best FF ever.
 Caitsith.Caitan
user: Korm
By Caitsith.Caitan 2011-03-10 13:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:

^ This
[+]
 Caitsith.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-03-10 13:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:

While I did really like VII, VI and X are amazing games. Dont think ive ever played IV and Tactics was just ok to me. I was never really good at it :/
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-10 13:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably can't make a rehash of FFVII.

The original Square was not set up to make sequels. Dev teams typically did not roll from project to project. Original artwork or concept designs were not saved. Legal agreements were not managed to allow arbitrary re-use of base intellectual property. Parts of it were co-owned in weird ways by console and PC teams.

And most importantly, SE has shown they no longer really know what went into FFVII to make it good, and thus is probably worried about screwing it up and tanking everyone's perception of the brand in hindsight. It's more valuable to them as an over-idealized past jewel than a potential modern mediocrity.

I wouldn't expect SE to remake VII unless very, very desperate. And even then, I would take it as a sign of the company being in serious trouble.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-10 13:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet they were able to make a conceptual video of what FF7 would look like on a ps3? Sorry, but I really think they are able to do it. What legal issues would they have? Everything is under their company to do so with that material what they want. They don't need a sequel.. its a remake. How were they able to remake 4 then if they weren't set up to do sequels, and numerous times I might add. It's definitely within the realm of possibilities and I bet it will happen. Only a matter of time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 13:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yet they were able to make a conceptual video of what FF7 would look like on a ps3? Sorry, but I really think they are able to do it. What legal issues would they have? Everything is under their company to do so with that material what they want. They don't need a sequel.. its a remake. How were they able to remake 4 then if they weren't set up to do sequels, and numerous times I might add. It's definitely within the realm of possibilities and I bet it will happen. Only a matter of time.

Wasn't that also the ending of Crisis Core though? The "To be continued" part?

First Page 2 3