users online
Death penalty
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-09 23:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you agree with the death penalty? Personally I'm not sure... I mean I used to be dead set against the death penalty, but do some people deserve to live after what they do?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-09 23:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

flion i'm trying to pry myself away from interwebs and do work ;;

Y U MAK IT SO HARD
 Lakshmi.Ashido
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2011-03-09 23:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

An eye for an Eye, If you kill , we feed you to a shark. with friggen lazers on their heads.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-09 23:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry sev :(
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-03-09 23:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Do you agree with the death penalty? Personally I'm not sure... I mean I used to be dead set against the death penalty, but do some people deserve to live after what they do?

Really depends what they did and if it's 100% without a doubt proven that they did it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-09 23:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ashido said:
An eye for an Eye, If you kill , we feed you to a shark. with friggen lazers on their heads.

But isn't killing barbaric? Are we any better if we stoop to their levels?
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-09 23:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I am for the death penalty

I even think that some deserve worse than just a needle in the arm

Rapists and murderers of children, including people who got abortions and abortionists, deserve the worst pain possible

and i can't believe some people are for abortion but not the death penalty

you would kill an innocent child but not a murderer?

i mean wtf?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-09 23:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:

Rapists and murderers of children, including people who got abortions and abortionists, deserve the worst pain possible

i mean wtf?

that's a good point haste, It's hypocritical to kill a child, but then not put a criminal to death.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Server: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2011-03-09 23:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Death is too kind.
 Titan.Prefalin
Server: Titan
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-09 23:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:

i mean wtf?
^this^
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-09 23:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Ashido said:

we kill brown people every day in the middle east over dat oil, nobody says thats barbaric
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-09 23:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and no.. I have no problem with it, but I think it's stupid that it's the ultimate punishment. You don't make someone suffer by taking their life, you make them suffer by knowing they'll die in the hell hole that is prison. The ones on death row don't get the general treatment though, they mostly stay caged by themselves, so it's not really the same, even though they'll spend a good portion of their life in that hole.

It just doesn't make sense to me, at least as everyone (around here, in Texas) tries to play it off.. They try and act like they're doing the world a favor and it's vengeance, but really all they care about is the money.

Also, what's all this lethal injection go to sleep ***.. If you want to put someone to death, I say re-enact on them what they put their victims through.

Or let's just roll back the times about 2,000 years and put them in the Colosseum, to fight against each other, only they're criminals and not slaves, so they'll never have the chance to win their freedom, all they win, is another days breath.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 23:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nostylin said:
Death is too kind.
This. What we really need to do is either find a way to make the person hope they were dead... then go way way way further than that till they completely learn their lesson... or find a way to repeatidly kill them in the most brutal fashions and keep them alive like a short story I once read...

But as things are right now sometimes it's just more cost efficient when it's clear normal methods cannot rehabilitate them.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-09 23:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Ashido said:

we kill brown people every day in the middle east over dat oil, nobody says thats barbaric

*** dey brown tho
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-03-09 23:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if people could prove 100% beyond the shadow of the slightest doubt that the guilty person is indeed guilty, then the death penalty would be ok for the sake of protecting others from said guilty person if the crime was horrific enough. Even if there was a 100% positive way to be sure of guilt or innocence, the crimes would have to be extremely awful to kill the criminal.

However, since the system is not perfect and innocent people sometimes do get convicted (not often, I'm sure, but sometimes), I would be horrified at the thought of putting an innocent person to death.

If it was cheaper, I would say the best option for punishing terrible crimes is life in prison without parole. That seems worse than death to me anyways, plus without the moral uncertainties behind actually killing the person.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-09 23:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
I think if people could prove 100% beyond the shadow of the slightest doubt that the guilty person is indeed guilty, then the death penalty would be ok for the sake of protecting others from said guilty person if the crime was horrific enough. Even if there was a 100% positive way to be sure of guilt or innocence, the crimes would have to be extremely awful to kill the criminal.

However, since the system is not perfect and innocent people sometimes do get convicted (not often, I'm sure, but sometimes), I would be horrified at the thought of putting an innocent person to death.

If it was cheaper, I would say the best option for punishing terrible crimes is life in prison without parole. That seems worse than death to me anyways, plus without the moral uncertainties behind actually killing the person.

The death sentence is actually more expensive than keeping them alive in prison for life lol.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-03-09 23:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

The death sentence is actually more expensive than keeping them alive in prison for life lol.

That's because we are too concerned with not causing them any pain. Honestly, if someone has done something so terrible that they deserve death, why bother with making them all warm, snuggly, and comfortable for their last moments? Goodness sake. If they are that bad, then just shoot them in the back of the head. Quick, painless, and much cheaper.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-09 23:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

Inb4 no it's not. <_< I'm here to say yes it is, when you figure in all the appeals and ***, and you can say well take that away, but if you do that, why even have the initial trial, just shoot them as soon as they're accused of murder. Either way you'd still be executing innocent people.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-09 23:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

Inb4 no it's not. <_< I'm here to say yes it is, when you figure in all the appeals and ***, and you can say well take that away, but if you do that, why even have the initial trial, just shoot them as soon as they're accused of murder. Either way you'd still be executing innocent people.

and bullets are cheap
 Titan.Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-09 23:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Nostylin said:
Death is too kind.
This. What we really need to do is either find a way to make the person hope they were dead... then go way way way further than that till they completely learn their lesson... or find a way to repeatidly kill them in the most brutal fashions and keep them alive like a short story I once read...

But as things are right now sometimes it's just more cost efficient when it's clear normal methods cannot rehabilitate them.
torture them?
*gets car battery and cables*
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-09 23:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

That's because we are too concerned with not causing them any pain. Honestly, if someone has done something so terrible that they deserve death, why bother with making them all warm, snuggly, and comfortable for their last moments? Goodness sake. If they are that bad, then just shoot them in the back of the head. Quick, painless, and much cheaper.
There's another way that everyone ignores. Nitrogen is extremely abundant, and painless. If you are just to suffocate someone, they feel the pain, but someone breathing in pure nitrogen wouldn't feel anything except drowsiness.
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-03-09 23:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt we have a thread like this already?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-03-09 23:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

It wouldn't be if they actually got killed right after the trial.

Trial > Guilty > Dead

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-09 23:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

It's the appeals that cost, and those are the very thing that stop the death penalty becoming some bureaucrat's personal weapon.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-09 23:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
I would be horrified at the thought of putting an innocent person to death.

o like the 60,000-100,000 civilians killed in the iraq war
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-09 23:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

Trial > Guilty > Dead

Yes but people are constantly being proven innocent even after conviction, and therein lies the problem.
 Titan.Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-09 23:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

Trial > Guilty > Dead

well one of the drugs they used in the injection the maker of it closed down i think or something like that dont have the article anymore since i installed a new OS :(
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-03-09 23:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nostylin said:
Death is too kind.

This lol also another thing is while I don't beleive they deserver to die as its the easy way out they shouldnt be living it up in prisons... make em work make em do hella work I feel they have way to many righs in prisons dont let them have nice lil cell places to sleep hell make em sleep outside in tents for all I care idk making them stay alive and have what they did haunt them their whole lives I think would be worse. As I think someone else stated death penalty is about money.

Regarding abortions what if a girl is raped... If she is raped do you honestly expect her to carry that rapists child give birth to that child and such? especially consider if that girl is a teenager she is a child also this sort of thing to me is very situational. If someone is a *** just *** in the air everywhere they go getting pregnant and aborting left and right, now that is terrible and disgusting. But if someone has something terrible and traumatic happen to them to make them suffer more is just not right, also who is to say one life is more valuable then the other?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-09 23:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

Trial > Guilty > Dead

It's too unsafe
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-09 23:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

am i the only one who thinks that they also need to toughen up the penalties for committing lesser crimes?

some of the ***that happens today may be because of how lenient our system is

I mean they essentially get free meals for robbing people or driving drunk
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5