First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-03-06 00:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO: Abyssea

Are you anti or pro Abyssea, post your preferences.

if you are against Abyssea, what is it that bothers you so about it, also If you were given the ability what about Abyssea would you change?
If Pro Abysea, why is it you think its so win that it causes a particular part of your body tingle and dance with glee?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tokuzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bodille
By Lakshmi.Tokuzi 2011-03-06 00:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Up: Lots to do.

Down: Too easy to do it.

Fin.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-06 00:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we talking about Abyssea as a self-contained event or the Abyssean era and its impact on the game?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-06 00:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-03-06 00:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Are we talking about Abyssea as a self-contained event or the Abyssean era and its impact on the game?

lol open for interpretation although I'm going to lean moar towards self-contained event.

If you'd like comment on either, or.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-06 00:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Up: lots of stuff to do

Down: run out of things to do too quickly, so lots of people may not want to help others catch up once they've done everything.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-03-06 00:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pros: Fun to do, lots of new stuff to kill, and doesn't take 20+ people who all like to argue and yell at each other to do it. I enjoy lowman-able things because I dislike large groups, pure and simple.

Cons: Can become too easy quickly.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-03-06 00:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro.

Moreso pro if SE releases a new dimension of endgame. Something to balance with this low-man business. Also, like I've said, Abyssea also benefits those who have way too much time on their hands, so I think having a main (more group-oriented) aspect of endgame that has a, say, 40-hour cooldown would be pretty awesome. Do that every other day with Abyssea between.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tokuzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bodille
By Lakshmi.Tokuzi 2011-03-06 00:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LETS RAID.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-03-06 01:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro: Uhhh... interesting story? O_o

Con: Abyssea has brought out the hideously ugly side of gamer attitude ever since it first started...yes I know it happening long before Abyssea...its just more common now, Elitists telling you "LOL UR A DRK U SUX AN DUNT EVEN THINK OF LVLIN PLD OR ANY OTHER JOB WE DEEM AS ***"

Trying to get some people together for non abyssea related missions/quests its like pulling teeth with a rusty pair of pliers...aka if you want something outside of abysses done solo/duo it or get a static, otherwise its not gonna happen. (unless you are in a really good ls that dose things BESIDES Abyssea)

*gets ready for trolls to rate this down & insult me*
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-03-06 01:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

dont care for it much really.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-06 01:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:

Con: Abyssea has brought out the hideously ugly side of gamer attitude ever since it first started...yes I know it happening long before Abyssea...its just more common now, Elitists telling you "LOL UR A DRK U SUX AN DUNT EVEN THINK OF LVLIN PLD OR ANY OTHER JOB WE DEEM AS ***"

Trying to get some people together for non abyssea related missions/quests its like pulling teeth with a rusty pair of pliers...aka if you want something outside of abysses done solo/duo it or get a static, otherwise its not gonna happen. (unless you are in a really good ls that dose things BESIDES Abyssea)

lol, why would we flame you down for issues we already know? You probably hang with the wrong people if that's the case. Also, DRK is pretty badass with a Caladbolg.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-03-06 01:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Our LS is actually doing limbus for the hell of it, Nyzul also.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-03-06 01:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:

lol, why would we flame you down for issues we already know? Also, DRK is pretty badass with a Caladbolg.

I'm *slowly* working towards getting that, Its just annoying how most of the nm are lotto spawns.

Its just from what I seen from lurking people these days seem to be attacked for even slightly bad mouthing abyssea.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-06 01:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro: Easy to do, can lowman with friends, dont have to put up with greedy leaders and *** LSes.

Con: *** Heqet. And JPs.(though they were there before abyssea.)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 01:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-06 01:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm *slowly* working towards getting that, Its just annoying how most of the nm are lotto spawns. Its just from what I seen from lurking people these days seem to be attacked for even slightly bad mouthing abyssea.

lol wat, 1 of 4 KI NMs is timed spawn, none are lotto.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-06 01:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
I'm *slowly* working towards getting that, Its just annoying how most of the nm are lotto spawns. Its just from what I seen from lurking people these days seem to be attacked for even slightly bad mouthing abyssea.

lol wat, 1 of 4 KI NMs are timed spawn, none are lotto.

I think they mean the NM trials before the actual abyssea part.

And the one that is a timed spawn makes up for all of them. Heqet is the worst NM in the game. theres always 5 groups sitting there after it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-06 01:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not perfect, but a step in the right direction.

We're too used to everything taking a billion years, so we could certainly use a new event to give us that feeling again.
[+]
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-03-06 02:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally for Abyssea myself, has made the time/reward ratio much more realistic and destroyed a lot of what made the game crap before.

Pro: Stuff can be done with friends, and there is always a sense of progression to what you do. Atmas and cruor buffs make for some fun e-peen. Weakness triggers were an interesting concept when it was still a mystery.

Cons: The extreme lowman mentality. Not small 6 man groups, but the people who either solo every bloody thing on DNC for no drops or the ones that solo on NIN with a WHM PL bot on auto follow. It's a huge pet peeve to me. Even more so when THEY DON'T ACCEPT HELP.

Hi, we can proc grellows and kill it in 5 minutes. Want the seals? No? What the hell is wrong with you?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-06 02:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Cons: The extreme lowman mentality. Not small 6 man groups, but the people who either solo every bloody thing on DNC for no drops or the ones that solo on NIN with a WHM PL bot on auto follow. It's a huge pet peeve to me. Even more so when THEY DON'T ACCEPT HELP.

Hi, we can proc grellows and kill it in 5 minutes. Want the seals? No? What the hell is wrong with you?!

I share your sentiments exactly. I mean, what the hell is going to go wrong if they do invite the proc person other than a chance at more seals? Loss of pride? I don't get it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 02:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I share your sentiments exactly. I mean, what the hell is going to go wrong if they do invite the proc person other than a chance at more seals? Loss of pride? I don't get it.
I've done it once cause I really disliked one of the people there
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-06 03:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I've done it once cause I really disliked one of the people there
That's fair enough, yeah. Though when it's not limited to that, it's a problem.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-06 03:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro:

After years of complaining about the stupidity of the "Ground Kings HNM" system and Salvage/Dynamis drop-rates, S-E swooped in suddenly and crushed the "old HNM scene" with fury, and simultaneously raised drop rates on Dynamis and Salvage gear.

I only wish S-E had made these changes 3 years ago instead of wasting all their resources on FFXIV.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-06 03:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to really support this idea of thought, but it could be... extreme laziness.

"OH GREAT I HAVE TO BE SOCIAL FOR A SECOND, I'LL HAVE TO INVITE HIM THEN SAY HI AND HOPE HE DOESN'T MESS WITH MY PERFECT PLANS *SIGHHHH*"
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-03-06 03:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro: Good NM system to get af3
Empyrean weapons are free and easy(ish) to get
Atma's/Abyssites

Con: Noobs afk in xp pts
Constant fighting
Ironclad MPKs
Idiots burn jobs and dont have spells (BLM WHM RDM) and when on the job proc'ing !! they go "oh i dont have it"
Noobs have LOW skill levels.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-06 03:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:

I don't want to really support this idea of thought, but it could be... extreme laziness.

"OH GREAT I HAVE TO BE SOCIAL FOR A SECOND, I'LL HAVE TO INVITE HIM THEN SAY HI AND HOPE HE DOESN'T MESS WITH MY PERFECT PLANS *SIGHHHH*"
Sad thing is, you're probably right. :P
By Wafflechan 2011-03-06 03:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm torn on Abyssea. It brings people together for fun events, gets you new shiny gear, and a reason to get out there and skill up that ***to be useful in parties. I enjoy being able to make big numbers to make my epeen grow, thus ending the LOLDRG mentality forever, when you throw up a drakesbane strong enough to make those old DDs who easily trumped you. cry. It gives me a sense of comraderie when I defeat an NM in abys that gave me a hard time and trouble, and in the end all the PUG work I put into my AF feels so satisfying once its done.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I hate the amount elitists it brings out. These clowns going around thinking their Blade: HI, Ukko's, Victory Smite, ad nauseum is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Any time someone says 'quit x, level y,' I want to slap someone. I hate how empyrean weapons for my least played job are a joke to get, yet the ones I love most have ridiculous bosses. (Chloris x 50? Bukhis x 50? Compared to Carabosse and CC? *** you SE.) I hate how if Im not a bandwagon job, I have to make my own PUG. I hate how I have to have said bandwagon jobs to get into any LS worth its mettle in order to get anything past +1AF3. I hate how finding help on things like Dyna, Nyzul, etc are like getting repeat prostate exams.

All and all, abyssea is a mixed bag for me. I'm hoping one day to have a Masa (85) (On the VNMs now.) And a Kannagi (85). Even if they arent the greatest weapons in the future... I love SAM and DRK even if they arent nice DDs as they used to be. Que vivre? Vera.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-03-06 03:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Con: Noobs have LOW skill levels.

I actually kind of like this. There's gotta be stratification somewhere. Separate the MEN from the WUSSES. Then again, I'm kind of elitist and like seeing n00bz Raging Rush for 200 on dolls. Makes my Taru cack all big when I go, like, "o noez 2k Raging RASH and I missed a hit."

Also, the reaction one of my LSs had to a trial member WAR90 in Dynamis - Xarcabard without GA capped for 75 was... entertaining. Hurr.

Calling *** out is priceless. Have a SAM90 in party without Kasha? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE.

Moral of the story: n00bz = Kero-ego+.
[+]
First Page 2