Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-03-06 04:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Unicorn.Crysten said:
Cons: The extreme lowman mentality. Not small 6 man groups, but the people who either solo every bloody thing on DNC for no drops or the ones that solo on NIN with a WHM PL bot on auto follow. It's a huge pet peeve to me. Even more so when THEY DON'T ACCEPT HELP.

Hi, we can proc grellows and kill it in 5 minutes. Want the seals? No? What the hell is wrong with you?!

I share your sentiments exactly. I mean, what the hell is going to go wrong if they do invite the proc person other than a chance at more seals? Loss of pride? I don't get it.

I bet some of it is pride. There was an all pink DNC soloing the *** NM in Altepa, and he clicked off every single buff I gave to him within 5 seconds. Eventually told us to *** off even though we had a relic MNK and a THF there. Funny thing was, he was after PLD seals, and I would've happily let him lot those as we were after the others.

Took him 30 minutes in the end. It's like, congrats, you soloed an NM no-one gives a ***about and succeeded in wasting not only his time, but my group's time as well. Baffles the mind.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-03-06 04:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
IMO: Abyssea

Are you anti or pro Abyssea, post your preferences.

if you are against Abyssea, what is it that bothers you so about it, also If you were given the ability what about Abyssea would you change?
If Pro Abysea, why is it you think its so win that it causes a particular part of your body tingle and dance with glee?

Pro:Easier and faster to get gear and stuff done. Can do events anytime with a group of friends, so pretty good for players with unstable schedule or more causal player in general. Can log on anytime and end event anytime if necessary.

Con:Half of the jobs are less efficient in Abyssea because of atma/cruor buffs, out of 20 jobs only MNK NIN WAR WHM BLU THF BLM are useful, which is pretty lame. Also brew makes Abyssea easy mode. With all the unlimited MP and brew easy mode, there's very little skill involved and don't really need much collaboration.

How to improve: Keep the good part of Abyssea, most people doesn't like to do same event over and over again for years for just one piece of gear that only makes you 1% better, it's ridiculous. Also I like flexible event schedule a lot. So I don't have to rush all the way home just because Dyna is starting soon and if I'm late I won't be able to enter next run.

Take away all the atma/cruor buffs and brews. Can keep temp items but atma/cruor buffs makes the game incredibly unbalanced. Since many jobs are more useless than it used to be. Brews makes the player unable to face challenge. Tbh I think Abyssea will be much better if there are no brew and no atma/cruor buffs.

The proc system isn't implemented well, making most of the jobs useless compare with popular proc jobs. Getting proc for higher chance of drop rate is nice, but they should give every job equal chance to get proc, on the same time don't have to bring all 20 jobs for proc. Maybe if the NM proc weakness is based on current pt member's job it'd be better?

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-03-06 04:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I really cannot decide. I like that abyssea is so accessible, can go whenever you want, can lowman things and if you cant find a group, very easily just go and solo or duo something (yes Im one of those dancers that likes to go and solo, sue me). Its made lvling jobs so much easier and can finally play all those jobs you always wanted but didnt have the time to lvl.

On the other hand, at least on my server, it seems -nobody- knows what the hell they are doing. All the good players seem to have quit the game. Everyone just leeched their jobs up, though very few know how to play them, nobody does anything outside of abyssea anymore, and it especially annoys me when I run into all these people who have jumped on the bandwagon and lvled jobs that are supposed to be good/useful now (ie mnk, dnc, bst) and yet none of them know how to play..I had a duo arguing with me when I tried to offer to help them kill tablilla because they were taking forever and near death, but thought that by rights, because they were a mnk and a whm they should be unstoppable..

To anyone who wants to argue me over my mini list of useful jobs, thats only the idea that seems to be circulating on quetz ._. I still think having at least basic knowledge of how to play might be more useful though...which seems to be the biggest downside to abyssea
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2011-03-06 04:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro: Fun, easy but sometimes challenging in low man situations, lots of content/NMs to kill, epeen fun =P

Con: *** Tunga
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-03-06 06:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro: you can always find something to do. Sometimes when I'm bored I just ask my friends 'do you need to kill something?' and you can just do it duo or trio(of course there are bigger things, but it's fine). I like not having to depend on 20 other people for everything I need and be able to get things done by myself or with just a friend or two.

Con:
- ubercamped time spawn NMs(DAMN HEQET!!)
- unfriendly people. I don't know what's wrong with so many players, they're always angry, unkind, refuse to cooperate, steal, and what-not. I know the world is not made of rainbows but can't we live in a fracking civilized virtual society?
- noobs. Noobs everywhere.
[+]
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-06 06:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Con: Noobs have LOW skill levels.

I actually kind of like this. There's gotta be stratification somewhere. Separate the MEN from the WUSSES. Then again, I'm kind of elitist and like seeing n00bz Raging Rush for 200 on dolls. Makes my Taru cack all big when I go, like, "o noez 2k Raging RASH and I missed a hit."

Also, the reaction one of my LSs had to a trial member WAR90 in Dynamis - Xarcabard without GA capped for 75 was... entertaining. Hurr.

Calling *** out is priceless. Have a SAM90 in party without Kasha? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE.

Moral of the story: n00bz = Kero-ego+.

Reminds me of a gimp lolFrench girl on my server.She's level 90 NIN (bandwagon of course) with 4/5 +2 gear and a katana of trials lol
This from a sackholder of one of the server's main LS's? lol I say
 Ragnarok.Alo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Alo 2011-03-06 07:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
Pro: Uhhh... interesting story? O_o

Con: Abyssea has brought out the hideously ugly side of gamer attitude ever since it first started...yes I know it happening long before Abyssea...its just more common now, Elitists telling you "LOL UR A DRK U SUX AN DUNT EVEN THINK OF LVLIN PLD OR ANY OTHER JOB WE DEEM AS ***"

that was always the case for the other jobs, you just happened to be playing the correct job on the right times.

I saw things before abyssea, make the child's hair white...
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-03-06 07:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro: Abyssea is fantastic. It doesn't necessitate a large, endgame LS to get ***done, and it's inviting for small groups of friends. There's plenty to do ranging from farming for gil, quests, exping, and killing loads of NMs. Everyone, without regard to skill or dedication to the game, can find something to do in Abyssea.

Con: I can't be the only one who hates doing an event that actually drops gear. I yearn for the days of double eye Omegas and Xarcabards that properly rewarded everyone with their very own WAR lawlrica.
[+]
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-03-06 08:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dijana said:
(yes Im one of those dancers that likes to go and solo, sue me).

Hold that thought.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-06 12:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun part: abyssea is lots of fun if you have a set of friends to do it with, it gives you a place with neverending things to do while you goof off with friends.

Not-so-fun part: abyssea is full of jerk-faces and pick-up groups who can make things tedious by disrupting a run or taking wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long to wipe to stuff.

I like abyssea but i'm looking forward to seeing new endgame content outside of abyssea at 99... then maybe it will be more like salvage/limbus/dynamis where we don't do it 24/7.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-03-06 14:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:

Hold that thought.

I better not mention how many times yellow proc just happens to be ninjutsu for me then <.<
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 14:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Hold that thought.
I better not mention how many times yellow proc just happens to be ninjutsu for me then <.<
I can't count the number of times it wasn't rdm or nin procs for me soloing stuff :(. It's why I stopped soloing on rdm most the time. Was more time efficient to do quest lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-06 14:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:

Hold that thought.
:( People who use the site should really learn how to add music

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=4815420

Fixed
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 14:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
There was an all pink DNC soloing the *** NM in Altepa, and he clicked off every single buff I gave to him within 5 seconds.
Maybe he didn't want the *** to steal them with no way to dispel them
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-03-06 14:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Crysten said:
Hold that thought.
I can't count the number of times it wasn't rdm or nin procs for me soloing stuff :(. It's why I stopped soloing on rdm most the time. Was more time efficient to do quest lol

As it tends to happen usually if Im having bad luck though..its never ninjutsu til I get my blm friend out there..then its always ninjutsu..