Favourite FFXI memory
First Page 2
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-05 02:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a nostalgia filled night, so thought I'd make a thread. Don't expect this thread to last long, but I'm just curious as to what you miss the most from FFXI.

I personally miss the warm fuzzy feeling I got when Ulmia sang her song for the first time at the end of CoP~
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2011-03-05 02:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blizzaga III and Thundaga III'ing Darters in Dragons Aery wearing a Dalmatica while /check'ing and comparing my gear to other 100 ppl in that room.
By Finality 2011-03-05 02:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss playing the game with 5 rl friends. Wandering around finding new areas to xp at through trial and error...We had a taru PLD as our tank in our static, and he would always get 1 shot by Death Scissors, Sickle Slash and various other rediculous TP moves/spells. We always had a good time whenever we partied, even though the xp was slow, the adventure was well worth it.
 Phoenix.Pozcat
Server: Phoenix
user: Pozcat
By Phoenix.Pozcat 2011-03-05 02:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss taking 5 minutes to set up how to make Induration with my party members
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2011-03-05 03:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There are far too many to write out...

One of the most notable which comes to mind would have to be a moment outside of FFXI, per say.

I believe my most treasured memory was the day I decided to go to Best Buy and pick up an online mmorpg. There I was, holding World of Warcraft in one hand an a silver FFXI Ultimate Collection box in the other. I recall having delayed thoughts about which to get, I weighed my options about both games and the little I knew about them... In the end it came down to price (lol). WoW was $35.00 (I believe?) and FFXI was only $19.99...

Needless to say, who would have know that twenty bucks and a drive home later, I would be exposed to a world filled with amazing adventures, friends I could never forget, joys and sorrows, and most importantly, a purpose for which to live life.

Although only a video game, day by day I felt as if I had "something to do," hence purpose. Now that I've retired from FFXI, I fight boredom, along with the many other failed goals I've come across.

Today I fight to find purpose amongst other things (my blog for those who care to read) and it saddens me to say that the purpose in my life was once filled by a video game but it was a video game which I loved and I would not have had it any other way...
I give my thanks to FFXI for that and with it forever my gratitude.
[+]
By Whogie 2011-03-05 12:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiping to Ultima, but winning a few seconds later because of Dia.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-03-05 12:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

playing when i first started many years ago with this friend Sloppysue. we met back on my original server Bahamut. we ended up dying int he dunes, ooohh...30ish times? the group kinda gave up, but we were laughing our *** off the entire time.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-05 13:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When someone insisted on correcting me that Freezebite was a great axe ws; IN SHOUT, IN PORT JEUNO, WITH 700 PEOPLE LISTENING. Yes, call me a retard in public over something so incorrect.

Shouter: Itzpapalotl [Do you need it?] [Looking for members.] triggers ... [Great Axe]

me: I don't think there are any GA ws triggers...

Nususu: idiot... freezebite.

PJ: lolstupid.

Oh, and finally getting my last bit of Alexandrite to finish my Burtgang back when pld meant something.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-05 15:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my favourite FFXI memory was that time I went to go see General Mihli...

Oh yah, I also liked the time I won 300,000 gil out in the Opistery in Windurst...
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-05 15:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably trioing Serket or levelling my BRD up with a friend I met in XI.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-05 16:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Probably trioing Serket or levelling my BRD up with a friend I met in XI.
Reminds me of all the times I kept trying to solo Serket on PLD only to wipe and call a rdm friend to help or having a rdm friend come by at around 50%.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-03-05 16:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just running around soloing/duoing things. I really enjoyed doing that kinda of stuff with my friend Magicka!
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-03-05 16:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The day I got my carby mitts. It started with just the leader of my ls, my best in-game friend, and the guy who was opening the door for us..but on the way there one by one members of our LS decided they wanted to come along and we had a whole alliance dancing ontop of the tonberry's head. Gave me the warm and fuzzies everyone wanted to help me.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-03-05 16:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of my favorite memories involve moments of triumph for me, like
how proud I was when I arranged my own Divine Might (Supertank) alliance and we won,

when I won the ACP final boss (I actually videotaped this one xD),

when I won the MKP final boss,

or when I FINALLY DEFEATED ARGUS AND GOT A PEACOCK CHARM

stuff like that.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-03-05 16:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Walking into sea. That was the day that it hit me that I finished CoP (almost atleast, but sea is what everybody cares about) Id already decided that that was something that Id never be able to accomplish because getting a group for minotaur seemed impossible, lets not forget the horribleness of finding a good prommy pt. Tavnazia still gives me the creeps to warp into, the music and the oddness..Im pretty sure there was a sign that said "haha Daus will never get here" hung somewhere. I feel like I dont belong. Thinking about the CoP missions gives me chills, I dont really like to think about them. For whatever reason they scare me, the hardest thing Id ever done video game wise.

Completing my rdm AF was another huge accomplishment.When I picked up ffxi I figured it'd be like any other online game Id try..Id play for a couple days, get bored and quit. But that didnt happen. Id never stuck with something for that long. So rdm AF represented my ff11 career essentially.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-05 16:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've beaten all the HNM but that's boring, lowmanning things that aren't quite as hard is more fun because it needs more concentration. Even though HNM are harder technically harder it's easier because there's always more bodies.
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-05 16:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember getting my first LS way back in the day, and how close nit we all were... ( some still play and we miss it ), doing Eco-Wars... were alot of fun
By sefalon 2011-03-05 16:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Started a social ls called legion of doom or lod that had about 50 members on most the time and running made up events for prizes. My favorite was the naked mile. Had 30 members standing outside bastok on a lvl 1 character first one that made it to jueno on foot won 100k. That was a lot of fun.
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2011-03-05 16:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is probably a collection of memories from a few years ago when I used to duo anything and everything humanly possible with a good friend of mine, me as a MNK/DNC and him as RDM/whatever was needed. The top memories were probably duoing Sky access. :)
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-05 16:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i think that this is what FFXI lacks now adays... fun... its all about awesome gear/quests for awesome gear or weapons/endgame/abyssea.

no one ever does the qwirky crazy crap that we all used to do when this game came out.. sure we did quests, got gear, got weapons.. did some endgame.. but we had fun outside all of that too...

seems like that was lost somewhere along the way
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2011-03-05 16:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

WHEN I DANG OLE INVITEHS NOOBILEHS TO A PARDEH AND WENT AFK(TAT BE AWAY FROM DEM KEYBOARD AIGHT) BUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT I DANG OLE WENT TO THE MOVEHS >D
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-03-05 17:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
i think that this is what FFXI lacks now adays... fun... its all about awesome gear/quests for awesome gear or weapons/endgame/abyssea.

no one ever does the qwirky crazy crap that we all used to do when this game came out.. sure we did quests, got gear, got weapons.. did some endgame.. but we had fun outside all of that too...

seems like that was lost somewhere along the way

Never enjoyed those things, leveling ect. Mostly enjoyed to duo/trio NMs, camp HNMs. My first Fafnir nobody told me what to do and I was so scared to do something wrong so I just didn't do anything at all pretty much <.< Was shaking and stuff.. good times.. Now I don't even smile anymore when I fight something new/get an item
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-03-05 17:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Having friends (TBA) that tolerated and even liked me despite my crazy was fkn awesome lol.
A truly social LS that could get things done is a great memory.

A specific fond memory was our first Kirin that we ended up having to zombie in order to win,
lame or whatever now but was highly entertaining and a lot of laughs at the time. Well ***, its even funnier now.
 Sylph.Alesis
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Alesis 2011-03-05 17:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Having my RL friends all come over and hook up all our PS2s and PCs and spend all night eating pizza and exploring Castle O together when everything was new and scary! Teaming up with people just to explore and adventure! So much fun. ^^/
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-03-05 17:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/28236
[+]
 Cerberus.Liandaru
Server: Cerberus
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-03-05 17:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The first time I zoned into the Hall of the Gods. It was amazing that'd I'd finally made it. Then the other night, after five years of playing, I finally got Sea access, so zoning into that beautiful place for the first time ever was really inspiring.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-03-05 18:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dinging 75 for the very first time!

Winning airship fight!

Winning lot on Ridill!

And much more recent: finishing an Empyrean Weapon with the help of some good friends!

Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-05 18:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This made me a little sad. It used to take effort just to buy stuff. Congrats a bit late~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2