users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair - WS/RA/QD sets
Corsair - WS/RA/QD sets
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-24 01:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My linkshell is me, RL friend which I have access to. Another friend which can duo/trio box and my GF :P
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 01:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

And once again logic wins the day
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-24 02:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Rune bangles are a option for draining your MP to proc Ugg.

Also unless i'm mistaken your /ra TP set is 6-hit, and could probably be pushed to 5hit w/out much work, also 4hit is possible /sam.

Hit build isn't going to help me much inside abyssea. I usually use Sea daughter atma. But how much STP would I need for 5 hit? With what bullets? Afaik bullet delay matters for tp gain

For /ra set:
If you're not subbing SAM, you need 21 STP with Armageddon~
With your current set, you have 3 options:
1. Change your AF3+2 body to Loki
2. Replace your grip/feet with Rose strap + Gules leggings+1
3. Replace your grip/Bellona's ring with Rose strap + Hoard ring

Don't forget that's how much TP you need for your WS set as well.
Bullets are all the same.

/SAM 4 hit if I remember right you need 39 STP~ You'd need all the above mentioned STP gear plus a tactical mantle.

Impulse belt and Navarch's mantle are snapshot macros, it's better to macro in Terebellum Mantle(or Libeccio Mantle if you need racc, or Tactical if you need STP) and AF2 belt after /ra. I think Skadi pants can be good to macro in after you /ra with AF3 pants too, since you don't really need 8 STP(just 7 is enough) on AF3+2 pants and Skadi pants has higher rattk. So AF3+2 pants is just a snapshot macro IMO.

For hands, get a AF2 hands for snapshot and w hands which has higher rattk.

Also consider augment WoTG reward earring with rattk+4 and regain, pretty good for /ra TP IMO.

Of course you can argue that hit build is not important with sea daughter atma, but having it is pretty useful still, you can use other atma instead depending on your situation, and it may be good outside of Abyssea.

Also I like faith torque more than Q.collar, just because COR's combat skill is so low ._.

For QD set:
Elemental Obi if you have inventory, if not then don't bother.

I just tested it for a bit,
Schutzen Mittens+ AF3+2 pants gives you 20 TP per QD hit if you're using armageddon, it's actually a pretty good choice to QD in AF3+2 legs so you can get one hit less to 100 TP, plus 1%(lol?) of chance to make QD dmg x3. And you only lose 4 or 3 MAB anyways. I think Rajas+ Rose strap will give the same amount of TP, and you don't lose MAB unless you have 2 MAB rings, so the choice is up to you.

Also get an ACP body for QD .________.

You asked besides AF3+2 items what else you need, do you have AF2 gears? Get AF2 head/body/hands at least, they're not really replaceable.

Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-24 07:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Rune bangles are a option for draining your MP to proc Ugg.

Also unless i'm mistaken your /ra TP set is 6-hit, and could probably be pushed to 5hit w/out much work, also 4hit is possible /sam.

Hit build isn't going to help me much inside abyssea. I usually use Sea daughter atma. But how much STP would I need for 5 hit? With what bullets? Afaik bullet delay matters for tp gain

For /ra set:
If you're not subbing SAM, you need 21 STP with Armageddon~
With your current set, you have 3 options:
1. Change your AF3+2 body to Loki
2. Replace your grip/feet with Rose strap + Gules leggings+1
3. Replace your grip/Bellona's ring with Rose strap + Hoard ring

Don't forget that's how much TP you need for your WS set as well.
Bullets are all the same.

/SAM 4 hit if I remember right you need 39 STP~ You'd need all the above mentioned STP gear plus a tactical mantle.

Impulse belt and Navarch's mantle are snapshot macros, it's better to macro in Terebellum Mantle(or Libeccio Mantle if you need racc, or Tactical if you need STP) and AF2 belt after /ra. I think Skadi pants can be good to macro in after you /ra with AF3 pants too, since you don't really need 8 STP(just 7 is enough) on AF3+2 pants and Skadi pants has higher rattk. So AF3+2 pants is just a snapshot macro IMO.

For hands, get a AF2 hands for snapshot and w hands which has higher rattk.

Also consider augment WoTG reward earring with rattk+4 and regain, pretty good for /ra TP IMO.

Of course you can argue that hit build is not important with sea daughter atma, but having it is pretty useful still, you can use other atma instead depending on your situation, and it may be good outside of Abyssea.

Also I like faith torque more than Q.collar, just because COR's combat skill is so low ._.

For QD set:
Elemental Obi if you have inventory, if not then don't bother.

I just tested it for a bit,
Schutzen Mittens+ AF3+2 pants gives you 20 TP per QD hit if you're using armageddon, it's actually a pretty good choice to QD in AF3+2 legs so you can get one hit less to 100 TP, plus 1%(lol?) of chance to make QD dmg x3. And you only lose 4 or 3 MAB anyways. I think Rajas+ Rose strap will give the same amount of TP, and you don't lose MAB unless you have 2 MAB rings, so the choice is up to you.

Also get an ACP body for QD .________.

You asked besides AF3+2 items what else you need, do you have AF2 gears? Get AF2 head/body/hands at least, they're not really replaceable.

Thank you for the input. Got the head and body yeah but only wanted advice for these 3 sets for now. Got obis cuz main BLM. Forgot that you just have to use the snapshot pieces at the beginning of your attack so thanks for reminding me. Wouldn't the af3+1/2 hands beat whands? I got the abjuration but thought that the 3/5% crit rate would be better.
I'll never do wotg or acp :/ I aaaaaaaaaaabsolutely hate doing missions to death. That is the worst thing ingame for me, after leveling <.< The 7 Marksmanship skill is better than 8 ratk?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 09:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Um I'd put them similarly. But ranged crits aren't as good as melee crits so yeah. And Wotg is very long and annoying but acp is pretty short and easy.

And no 7 skill is not better than 8ratt unless you really really need the racc
 Cerberus.Trixen
user: Trixen
By Cerberus.Trixen 2011-02-24 11:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
His job list screams not a chance for Cara
Cuz empyreans are hard to get no matter what job you have?

Got masa, kannagi for myself, armageddon and most af3+2's to him with this setup, so nope, he didn't lootwhore em from anyone xD Abyssea is too easy =x
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-24 11:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Trixen said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
His job list screams not a chance for Cara
Cuz empyreans are hard to get no matter what job you have?

Got masa, kannagi for myself, armageddon and most af3+2's to him with this setup, so nope, he didn't lootwhore em from anyone xD Abyssea is too easy =x

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 11:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I did nin thf whm for kannagi/armageddon. Was too easy. Never even bothered with shadows on cara unless it was casting tornado on me
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-24 11:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Um I'd put them similarly. But ranged crits aren't as good as melee crits so yeah. And Wotg is very long and annoying but acp is pretty short and easy.

From my personal experience, compare with melee attack, ranged attack seems to gets more benefit more from rattk but less from crit-hit. I don't have any test result to prove it though. Also if you want full advantage of crit-hit you may need to use RR atma, and that takes another atma slot away~~

7 skill=7 acc 7 attk, so the choice is yours. But COR has like B rank in Marksmanship, so I like skill a bit more~~

Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-24 11:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

From my personal experience, compare with melee attack, ranged attack seems to gets more benefit more from rattk but less from crit-hit. I don't have any test result to prove it though. Also if you want full advantage of crit-hit you may need to use RR atma, and that takes another atma slot away~~

7 skill=7 acc 7 attk, so the choice is yours. But COR has like B rank in Marksmanship, so I like skill a bit more~~

What does it matter which rank it is? Skill only converts into atk/acc no? You can get that through gear. Could literally have 0 skill but 10k atk 10k acc and still be better than someone with capped skill. (ya exegerating numbers)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-24 12:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Okay, so I'm just gonna go level blu, brb getting Almace and making threads on how to play blu

Oh wow butthurt much?

I kinda just leveled up BLU, allready working on Almace.
Hate me too :p
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 12:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said:
From my personal experience, compare with melee attack, ranged attack seems to gets more benefit more from rattk but less from crit-hit. I don't have any test result to prove it though. Also if you want full advantage of crit-hit you may need to use RR atma, and that takes another atma slot away~~ 7 skill=7 acc 7 attk, so the choice is yours. But COR has like B rank in Marksmanship, so I like skill a bit more~~
It sorta does for a few reasons.

1. Ratio/cratio caps higher for ranged attacks.
2. lvl correct effects ranged less.
3. If you are a rng you got velocity shot.

Also they changed how crits work. So while melees get a +1.0 to pdif ranged attacks only get X1.25. So basically ranged crits get 25% boost in dmg. While melee gets anywhere from 25% to infinity boost in dmg.

Also B rank is more than enough to hit things fine. With cruor buffs and atmas that affect racc/acc (hello GH and RR) most C rankers can hit just fine without gearring for acc/racc or eatting food with that. If not eat a pot au feu. But my rng tps in full snapshot/store tp dmg no really racc but I have like 200 agi lol. My melees kinda similar but with dex instead. Though I must admit landing slugs with capped racc is hard without racc atmas or pots :(
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-02-24 12:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Do i dare ask what Atma's you use? I'm scared to hear your response since you said "MM is always on".

It's quite obvious you're new to the Corsair job. And based on your gear, atma choice and questions you'll get some slack. Lol.

Atma's I use

Smoldering Sky
Ultimate
Lone Wolf
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-24 12:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valdor said:
Do i dare ask what Atma's you use? I'm scared to hear your response since you said "MM is always on".

It's quite obvious you're new to the Corsair job. And based on your gear, atma choice and questions you'll get some slack. Lol.

Atma's I use

Smoldering Sky
Ultimate
Lone Wolf
Wasnt me who said MM is always on. I usually use smoldering, ultimate, sea daughter but depends on the situation really
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-24 14:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What does it matter which rank it is? Skill only converts into atk/acc no? You can get that through gear. Could literally have 0 skill but 10k atk 10k acc and still be better than someone with capped skill. (ya exegerating numbers)

Generally it depends on other part of gear and type of the mob you fight. I like 7 skill on neck slot because I can go all out on rattk on other slot. 8+4=12, but 7+7=14, so 7 skill seems to have more value to me. But it still largely depend on what gears you use on other slot.

I emphasis "I like" over and over, so that's just personal preference, not necessary "better".

Basically whatever you choose just cap racc but don't go over it and you'd be fine.

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Also B rank is more than enough to hit things fine. With cruor buffs and atmas that affect racc/acc (hello GH and RR) most C rankers can hit just fine without gearring for acc/racc or eatting food with that. If not eat a pot au feu. But my rng tps in full snapshot/store tp dmg no really racc but I have like 200 agi lol. My melees kinda similar but with dex instead. Though I must admit landing slugs with capped racc is hard without racc atmas or pots :(

Not really...my BLU has A+ sword skill(8/8 sword merit) and on some higher eva NM I still can't cap acc even though I macro in high acc gears like Sharpeye mantle,ziel charm and acc path magian sword plus RR atma. RNG has 19 more skill than COR, plus acc bouns V job trait, and A rank in AGI attribute, that's at least 70 more racc than COR, can't really use RNG as an example to show that you don't need racc XD

Most of the C rankers like mages takes one million years to get TP for proc when we're fighting NMs, and often need help from SAM or COR to get their TP, so I don't really believe they can cap acc just fine XD
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 14:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I wouldn't use the highest evasive thing you can fight as your baseline for your general tp set...

Also I call bs with not capping acc with all that. I don't maccro in 1 bit of acc gear on blu over my normal tp set and the only thing it takes for me to get capped acc on every nm I've fought is sushi. Usually doesn't even take that.

I've been tanking on thf. No acc bonus only half merits A- skill and I think there was only one time I haven't been capped acc with just normal full haste tp gear RR and cruor buffs. And that one time the mob was accurate enough for me to want to put on an evasion atma so I got one that was evasion and acc lol

Also I had been using a drg with barely over 200 skill (which is basically F rank if I was capping there lol) well eventually I started a bit lower and RR to get tp to proc red on pretty much everything in scars/vision areas without acc food. I actually learned full swing on Ovni :)

Most mages take forever because they don't get RR and don't have real tp sets and usually have way way way undercapped skills
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-25 14:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Does distance matter for Wildfire?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 14:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does distance matter for Wildfire?
No. Distance can only lower ratt or do nothing. Well ok with true shot it gives a dmg bonus but doesn't work with wildfire
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-02-25 15:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Okay, so I'm just gonna go level blu, brb getting Almace and making threads on how to play blu

Oh wow butthurt much?

How does that mean I'm butthurt? I have a Masamune, not saying its hard to get, but I'm just saying that I have an emp so theres no reason why I would be butthurt.

And okay, I'll hate you too. I hate anyone who doesn't actually work on gearing/skilling up the job before they decide they should get a weapon like that.

No, its not relic or mythic, but thats not the point.
By BorealisV2 2011-02-25 15:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Huttburt*
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-25 15:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-25 19:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:

How does that mean I'm butthurt? I have a Masamune, not saying its hard to get, but I'm just saying that I have an emp so theres no reason why I would be butthurt.

And okay, I'll hate you too. I hate anyone who doesn't actually work on gearing/skilling up the job before they decide they should get a weapon like that.

I guess when you can lv a job to 90 in 3 days, and finish an empy(the best weapon for many jobs) in less than 1 week, this outcome is pretty inevitable. And we're just not used to it, since it used to take 1 year+ to lv one job to 75 and obtain the best weapon.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-04-10 20:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:

Oh wow butthurt much?

You are definitely mad.
 Ifrit.Creaucent
Server: Ifrit
user: Creaucent
By Ifrit.Creaucent 2011-04-11 11:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

this is my current QD set, wana get an Acinaces so i dont need to carry all these staffs. Gun is MAB+10 body has MAB+4 QD-5 delay.
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-04-11 11:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Creaucent said:

this is my current QD set, wana get an Acinaces so i dont need to carry all these staffs. Gun is MAB+10 body has MAB+4 QD-5 delay.

I'm a lil skeptical on the AF3 weapon, the staffs offer much more DMG but the dagger will save your TP while you're QD-ing, depends on what you're doing, if you're just rolling and healing, staffs will definitely make more sense, if you're providing ranged DD support as well, the dagger makes a bit more sense.

Also, Denali Legs are pretty sweet, and I'd throw in Rajas, it'll help you out better than the TOAU ring.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [193 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-10-21 18:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is currently what im using for my sets.

Melee TP set - Working on Epona's, Tiercel, Dusk+1 or Ocelot and Zelus Tiara

QD Set - Rings have MaB +2

QD TP Set - Still messing with a few pieces, but current Store TP is 56

Ratt/racc TP set - Working on Clearview, Gules+1 feet

Wildfire Set - Working on Pandinus Beret or maybe Oce. Headpiece

I understand that with all the new gear my sets could use some improvement. Any suggestions would be great incase im over looking something.
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-10-22 13:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For your WF set, I wear the Navarch's Culottes +2, they have Store TP+8 on them. For your /RA TP may i suggest Libeccio Mantle. WF Neck you could wear Houyi's Gorget, but i dont know if that is better then Artemis' Medal. Someone will need to do some math.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-23 06:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valdor said: »
For your WF set, I wear the Navarch's Culottes +2, they have Store TP+8 on them. For your /RA TP may i suggest Libeccio Mantle. WF Neck you could wear Houyi's Gorget, but i dont know if that is better then Artemis' Medal. Someone will need to do some math.

Artemis Medal/U.pendant has higher MAB, and MAB itself is more potent than AGI anyways. In terms of dmg both of them should win, unless that STP makes big difference.

For your sake of inv, I'd say just use A.medal/U.pendant which also works for QD.

Also have you done WoTG? That WoTG earring with regain augment is awesome. Can also put racc or rattk+4 on it, makes it better than other earring selection overall.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-23 07:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For QD off with the empy pants and put on a mab piece if you have it(Desultor Tassets, Nimue's tights..)

For the ranged set I use a qiqirn collar for neck; also navarch cape is only for snapshot set, I land my shots in terebellum(but Libeccio works too).
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-10-23 13:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Also have you done WoTG? That WoTG earring with regain augment is awesome. Can also put racc or rattk+4 on it, makes it better than other earring selection overall.
No, I havent finished WoTg yet, but ill start working on it for the earring.