Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2011-02-22 08:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi said:
They need to adjust all the relics, not just Aegis pales in comparison...
They already did boost the weapons
Well a supposedly 25% boost to a weak weaponskill after a ton of shitty trials won't do crap really, the only relic weaponskill that anyone still uses that I see is Mercy Stroke and that's only because you can force a critical with SA/TA; Hi/Jin completely destroy Metsu inside Abyssea (as do most critical weaponskills) and with all the new Subtle Blow gear I can cap it out without even using full merits which makes the aftermath even more useless now.

Maybe I'm a bit bitter I admit, but that's only because I worked on mine for 2 years time including all the trials and now a casual player can get a better weapon in 2-3 monthes and a hardcore player group probably in 1-2 weeks maybe less, ***the last trial for relics takes longer than that.

It's just there are so many more Aegis around that SE actually responds to them...
By Catsby 2011-02-22 12:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI was developed during a generation where the grind was an essential part of the MMO experience. Some of that old mentality is stuck there and it sucks( every single meaningless/unfulfilling trial in ToM)

In my opinion challenges should be a bit harder and more engaging but rewards more easily obtained( think assaults and campaign ops with point rewards instead of random drops). It would also be nice to see challenges not simply boiled down to killing NMs (looking at all those silly BCNM and KSNM fights nobody does or ever did and ToM).

Also, FFXI has double the number of playable classes that most MMOs I can think of have. At the same time it does little to encourage its players to level more than 1 job inside the tank-dd-healer-support paradigm it [used] to have going.

even though it sounds like I'm complaining I enjoy FFXI way more than I ever did and want to see more technical or mechanical changes before new content. There are so many events and systems that people don't participate in because they were so terribly executed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 12:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well a supposedly 25% boost to a weak weaponskill after a ton of shitty trials won't do crap really, the only relic weaponskill that anyone still uses that I see is Mercy Stroke and that's only because you can force a critical with SA/TA;
While the ftps on them were kinda low most of them had decently higher stat mods than most non empyrean ws.

Metatron Torment, Namas Arrow, Tachi: Kaiten, Coronach, Catastrophe, and Scourge are all very usuable with the boost. Granted they were situationally usuable without but meh. 25% dmg is kinda a big deal. And we wont be living in abyssea forever yo.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-02-22 12:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Catsby said:

There are so many events and systems that people don't participate in because they were so terribly executed.

Garrison, Brenner, Ballista, Eco-warrior, evolith hunts, ZNM, oh and does anyone do ANNM or SNM anymore? SE's biggest problem is they never understand balance, account for player resourcefulness, or just abandon ship(congrats on your efforts to achieve a level 100 craft, synergy content onry now) for what they think is the new flavor of the month. Let's all move back to whitegate!!

Maybe with the new Kindred Crest whatnot, they'll get it right?

Edit: I almost forgot. Despite all these failed ventures, I'm sure glad we get that summerfest stuff, new years costumes, the chocobo racing updates, and the letters Eggs that get you temp banned for spelling BLOW ME HARD. who cares about PLD being useless next to these things?!
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-02-22 13:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well a supposedly 25% boost to a weak weaponskill after a ton of shitty trials won't do crap really, the only relic weaponskill that anyone still uses that I see is Mercy Stroke and that's only because you can force a critical with SA/TA;
While the ftps on them were kinda low most of them had decently higher stat mods than most non empyrean ws.

Metatron Torment, Namas Arrow, Tachi: Kaiten, Coronach, Catastrophe, and Scourge are all very usuable with the boost. Granted they were situationally usuable without but meh. 25% dmg is kinda a big deal. And we wont be living in abyssea forever yo.

Bolded point really needs driven home. Kudos.

The problem with the playerbase is that overall people don't really try to peek into the future with conjectures on what could happen. Pretty much a given that we won't be in Abyssea forever-- we still have 9(10) more levels to go, and anything can happen Relic/Mythic wise. Especially now that SE is making big gains to close the communication gap between players and devs via Twitter.

Personally I believe at 99(100) Relics will be golden and on top again.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-22 13:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Bolded point really needs driven home. Kudos.

The problem with the playerbase is that overall people don't really try to peek into the future with conjectures on what could happen. Pretty much a given that we won't be in Abyssea forever-- we still have 9(10) more levels to go, and anything can happen Relic/Mythic wise. Especially now that SE is making big gains to close the communication gap between players and devs via Twitter.

Personally I believe at 99(100) Relics will be golden and on top again.
and certain mythics
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 13:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lvl 90 Death penalty is still pretty epic right now.

Actually for most part good mythics stay good bad ones stay bad. Brd smn drg and whm are still good. Blu kinda took a back seat as did dnc but meh. Pld may end up being pretty good...
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-02-22 13:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
lvl 90 Death penalty is still pretty epic right now.

Actually for most part good mythics stay good bad ones stay bad. Brd smn drg and whm are still good. Blu kinda took a back seat as did dnc but meh. Pld may end up being pretty good...

Save me Burtgang you're my only hope? I'm still surprised that with all the arcana in abyssea that Alexandrite still hasn't become accessible outside of salvage. that 90 Death Penalty is pretty nice...

Putting aside all the gear whatnot, I also hope for some decent storyline not just stuff to beat up. Abyssea leaves something to be desired storywise. I guess they figured all the item lootage would distract everyone.