More details on next update
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-19 11:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
I've been soloing and have capped my skills very early on in every level.

*edit* I noticed it once I dinged level 69 and as I was capped again by 2k exp into the level - it happened right from being uncapped again after getting new level.

Before the update, mobs had to be the same level as you, or higher to reach your skill cap. I'm assuming they simply lowered this level by 5-10. At lower levels, mobs start /checking as EP sooner than at higher levels which would explain this phenomenon.

Mobs have to be the same lvl as your skill(well now lower), not you. Meaning if you're a lvl 90 nin and fighting the bunnies in Cape Terrigon with a katana skill lvl = to that of a lvl 62 nin, you will get skill ups because they are still dc-em at that lvl. If your katana skill is that of a lvl 80 ninja then you would get 0 skill ups from the bunnies.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-19 11:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sorry for the shitty graphics:P
On my macbook atm, gotta turn the visuals down so I can dualbox without getting 5fps <_>
The fillmode pic shows a flux in the back behind the door, can target it and it's called Conflux #14.
So there's atleast up to 14, unless they decide not to add them for some reason <.>

Oh, if it wasnt clear I can target all of them, and they'r all called Conflux #number from 1-14, not just the one in the back :p
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-19 11:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:

*edit* I noticed it once I dinged level 69 and as I was capped again by 2k exp into the level - it happened right from being uncapped again after getting new level.

Before the update, mobs had to be the same level as you, or higher to reach your skill cap. I'm assuming they simply lowered this level by 5-10. At lower levels, mobs start /checking as EP sooner than at higher levels which would explain this phenomenon.
You could skill-up off a mob that would be EM or higher, if you were at the level where the skill you are trying to increase would be capped if it were A+ ranking.

If you're trying to skill up sword, and it's at level 100, since 102 is the A+ cap for a level 33 job, then you can still get skill-ups off a level 33 mob (for two more skill levels). If you're at level 90, that mob is going to be too weak by about 30 levels, but you'll still get skill-ups because your skill is that of a level 33 job. So after the update, instead of level 33 mobs no longer giving skill-ups once you hit 102 skill, they'll stop giving skill-ups when you hit 111 skill, which is capped A+ skill at level 36. Once you hit level 75, decent challenge mobs go down to 7 levels below, so previously a level 75 mob would stop giving you skill-ups the moment you hit 277 skill (1 more than A+ skill ranking at 75), now it will still give you skill-ups all the way up to level 82, or 313 skill. If it's a rank C+ or lower skill you're skilling up, you can almost use a level 76 mob all the way to level 90, because rank C+ skill cap at 90 is only 2 higher than A+ skill-cap at 82, and a level 76 mob is still dc if you're level 82.

This is super hard to explain, but basically, it doesn't matter a damn what your actual job level is, it's all about what your skill level is at. The reason you (Shayala) were getting skill-ups off an ep mob, is either because your skill is under-leveled, or because it's not an A+ skill. Nin doesn't have any A+ skills, so if it was katana or ninjutsu, you'll get skill-ups off a mob that is one level lower than dc. If it was anything else, like dagger, then you can still cap it on a mob that is about 10 levels lower than dc.

So for the most part, the update that changed skill-ups being possible from EM to DC didn't really change anything, it just means that you can go after some slightly easier mobs when you're capping your skills out for the last few levels. You'll still be skilling up in kuftal tunnel for your 100+ skills, but now you'll be able to hold off going to the tree until around 220 skill rather than 200.
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-02-19 12:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:

there's one near the pond in Grauberg [S}. Found it while helping someone with their Dnc AF2

That's for WotG missions.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-19 12:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

WoE adjustments? Hope there are more rewards. I haven't had much other issues with it. Got my 60 glory coins, 30 birth coins, 30 decay coins, and 30 ruin coins no problem. Coins drop like rain now, even when farming crabs.

New BCNM's, going to be interesting I'm sure. Kraken Club +2? Occ attacks 16 times? Anyways going to be fun seeing atma-less people doing high level BCNM's...
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-19 17:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Am I the only one who thought they may break the mdt cap with Aegis? Also some form of on shield block: effect would be nice to see, more so if it gets size 6. About all I can think of to make it on par with Ochain magical wise, 80% mdt go!

The way I see it, they won't raise the cap on MDT, unless of course they plan on raising every other cap in the game.
Having near immunity to magical attacks while you can still take damage from physical attacks doesn't make Aegis better.

It breaks Aegis PLDs.

They could, however, grant Aegis an "Occasionally absorbs magic damage" and have it work like Ochain's damage to MP conversion but convert damage to HP.

From what they said, they explicitly wanted the 2 shields to be situational and interchangeable so ,in theory, a top PLD should own both and swap them depending on whether he is fighting a strongly magic or phisical oriented foe.

Raise Aegis to size 6 and grant it the same damage conversion ability as Ochain's and you have what SE is planning.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-19 17:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably just gonna give Aegis some MDB along with the MDT :P
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-19 17:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
WoE adjustments? Hope there are more rewards. I haven't had much other issues with it. Got my 60 glory coins, 30 birth coins, 30 decay coins, and 30 ruin coins no problem. Coins drop like rain now, even when farming crabs.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-19 17:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
By Halfpint 2011-02-20 09:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

would like to see WoE be a like dynamis, stray ppl can't just wander in ..tired of leeches coming in...standing safely in a corner doing nothing then getting lots on the "good stuff" while the ppl that did all the work get next to nothing.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-02-20 09:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Halfpint said:
would like to see WoE be a like dynamis, stray ppl can't just wander in ..tired of leeches coming in...standing safely in a corner doing nothing then getting lots on the "good stuff" while the ppl that did all the work get next to nothing.

You can do that...?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-20 09:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Halfpint said:
You can do that...?
Sure as long as you do it before they progress too much but you tend to get beat out and you don't even get a chance at the top 5 chest.

Still the entire point of WoE is to be able to have people wander in. I mean my server only had 4 different fluxes unlocked... imagine the lines there would be especially with people soloing. Not to mention more people randomly joining in has helped me get wins I wouldn't have gotten.

Also the odds are generally in favor of people that did the work. Just more of them for 1 and then of course the top 5 chest.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-02-20 10:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

You could skill-up off a mob that would be EM or higher, if you were at the level where the skill you are trying to increase would be capped if it were A+ ranking.

If you're trying to skill up sword, and it's at level 100, since 102 is the A+ cap for a level 33 job, then you can still get skill-ups off a level 33 mob (for two more skill levels). If you're at level 90, that mob is going to be too weak by about 30 levels, but you'll still get skill-ups because your skill is that of a level 33 job. So after the update, instead of level 33 mobs no longer giving skill-ups once you hit 102 skill, they'll stop giving skill-ups when you hit 111 skill, which is capped A+ skill at level 36. Once you hit level 75, decent challenge mobs go down to 7 levels below, so previously a level 75 mob would stop giving you skill-ups the moment you hit 277 skill (1 more than A+ skill ranking at 75), now it will still give you skill-ups all the way up to level 82, or 313 skill. If it's a rank C+ or lower skill you're skilling up, you can almost use a level 76 mob all the way to level 90, because rank C+ skill cap at 90 is only 2 higher than A+ skill-cap at 82, and a level 76 mob is still dc if you're level 82.

This is super hard to explain, but basically, it doesn't matter a damn what your actual job level is, it's all about what your skill level is at. The reason you (Shayala) were getting skill-ups off an ep mob, is either because your skill is under-leveled, or because it's not an A+ skill. Nin doesn't have any A+ skills, so if it was katana or ninjutsu, you'll get skill-ups off a mob that is one level lower than dc. If it was anything else, like dagger, then you can still cap it on a mob that is about 10 levels lower than dc.

So for the most part, the update that changed skill-ups being possible from EM to DC didn't really change anything, it just means that you can go after some slightly easier mobs when you're capping your skills out for the last few levels. You'll still be skilling up in kuftal tunnel for your 100+ skills, but now you'll be able to hold off going to the tree until around 220 skill rather than 200.
I think you're a little confused, or else worded what you're saying kinda weird. Lower skill ranks don't let you skill on lower level mobs than higher skill ranks. It sounds like you're saying that if you had, say, a D skill you were leveling, you could cap it on a mob that would cap an A+ skill for the D level. For example, if a 75 WAR had 208 h2h skill (cap for 74), he could get to 210 (cap at 75) by fighting a level 62 mob (which caps at 212 for an A+ skill). That would not work. He'd still hafta fight a level 75 or higher mob to get to 210 (previous to the update). Now he'd hafta fight a mob level 68 or higher, since that's the minimum DC level at 75.

Using an example from my own skills: I've got 274 scythe skill on my 90 WAR. That's above the cap for 78, and below the cap for 79. So the lowest level mob I could get skillups on would be 72, since that's the lowest DC at 79. Once I got to 276 skill, I'd need level 73+ mobs.

And for the record, for those who don't know, the DC range throughout the levels is as follows:

1-30 - 1-2 levels below you
31-40 - 1-3 levels below you
41-50 - 1-4 levels below you
51-60 - 1-5 levels below you
61-70 - 1-6 levels below you
71-90 - 1-7 levels below you
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-20 10:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

I don't care who you are this is funny. I lol'ed.

I hope it doesn't turn into namis. I agree waiting for people to duo or solo zone would suck if you have a group up there for a clear.

What might be an interesting idea is if they adjusted drop rates and/or rewards/type of armor that would drop dependent on how many people enter zone. Kind of like at the carnival, if 3 people play the game you win a lousy small animal. But if 16 people play you get a really big lousy animal.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-20 10:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

"Occasionally Absorbs Magic Damage" is what I'm betting. Would be nice is they'd follow Aegis's Actual mythology and give it a "Reflect" Effect, though that might prove troublesome on things like Apademak.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-20 10:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

"Occasionally Absorbs Magic Damage" is what I'm betting. Would be nice is they'd follow Aegis's Actual mythology and give it a "Reflect" Effect, though that might prove troublesome on things like Apademak.
Troublesome, but hilarious.

Kyrial, that's exactly what I was saying, I've never tested it I just thought that's how it always worked. I may have to give it a test now though, because I thought it was totally based on the skill level regardless of the skill ranking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-02-20 10:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Kyrial, that's exactly what I was saying, I've never tested it I just thought that's how it always worked. I may have to give it a test now though, because I thought it was totally based on the skill level regardless of the skill ranking.
I've tested it myself plenty, and it's always worked the way I described. I am something of a skillup fiend, having leveled WAR originally just for all the weapons to skillup. :P
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-02-20 11:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
Odin.Blazza said:
I've tested it myself plenty, and it's always worked the way I described. I am something of a skillup fiend, having leveled WAR originally just for all the weapons to skillup. :P
It is indeed as Kyrial describes. Your skill ranking matched to the cap of the level you are fighting is what effects skill ups. I remember how much of a bear it was to level my weapons on Steelshells back in the day, because once you get into the 74~75 cap range you had to find the even match/tough ones, and sometimes there weren't any, so you had to kill simply to make them repop. I enjoyed it though :p WSNMs 14/14, 9 of them done on Warrior pre-abyssea.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-20 11:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:

Mobs have to be the same lvl as your skill(well now lower), not you. Meaning if you're a lvl 90 nin and fighting the bunnies in Cape Terrigon with a katana skill lvl = to that of a lvl 62 nin, you will get skill ups because they are still dc-em at that lvl. If your katana skill is that of a lvl 80 ninja then you would get 0 skill ups from the bunnies.

This is what I meant. If you were a level 62 nin fighting level 62 mobs, you could cap your skills to that of a level 62 nin. What I stated is that if you want to CAP your skills, they had to be even match (same level as you) or higher.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-02-20 11:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

Q: I've always found it inconvenient that the compass/radar and other vital information are hidden when engaged in combat. Can we expect any interface tweaks?

A: Yes. With the next major version update, we intend to make the compass visible in combat. Players have also expressed wishes for a fix to keep the macro palette from covering the casting gauge and status icons, and we will be looking to address this in the future.
Did this scare anyone else? I'm afraid of a major *** up that they'll most likely do. OH, now you can't see ANYTHING while you're fighting due to ***covering the mob/your character?! Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused! Working as intended!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-20 11:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Q: I've always found it inconvenient that the compass/radar and other vital information are hidden when engaged in combat. Can we expect any interface tweaks?

A: Yes. With the next major version update, we intend to make the compass visible in combat. Players have also expressed wishes for a fix to keep the macro palette from covering the casting gauge and status icons, and we will be looking to address this in the future.
Did this scare anyone else? I'm afraid of a major *** up that they'll most likely do. OH, now you can't see ANYTHING while you're fighting due to ***covering the mob/your character?! Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused! Working as intended!
I don't see this as causing a problem, unless you run the game in a very low resolution.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-20 21:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I figure they'll just move the casting gauge down 20 pixels, and chuck the compass above or beside the battle menu, I'd be surprised if anyone actually uses the magic sub-menus anyway.

And in reference to the discussion on my post about skill-ups: ***. Guess you can ignore that entire post lol. Well, half the post, but the two points are integrated :(

So does that mean that if you have, say, pld and thf leveled, that you could skill your club up on pld, and get it higher than cap for thf, on lower level mobs than thf could cap it on? So on pld, you could get it to skill 255 on level 73 mobs, whilst thf would need level 90 mobs? (pre-update)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-20 22:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

i've been 26/30 glory for like at least a week now, 60 birth coins during the while and COUNTLESS frayed advancement/decay pouches,,

could've made not just once, but kannagi twice now with the time i've blown in this shitty zone, but NOPE, i'm stubborn and want this one to hold me down until i get it the real thing done
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-02-20 22:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i really hope they dont just make the compass over your battle menu while engaged and put casting lower so you can see it under macrobook.

to me im thinking of the screen looking like a clusterf@ck :/
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-20 22:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
i've been 26/30 glory for like at least a week now, 60 birth coins during the while and COUNTLESS frayed advancement/decay pouches,, could've made not just once, but kannagi twice now with the time i've blown in this shitty zone, but NOPE, i'm stubborn and want this one to hold me down until i get it the real thing done

You'll get there eventually. I actually got the bulk of my coins before they upped the drop rate.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-20 23:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

getting there eventually! = shouldn't require a full *** week for a weapon that takes longer than the actual weapon itself

they need to make woe like broherjar where your points are accumulated and then you can spend it at an npc instead of getting endless amounts of coins you'll never *** use
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-02-20 23:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a feeling they would deal with WOE, how it was, that you would go in, and do the event, but the mobs were a slight bit hard, but also how you could exit out and come back in if you lost a lot, and the leechers could come back in and lot once more.

I heard a lot of End game ls went up there and lost a few good coin and was just left in awe and were certainly left P.O'd about the situation, and just called Gms to see if there was a way to circumvent the problem at hand, leaving the situation with the Gm's hands tied saying " I'm sorry there is nothing to do, and I feel for you."

Hopefully ,this does get looked at and/or rectified.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-20 23:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is English your first language?
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith