First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-02-17 11:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
According to some middle eastern cults, it was actually God that created hell. However, contrary to the bible and some other popular religious tomes, it was two, and not one angel that was banned to Hell. Lucifer, originally, for opposing the creation of the universe, then Asmodeus (aslo known as Behezubulb) for opposing the creation of man.

When i saw the movie Constantine. I just saw things very differently.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-17 11:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
According to some middle eastern cults, it was actually God that created hell. However, contrary to the bible and some other popular religious tomes, it was two, and not one angel that was banned to Hell. Lucifer, originally, for opposing the creation of the universe, then Asmodeus (aslo known as Behezubulb) for opposing the creation of man.

When i saw the movie Constantine. I just saw things very differently.

Constantine holds more weight than the bible in my eyes
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-02-17 11:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
committing suicide is a cowardly and overwhelmingly selfish act
I'm surprised to see you so close-minded, hopefully it's just the context that's skewing this.

I have no idea why you, or anyone, would consider suicide to a brave or selfless act.
It is cowardly, and selfish. And I'm not "closed-minded" for expressing this truth.
I agree fully. Ending your existence here on earth is completely selfish, and obviously not well enough thought out. Doing it as an expression is moronic beyond what words can convey.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-17 11:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Some say that suicide is the purest form of self expression. It's certainly a depressing thought. For those directly involved and for those who even hear of it. I think what's so depressing is what drives a person to this extreme act. We can only speculate.
No wonder why Lucifer created hell.
Lucifer didn't actually create hell.
It was Gabriel!!!
Nowhere in the Bible is Satan described as ruling over or being in Hell. Throughout the Bible Satan is described as constantly on Earth, and the Book of Revelation says that after Judgment Satan will be cast into Hell.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-17 11:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I'm surprised to see you so close-minded, hopefully it's just the context that's skewing this.

I have no idea why you, or anyone, would consider suicide to a brave or selfless act.
It is cowardly, and selfish. And I'm not "closed-minded" for expressing this truth.
depends what type of society you live in and the social norms that surround you.
i'm pretty sure it wasn't seen as cowardly and selfish in other cultures, not saying that you are wrong in all cases with this.
but as everything.
situational is situational.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-17 11:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

I'm gonna be with Elan on this one. One of the 7 deadly sins is Sloth, which in lamens terms means to be lazy and be willing to fail at life. Sloth is broken up into two sub-sins, Acedia (neglect) and Despair. I'm sure most of you who suffer from depression would know the symptoms for Despair which ultimately leads to suicide. And according to God, harming your own body (which is His temple) is the most sinful thing man could do, which in the end leads to the worst kind of punishment in Hell.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-02-17 11:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Constantine holds more weight than the bible in my eyes

Word! End of days too. i felt a bit inspire when Arnold drop the machine gun and ask god for help.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-17 11:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

I'm gonna be with Elan on this one. One of the 7 deadly sins is Sloth, which in lamens terms means to be lazy and be willing to fail at life. Sloth is broken up into two sub-sins, Acedia (neglect) and Despair. I'm sure most of you who suffer from depression would know the symptoms for Despair which ultimately leads to suicide. And according to God, harming your own body (which is His temple) is the most sinful thing man could do, which in the end leads to the worst kind of punishment in Hell.

Because we all act on what the bible tells us.

You people seem to forget that this feels like the ONLY way out. They have nothing else to turn to.

They can't just perk up one day and say "Well wasn't I being silly, let's go for a chinese"

Death feels like peace after lots and lots of anguish.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-17 11:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

Seppuku.
/end point.

and also.
different strokes for different folks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-02-17 11:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we all going to heaven?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-17 11:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
no, according to The Mormons, everyone is going to Hell except for a chosen few, like 200 ppl or some ***.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-02-17 11:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
No, heaven is only for dogs
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-02-17 11:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
No, heaven is only for dogs

<< Part wolf...
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-02-17 11:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I see "attempts" and people who really try, but get caught, and people who actually pull it off. I know some people will disagree, but most of the ones I run seem to be associated with mental WEAKNESS, and the inability to cope with emotion, and change in a timely manner.

I run the occasional slicer (teenage chick that cuts herself for attention) but hell more kids resort to running away rather than cutting, but it's all for the same reason.. whether they admit it, ir ever realize it themselves, most people do it for attention.. or they think if they do something to themselves, the'll be able to look at a certain someone suffer.. all the while watching them suffer from outside some imaginary window.

Then you've got folks who have terminal illnesses or who feel like theyre a burden and do it to end the pain... those are the only ones i really ever feel for.

all-in-all, suicide is caused by any number of negative feelings...I've known several people who have done it, and sadly people in my line of work who have done it b/c of a call they ran... or something they've seen... basically.. me boiling it down to a basic starting point of mental weakness and the inability to realize ***happens and you have to move on and learn to adapt.
 Titan.Wombat
Server: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-02-17 11:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

Other than the bolded, none of that is in the Bible. It's all just Catholic Tradition. And, in the Bible, the bolded is only applied to sex (particularly with pagan temple prostitutes), and literally nothing else.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-02-17 11:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Nowhere in the Bible is Satan described as ruling over or being in Hell. Throughout the Bible Satan is described as constantly on Earth, and the Book of Revelation says that after Judgment Satan will be cast into Hell.
In parts of Job, Hasatan (The Deceiver) is actually in heaven talking to God.
o.o
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-17 12:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had the balls to commit suicide.
Does that make me like a double-coward since I'm too cowardly to take a cowardly way out?

Titan.Wombat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

o.o
yup god allows one of his followers to be punished to prove a point.
yayay :D.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-02-17 12:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I've never had the balls to commit suicide.
Does that make me like a double-coward since I'm too cowardly to take a cowardly way out?
Sho does.

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Titan.Wombat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

o.o
yup god allows one of his followers to be punished to prove a point.
yayay :D.
Sho did.
=D
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-17 12:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Wombat said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

Other than the bolded, none of that is in the Bible. It's all just Catholic Tradition. And, in the Bible, the bolded is only applied to sex (particularly with pagan temple prostitutes), and literally nothing else.
Well, I am Catholic, so Im just going with the *** they spoonfed me all those years.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-17 12:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Titan.Wombat said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

Well, I am Catholic, so Im just going with the *** they spoonfed me all those years.
Catholic tradition =/= bible
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-17 12:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Titan.Wombat said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

Catholic tradition =/= bible
I didnt mention anything about the bible. I was looking at the poet Dante's Divine Comedy poem.
 Titan.Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-02-17 12:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I didnt mention anything about the bible. I was looking at the poet Dante's Divine Comedy poem.
I've only read "Inferno" but it was surprisingly entertaining. From a strictly theological standpoint, it's a mess. Still, it's an entertaining mess.

Sort of like Constantine and End of Days, which were mentioned earlier.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-02-17 14:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

@Raborn I am truly sorry for your loss. I had a friend make that choice too and it left me wishing I had done something more to help somehow. But I don't think I could have, I never saw it coming. To me he seemed to have it all. He was a handsome kid he had a hot gf, cool parents and was well liked by everyone at school. But in his eyes, he saw his life as an unbearable burden to all those around him. His gf got pregnant, he was failing most of senior classes, he had no job and he just checked out.

His mom had answers for all those problems she would have helped with the baby, he could have gone to summer school, gotten a part time job and everything would have been o.k.

But at the time those problems to him must have seemed insurmountable, he was overwhelmed and he didn't talk about it with anyone. It just all built up and he just imploded and it's such a *** waste. I wish I had some answers but it's been over twenty five years and I still can't make much sense out of it.

again sorry, that's a shitty thing to have to go through.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-17 14:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Luces said:
*dispatch*we have an attempted suicide with pills.. Arrive on scene girl is saying shes in a lot of pain and its getting worse. We ask her what she took and how many, she points to the bottle of Tylenol and says the whole thing. The paramedic on scene overviews the medicine and prepares active charcoal, while I do the examination. Shes already showing signs of Jaundice and I alert the paramedic. We finish the examination after loading her in the bus and call the hospital so they can have a doctor ready... to pronounce her dead. There is nothing we can do she took way to much acetaminophen so by the time we got there it was to late to pump her stomach. We inform her and she looses it telling us about how just wanted attention and didn't plan on dieing. Telling a girl that shes dieing, and on top of that a very painful death and there is nothing we can do but let her die and hold her hand as she just can't accept shes dieing, screaming "I'm not suppose to die I just didn't want to be ignored" "I'm not really dieing your just scarring me." "Please stop please tell me I'm not dieing fix me, save me, please I don't want to die I never did". All you can say is sorry your liver is already gone. Thought she could take a bottle of Tylenol and just get her stomached pumped, sorry you will nuke your liver doing this.
Ok, one question... Why would you tell her she was going to die? Isn't that kinda mean? I mean yeah it's the truth but if there is truly nothing you can do wouldn't it be nicer to let her hold hope in the last minutes of her life?
Knowing is always better than not knowing
In this situation I disagree. The amount of stress knowing there is no way you can live is too cruel a thing to put someone through. If she wasn't going to die yeah, but if there is literally nothing anyone can do I think it's far kinder to just let her hold hope.

If anyone did that to me I would make sure I could come back as a ghost just to kill them. It is a far more offensive, rude, and disrespectful to not tell someone they are dieing. If we are trapped in a cave in the middle of no where yeah if you didn't tell me I wouldn't come back and kill you but I would haunt you for a bit. If the girl could have got a hold of herself she could have made some goodbye phone calls at least. I have no idea how somewhere in your head that telling someone their going to be alright as they are dieing is ethically and morally right. We didn't sit there repeating your dieing, reminding her it was basically a 25min *** drive, before she died, trying to get this girl to accept what was happening so should try and square away some stuff before dieing.

Want to know something about EMT's? we can't legally declare someone dead so after the girl died in the bus we had to give her cpr until arriving at the hospital taking her out and continuing cpr until a doctor declares her dead. So we, EMTs, tend to be extremely mentally *** up before ever signing up for the job. WE don't get to play this nice little mommy that shelters you from the realities of the world.
I honestly don't know how Flion couldn't understand this.
i'd imagine they try to treat everyone the same for a lot more reasons than just that though.
You could easily argue that feeling that you had to hide it from them could be selfish.
But this argument has existed for years.
To tell or not to tell? That is the question.
Essentially it goes to the whole situational is situational clause.
But the difference between telling someone and not telling someone could cost you your job, could cause a lawsuit...could really cause quite a few things I'd imagine.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-02-17 14:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I really don't appreciate the idea that you have to suffer eternal damnation as an end result of trying to escape a world of anguish.

When everything in your life sucks so bad that the only possible conclusion that you can come up with is suicide, it's really not comforting to know that not only did you make every living person in your life miserable, but you just made your own soul miserable for eternity.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-02-17 14:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bambi never committed suicide when his mommy was shot.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-17 14:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Dear OP,

Tell your friend's carcass, at his funeral, that he is a dumbass. No girl is worth dying over.
wait, he died over a girl?

That's not suicide, thats Natural Selection running its course.
My guess from the OP's first sentence:
Raborn said:
Recently had a friend commit suicide, Valentine's Day to be exact.
Either he got turned down by the girl of his dreams (who would probably use him for his money) or he got dumped or he was forever alone.

Honestly, people who kill themselves over anything are just morons.
no, Natural Selection waited for V-Day to get his friend to kill himself.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-17 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Wombat said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I've only read "Inferno" but it was surprisingly entertaining. From a strictly theological standpoint, it's a mess. Still, it's an entertaining mess.

Sort of like Constantine and End of Days, which were mentioned earlier.
I started to read it, but I had to do some work. I will print it out and read it later.
By sefalon 2011-02-17 14:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe in god ...when you die your just dead. The concept of hell is to scare you into being good person so people of power can control you. Why would the devil punish you for doing bad things you are one of his boys. God is a bitter person last I check the devil is not out writing books about god and telling him what a jerk he is.

True story my sister boyfriend shot himself 6 months after she broke up with him then 6MON later his mom hung herself and to top it off the dad drank himself to death few. Years later. My sister is now and probably forever on meds for depression.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8