This Is Why Christians Should Not Make Music.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » This is why christians should not make music.
This is why christians should not make music.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-15 18:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol solid state record(predominantly christian label) band, those who followed that scene, here's a quote, speaking about the christian music scene in regards to a band i mention after the quotes:

Quote:
Alright.
We’ve all heard rumors and whatnot about everyone. I was told by concert promoters that The Agony Scene has shown up late and drunk to gigs at Christian venues. If that was the case, it might be easy to understand why that might make people who work in this scene uneasy to work with The Agony Scene. Why or why would you not want to remain inside or part of the Christian music scene?
Why would you not want to remain inside part of the Christian music scene?

Or why would you?
Why would you? I have no idea! I would never want to remain part of the Christian music scene at all. I don’t want to have anything to do with it, honestly. It just absolutely disgusts me. That’s totally cool. Believe whatever you want. That’s awesome, but I just… Nailing down music and just really what is just like a connection between people just as, like, music and stuff to just one religion or something just seems really ridiculous to me. Not only that, but it’s probably one of the most biased scenes or industries I’ve ever seen in my entire life. It’s gotta be the most money-hungry thing I’ve ever seen in my life, honestly. I don’t really care. I mean, everything that I’ve ever… Not everything, but tons of stuff I’ve experienced with the Christian industry is just people marketing bands to just make money off of ‘em. I don’t know. They know they have their guaranteed Christian fans there, so they just, like… I don’t know. It really disgusts me. The focus, I think, is really on the wrong thing. I really don’t want to have anything to do with the Christian scene. It’s not that I don’t want Christians to listen to our music. That’s awesome. Please do, but listen to our music because of our music; not because of what we believe. Mike’s an amazing lyricist and I think he has a lot of good things to say. And so do a lot of other people, who don’t believe the same thing as Christians. I think that it’s just ridiculous that anybody would even consider not listening. That’s a blind, foolish thing that even, you know, Jesus never even taught – to just not listen to anybody because they believe differently. That’s just… I don’t know. I don’t want to have anything to do with people that are just going to be that blind – to stop… But that’s my take on things.

How do you think The Agony Scene got hooked up with that scene?
Pardon? Say that again.

How do you think The Agony Scene got labeled as a Christian band or hooked up with the Christian music scene?
Because we were on Solid State Records and that’s just a common misperception by their core Christian fans. Like I was just explaining, there’s just those guaranteed however many thousands of kids that will buy any CD just cuz it comes out on Solid State. Just like, ‘Oh, here’s Christian rock. It’s available for me.’ I think that, just because our CD came out on Solid State, people just assumed that’s what it was. Solid State’s not a label that puts out music for Christian kids who only listen to Christian music to listen to. Maybe they are now. I don’t know how they’re running, but I don’t think so. I think that’s pretty much how that came about.
this is an exerpt from an HM interview with the drummer from a band called the agony scene which was signed to an all christian(spare them i do believe) band label. while their lyrics were not christian.
so they had their typical solid state christian fans blindly buying anything solid state because it's a christian label lol.
and then getting pissed because the lyrics aren't all that christian..lol.

more on the link:

link

Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-02-15 18:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

have nice nightmares ppl.

gotta love christian tv bible sessions:
By Siguein 2011-02-15 19:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all forgetting that without Christian influence we wouldn't have this guy.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-15 19:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siguein said:
You're all forgetting that without Christian influence we wouldn't have this guy.

I just saw him last week, he got 2 burritos and a Corona.
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2011-02-15 20:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are some groups that i know are christian bands and don't try to sneak in their message.

And then of course groups like Whitecross, Shout, Petra, Stryper, Bloodgood, Idle Cure. If you don't like this stuff then don't listen. i didn't post these to give fuel for people to be rude to me, just giving examples of good christian rock bands that i have listened to throughout my life.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-02-15 20:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

But I like veggie tales!

Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras