This Is Why Christians Should Not Make Music.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » This is why christians should not make music.
This is why christians should not make music.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-15 12:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not getting involved in this more than to say that Creed is not a Christian rock band.

Their lead singer is a Christian, and some of their lyrics have Christian references, but they are not a Christian rock band, and never have been.

I'm not a huge fan of their music, but its always bothered me that media outlets labeled Creed as "Christian Rock", and were completely wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-15 13:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd think that at least considers them partly a Christian band.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-15 13:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Christian rap...

cats in hear sound better.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-15 14:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What bothers me about all these recent attempts to make religious music "cool" and "hip" is that in order to do so, they jumble up their message, or try to sneak the message in without the listener realizing it's religious music at first. I *** hate bands like Flyleaf, Evanescence, etc, who try to take abrasive rock music, and sneak in their little message, all while still appealing to the lowest common denominator to sell more records.

I think what bothers me even more is that religious music stopped being simply proclamations and attestations of faith, and turned into shameless advertising/recruitment tools. Faith in your god is not "cool" or "hip", it's not supposed to be a fad you jump into as a teen, it's a choice you make of how to live your life into eternity. It's about as cool as your parents giving you sex advice. Faith should never be about "coolness", it's a deep held belief. The corporate recruitment of people to Christianity is one of the things that turned me Agnostic; God shouldn't need commercials.

At least satanic death-metal is pretty clear up front what it's about.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
Server: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-02-15 14:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
What bothers me about all these recent attempts to make religious music "cool" and "hip" is that in order to do so, they jumble up their message, or try to sneak the message in without the listener realizing it's religious music at first. I *** hate bands like Flyleaf, Evanescence, etc, who try to take abrasive rock music, and sneak in their little message, all while still appealing to the lowest common denominator to sell more records.

I think what bothers me even more is that religious music stopped being simply proclamations and attestations of faith, and turned into shameless advertising/recruitment tools. Faith in your god is not "cool" or "hip", it's not supposed to be a fad you jump into as a teen, it's a choice you make of how to live your life into eternity. It's about as cool as your parents giving you sex advice. Faith should never be about "coolness", it's a deep held belief. The corporate recruitment of people to Christianity is one of the things that turned me Agnostic; God shouldn't need commercials.

At least satanic death-metal is pretty clear up front what it's about.
Agreed. Corporate, Western Christianity is choking the life out of the Christian faith.

Since when has faith ever been quantity > quality?

As someone who has major respect for Jesus and what Christianity stood for in its earliest forms, it's painful to watch what most of "the church" has become.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-15 14:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

good lord that pokemon one was terrible, as soon as it got to the chorus it was just... no....
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-15 14:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

that pokemon clip just making me say JESUS CHRIST THEY'RE AWFUL...

And that "Christian Ladies", it made me appreciate those shameless, *** guzzling college co-eds even more.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-15 15:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

christian music you say?

how about some christian rap?

old people are the new scantily-glad women
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-02-15 15:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me 20 seconds to shut that video off. /charlton heston
Damn you Spicyryan! Damn you all to hell!!!

sorry I couldn't find a shorter one skip to 2:18

Cerberus.Starr
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-15 15:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
I'd think that at least considers them partly a Christian band.
By your logic then Kanye West is partly a christian artist?
If he believes in God and has made a song that is Christian aimed.
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-02-15 16:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

how about this... I'll amend your topic. "This is why 'Stupid People' should not be allowed to make music."

The pokemon people were corny and horrible. The purity ring nonsense is *shudders*.

Then again... look at all the people trying out for american idol. *shivers*

Only stupid people are breeding, cretins cloning and feeding and I don't even own a tv...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-02-15 16:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
And that "Christian Ladies", it made me appreciate those shameless, *** guzzling college co-eds even more.

lol riiiiiiight, I'm sure you were a beast at parties.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-15 16:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Not getting involved in this more than to say that Creed is not a Christian rock band.

Their lead singer is a Christian, and some of their lyrics have Christian references, but they are not a Christian rock band, and never have been.

I'm not a huge fan of their music, but its always bothered me that media outlets labeled Creed as "Christian Rock", and were completely wrong.

Damn it, here I am agreeing with Elan again.
P.O.D. is christian rock, no?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-15 16:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My answer is just cause you beleive in an invisible man doesn't mean you suck at everything.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Daemun
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-02-15 16:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Arawn said:

Only stupid people are breeding, cretins cloning and feeding and I don't even own a tv...
I smell a vague Green Day reference
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-15 16:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

lol riiiiiiight, I'm sure you were a beast at parties.
no, I was the social butterfly
By AsuraVanzan 2011-02-15 17:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I commend their efforts. It's better than doing nothing and/or negatively living out their faith. Looks like they were having fun as well. Wow, imagine that, a young Christian in today's society living out their faith and not ashamed of it. What a concept.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-15 17:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

NotAsuraVanzan said:
It's better than doing nothing and/or negatively living out their lack of faith. Looks like they were having fun as well. Wow, imagine that, a young Atheist in today's society living out their lack of faith and not ashamed of it. What a concept.

Had to even it out with it's antithesis.

Post deleted by User.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-02-15 17:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
NotAsuraVanzan said:
It's better than doing nothing and/or negatively living out their lack of faith. Looks like they were having fun as well. Wow, imagine that, a young Atheist in today's society living out their lack of faith and not ashamed of it. What a concept.

Had to even it out with it's antithesis.

you can do better than this. :( /sadface
also, you fail as a troll

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
AsuraVanzan said:
Personally I commend their efforts. It's better than doing nothing and/or negatively living out their faith. Looks like they were having fun as well. Wow, imagine that, a young Christian in today's society living out their faith and not ashamed of it. What a concept.
Spicy, I know for a fact u can troll better than that
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-02-15 17:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ifrit.Arawn said:

I smell a vague Green Day reference

Nope, Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta

Its a good song if the only one they're even remotely known for. Of course, I'm not omniscient so I could be ignorant of them quoting Green Day...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-15 17:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

WHYISASURAINTHISPARTSURAVanzan said:
you can do better than this. :( /sadface
also, you fail as a troll
people always tell me this.
but why the *** do you shits always want me to be a troll?
i fail as a troll because i'm not a troll ya dip.
:D

it's not like i need to uphold some trolls rule of etiquette and only must post the highest quality of trolling...
wait nvm that ***is up to interpretation and even if i did impress you i would fail to impress someone else.
so i am sorry that my previous reply did not succeed in causing you to get your jollies...:(
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-15 17:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yojimmbo said:
Siguein said:
Without Christian influence we wouldn't have this guy.
Did'nt he get kicked off FFXI for bots?
he was a taru.
[+]
 Valefor.Saiji
Server: Valefor
user: saiji
By Valefor.Saiji 2011-02-15 18:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

first, a7x is prolly my fav band but they arent a christian band. there name and a song title are from the bible but other then that, they have songs about cannibalism, necrophilia and doing lots and lots of drugs lol

i for one, i dont believe in god. the "man in the sky" is whatever you want it to be. Invention of Lying, great movie.

People however do have the right to express their christian faith/message w/e however they want to. if hard rock/screamo/metal is their type of music they enjoy listening to, why shouldnt they be able to make music that way? Underoath, bad *** band, great live show, yes the singer stops mid show to preach but then they go back to doing what they do.

whoever posted the as i lay dying vid... good call

Post deleted by User.