Making hexa better
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24
 Asura.Alkimi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-02-17 00:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted my set, not sure if you can get a whole lot better than this (imo anyway)

Hexa Strike Setup

Pretty much all attack/accuracy based with STR thrown in where there's nothing better for the slot. Ignored MND completely.

Performs decently outside Abyssea, inside I've rarely been beaten on damage.

If you don't have moogle hat with DD augments then I'd recommend Rokugo Hachimaki (12 acc, 5 club skill).

Cape was a bit of luck on my part but if you cba repeating the moogle fight for a chance at a decent augmented cape then Aesir Mantle is probably your next best bet.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-17 00:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

9 pages!!!!
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-17 04:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
9 pages!!!!

/pops a bottle!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2011-04-14 11:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alkimi said:
Posted my set, not sure if you can get a whole lot better than this (imo anyway)

Hexa Strike Setup

Pretty much all attack/accuracy based with STR thrown in where there's nothing better for the slot. Ignored MND completely.

Performs decently outside Abyssea, inside I've rarely been beaten on damage.

If you don't have moogle hat with DD augments then I'd recommend Rokugo Hachimaki (12 acc, 5 club skill).

Cape was a bit of luck on my part but if you cba repeating the moogle fight for a chance at a decent augmented cape then Aesir Mantle is probably your next best bet.

I'm curious if you've done some tests... say, removing Mar's Ring and replacing it with Flamesoul Ring (STR+7) and comparing consistent numbers?

I've been trying to learn what I can about weapon skills, since I'm just WHM SMN COR I never went the extra mile.. I would imagine 7 STR would out perform 8 attack (at the expense of accuracy though) if we're talking purely "bigger numbers".

Also, my current work in progress set:

Some obvious problems, but suggestions always appreciated. Culacula is 5/50 for Empyrean btw. Offhand is Naboot+2 (almost, not done yet)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Corrin
Server: Siren
By Siren.Corrin 2011-04-14 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess everything is situational but the only ws where I would flat out say not to wear brutal is asuran fists. Otherwise I really cant imagine when you would want something else.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-14 12:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

pyrosoul ring has -MND

It'd probably be better to stick with a strigoi ring or Vulcan's ring if you wanted more STR

Given the low TP and WS modifiers i think even keen ring or excelsis ring would affect Hexa better than a +7 STR, -3MND ring
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-08 15:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Pretty sure the OA2-4 naboot +2 is your best offhand, unless of course you can get the KC. Here's what a top WHM TP set will look like (don't mind the clubs, they're just an example)

and possibly the top Hexa set

In abyssea you might be better off with DA one especially if you using DA/TA atmas.

DW on the redingcoat right? Assuming abyssea you are kinda overaccuracied on anything you'd actually consider meleeing so I'd put in more store tp in your tp set.

For hexa. Flame satchet. Maybe ire torque +1. Keep brutal on. Potentia cape if you don't spam addons to get your awesome cape. Beir Belt +1. Aqua ring instead of rajas.
Dasva! We're talking about Hexa again! Gotta bump the 9 page topic of epicness!
I'm a bit tired... is this just a general lets get to 9 pages for anye or referring to something specific?
BUUUUMP
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-08 15:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Gilgamesh.Rya
Server: Gilgamesh
user: TheRya
By Gilgamesh.Rya 2011-05-17 16:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There seemed to be a lot of confusion as to the value of STR vs MND, since STR has stand-alone benefits, and both are 20% mods.

((( Disclaimer: I made this spreadsheet superfast, so please chime in if I'm mistaken! )))

Similar to DEX being beneficial only in a certain (and hard-to-predict) range, one of STR's benefits (fSTR) actually has this same "problem" -- beyond the min/max values of fSTR, it won't do anything. It used to be a pretty safe assumption that WHM will be within this range (uncapped). However, with cruor buffs, martellostuff, and atmas like Stout Arm (anyone using that?), Abyssea could put your WS set over the cap.

The image below makes a few assumptions, then moves along the range of fSTR showing the benefit of STR inside and outside that range. The assumptions are:
DMG:54 weapon, ATT=500; mob has VIT=100, DEF=500

--If you are above the cap, (STR+1) is about equal to (ATT+1), and just under (MND+2) due to resulting attack.
--If you are below the cap, (STR+1) becomes equal to (ATT+5~10), and around (MND+7.5).

---------------------------

The second image shows how your current attack affects the "value" of STR&MND by comparison:

If your attack is low, ATT+ becomes more valuable (ATT+10 = STR+2 = MND+16)
If your attack is even, ATT+ is very close to MND (ATT+10 = STR+1.5 = MND+10)
If your attack is high, ATT+ becomes less valuable (ATT+10 = STR+1 = MND+7)

Obviously your numbers will be slightly different, but provided you're below fSTR cap, some quick math indicates that Flora Cotehardie should beat a Royal Redingote with ATT+10... in many (likely) situations...

wow...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
By IcepickD 2011-07-11 23:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, this is my first post to the forums, being a casual observer. I just completed the Double Attack Naboot+2 (70dmg, 10% double attack) for my Whinja. Here is my current Hexa build:

I was lucky enough to procure a Tabin Jupon +1, and I've compared my WSs out of Abyssea and it seems I do average better damage with it over Augur's Jaseran or the Reverend Mail.

The Resilient Mantle has an augment of +1 STR, +17 attack.

As my final X # monsters trial was 30 Piasa in Abyssea - La Theine, my average hexa's were 1800, using a Molva Maul with Meat Mithkabob, Atmas of Razed Ruin, Siren Shadow and Minikin Monstrocity. Having had to solo 12 of them, I needed the slight evasion advantage with Siren Shadow. After trial completion, I killed Piasa again with _no_ food, but same atmas, and my average Hexa's were 2200.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 00:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about everything, but this is probably near the ideal set.

Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 00:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait until Randgrith does epic damage.... =3
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-12 00:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Serj, what have I told you about being in WHM threads...? >:|
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 00:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST DD WHM EVAR! Seriously, I'll lvl whm when I buy the currency for a Mjollnir.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-12 00:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST DD WHM EVAR! Seriously, I'll lvl whm when I buy the currency for a Mjollnir.
You and your fishing, lol
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-12 00:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
What have I told you about being in threads other than Dhalmel and lolSAM threads? :|
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 00:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat club.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-07-12 00:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay!!! Praise the revival of the 9 page WHM Hexa topic :D

Onto page 10 gooooo
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-12 00:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
What have I told you about being in threads other than Dhalmel and lolSAM threads? :|
D:
By IcepickD 2011-07-12 00:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Working your way to "the best" is one step at a time. I've not worked on any other magian clubs as of yet, trying to toy with the idea of the DEX/accuracy or STR/attack one for offhand, but Kclub or multihit Naboot is a more appealing option.

My ACP body is dedicated to my DNC for right now, but with Loki's Kaftan and AF3 body now, I'm starting to reconsider its use.

Josiahfk: I tried soloing Piasa with normal haste set + gnarled horn, with its double attack rate and my nominal evasion on WHM, it'd beat me down faster than I could get shadows up, I had to use an evasion set and Siren Shadow for survivability. If there were a normal tank, I probably could use a more typical damage setup.

Khimaira: I appreciate your set, and in the long-run I'd love my set to look like that, but until I get 200 mil's worth of old money or win the Bonanza, this is the point my set is at. If someone wanted to consider a damage club, I hope my experience in building this club gives them some insight if they consider this club. And if TP-feed is an issue, this would be an excellent off-hander for the Mjollnir of my dreams, too!
 Sylph.Kyarutaru
Server: Sylph
user: Kyarutaru
By Sylph.Kyarutaru 2011-07-12 09:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

o/ Hi icepick!

Anyway, just some fun damage shots. Didn't have any DD atmas on for these since we were on the way to Raja. Mjollnir 90/Kraken Offhand. Granted, these are blunt weak and all but still fun.

Hexa Set

Randgrith Set:
By IcepickD 2011-07-25 22:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A thought: Insurgency benefits from +attack over +STR b/c it's mods are at 20%, like Hexa Strike. Would a Keen Ring be better over a STR or MND ring?
By IcepickD 2011-07-25 22:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyarutaru: Which augments do you have on your Moonshade Earring?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-07-26 11:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who did Selenian Cap with STR+4 DEX+4 WSAcc+15 CritDmg+2%, and Royal Redingote with Atk+10 CritRate+3%?
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-07-26 14:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, Kyaru, for your Hexa set, @Blessed Pants+1, would that be better or the +10 acc on hydra Brais?
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-26 14:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said:
Oh, Kyaru, for your Hexa set, @Blessed Pants+1, would that be better or the +10 acc on hydra Brais?

Depends on if you need the accuracy to cap your accuracy.
 Sylph.Kyarutaru
user: Kyarutaru
By Sylph.Kyarutaru 2011-07-26 21:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonshade: Acc +4 TP Bonus +25
Selenian: STR +4 AGI +4 WS ACC +15 WS DMG +2%
Redingote: ACC & ATT +10

As far as pants go, I typically don't have any accuracy issues as far as my Hexas have been going -- otherwise I can swap in Tatsumaki Sitagoromo which I have Acc +7/Haste +3 on. I unfortunately don't have Hydra Brais but that would be my alternative to Tatsu if accuracy was an issue. I've got a modified melee set for if I need more Accuracy too which adds in stuff like Sniper's +1, Toreadors, Tiphia Sting, Tatsumaki... still typically dun need tho
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24