Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20522 20523 20524 ... 22593 22594 22595
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-01-09 00:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i think a big part of it has to do with the fact that many of us started xi in a world with no walkthroughs and alt-tab crashed your game. you had to print off, write down, or have an extra computer to look stuff up. you didn't have a smart phone or tablet back then. nothing in 2017 is likely to be released without a full blown wiki with leaks on everything within 4 seconds. that experience plus, what were honestly some weird as hell, but ultimately surprisingly intuitive controls that will never be used in any other game ever, make it a rare gem.

can you imagine if ffxi was released today in it's original release state? no one would stand for having to learn the system. you should be able to beat it on day one! no one could take dying to wild rabbits and orcs for 5 hours.

My biggest thing with FFXIV is the dungeon system and the duration. They are so long I find myself falling asleep by the end of a dungeon.
I can see 24 man ones running long. If you have decent players shouldnt take very long for normal dungeons. What server were you on? o.0
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
By Ohji Lunartail 2017-01-09 00:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Chu Chu said: »
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i think a big part of it has to do with the fact that many of us started xi in a world with no walkthroughs and alt-tab crashed your game. you had to print off, write down, or have an extra computer to look stuff up. you didn't have a smart phone or tablet back then. nothing in 2017 is likely to be released without a full blown wiki with leaks on everything within 4 seconds. that experience plus, what were honestly some weird as hell, but ultimately surprisingly intuitive controls that will never be used in any other game ever, make it a rare gem.

can you imagine if ffxi was released today in it's original release state? no one would stand for having to learn the system. you should be able to beat it on day one! no one could take dying to wild rabbits and orcs for 5 hours.

My biggest thing with FFXIV is the dungeon system and the duration. They are so long I find myself falling asleep by the end of a dungeon.
I can see 24 man ones running long. If you have decent players shouldnt take very long for normal dungeons. What server were you on? o.0
prolly a ***server
By crimsondragon 2017-01-09 00:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I ended up qutting FFXIV only after a week. It wasnt like FFXI. I really wanted to like this MMORPG.

Did anyone else have this same sentiment?

Yeah, the ability bar is horrible and SE should feel bad for using it.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2017-01-09 00:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Chu Chu said: »
I cant remember which one I was on. But it just wasn't the duration. There's several things about the dungeon system I'm not a fan of.

Also the quests are a bit grindy for a beginning player. I dont remember having to talk to so many NPCs for so many quests.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-01-09 01:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasnt like FFXI.

Why would you go in expecting it to be? Those types of games don't work well in today's market. It's obvious it wouldn't be like that
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-09 02:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I envie people who like XIV, tried it a couple of times but its just nothing for me. After XI I'll probably take refuge to offline games.
I wish I could like XIV I really do, I love the art style, the FF feel but little things just tick me off.

Just wish people sometimes would be more respectfull about which of the two games they prefer, its not a contest...Just two totally different games, one obviously catering for a different audience then the other.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-09 05:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh if it wasn't called FF I wouldn't even be considering XIV. But I got nothing else to play atm and it's got the name of my dreams so I just go with it.

I think it's a game full of bad design decisions, and I can't for the life of me figure out why Yoshida gets praised like he's the Jesus of gaming industry. I can accept that other people like the game, but he's a terrible director and sometimes I think people have gigantic blinders on their face.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-09 05:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
and I can't for the life of me figure out why Yoshida gets praised like he's the Jesus of gaming industry. I can accept that other people like the game, but he's a terrible director and sometimes I think people have gigantic blinders on their face.
Mhm I agree with you, it is kind of weird, but the idolisation of people is strange in general (I dont get it).
Maybe Matsui needs a bit more rock and roll....and who picks out his shirts for their livestreams?
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-09 05:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoshi-P took a failing game and, while a lot of stuff was cut, made it successful. Matsui took a successful game and, initially, destroyed it.

Things didn't go well around the time Matsui took over. He didn't seem to know how to talk to the community and said some stuff that pissed people off. I first noticed a gigantic drop in people during his "We're making R/M/Es obsolete." days right after Delve was added. Most of my LS lost interest over the week then just kinda faded away, LS went from full 24/7 to a bunch of AFK mules and 2-3 people who actually play.

Matsui actually had JP players quitting over some of his decisions which is why he changed his stance on R/M/Es pretty fast. It also didn't help that this happened over Golden Week so there was total radio silence for roughly a week which was damaging in itself. So much so that a mega thread on the official forum went pretty much unmoderated even on the NA forums.

Initially, that's why Matsui isn't held as high as Yoshi-P. There's also the fact that XIV is built on the same kind of platform as other popular MMOs so it's easy to get into if you've played non-FFXI MMOs. FFXI is it's own animal.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-09 05:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui hardly knows what he's doing, let's not go there.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-09 05:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the biggest problem XI had was that most of us had been at it for years. I had played for 9 years when I quit, most of us were on our way out or just needed a push. A bunch of us in LS were working on Relics so that idea that Matsui wanted to kill Relics did it for us. I think XI kinda recovered but never fully recovered.

It took weeks for Matsui to simply say something to calm people and by that time, many of us had already quit, accepted that we had quit, and we're starting to move on. Matsui once said that he'd look for a solution to the R/M/E issue but, publicly, said he "wasn't sure if he'd find one." He's in a leading role and that uncertainty about something he's seen to have the power to make happen struck people as odd.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-09 05:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Matsui hardly knows what he's doing, let's not go there.
If people are actually saying that they miss Tanaka, ***has gone terribly awry. Lol
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-01-09 06:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing i miss about old XI was some of the awesome players we have lost over the years. Other than that the QoL updates have been amazing think what you will of the storyline / battle fields. And making RME int he past was a bear of a task back then the prob i had then was there were few weapons(and usually only some jobs had them) that made the jobs fun or relevant.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-09 06:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Verbannt said: »
The only thing i miss about old XI was some of the awesome players we have lost over the years. Other than that the QoL updates have been amazing think what you will of the storyline / battle fields. And making RME int he past was a bear of a task back then the prob i had then was there were few weapons(and usually only some jobs had them) that made the jobs fun or relevant.
All of my friends quitting killed it for me. I was early enough into my Apoc that I was OK but all my friends quit.

Ended up in XIV despite saying never and made a hot character. We've been together since beta. >.>

Na, I just made new friends in XIV, I like the world, story, etc. and I can kinda jump in and out as I feel like it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-09 06:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of, new glamour. Ding-dong, Disco Witch is dead.
[+]
 Asura.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Asura.Valmur 2017-01-09 06:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Got back into FF11 recently and enjoying it, my 14 runs out this week and no incentive for me to play :|
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-09 06:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Valmur said: »
Got back into FF11 recently and enjoying it, my 14 runs out this week and no incentive for me to play :|
I just posted incentive, Valmoo. <3~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-01-09 09:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Regretting not taking a picture last night after the FC did A9S...

Got it to 18%, though, thanks to Dame!

Next time we'll get it down, I'm sure!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-09 09:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Today is a good birthday. I'm officially 28, AGDQ is starting, and I woke up to two aquariums in the mail from Dameion. <3

wow...

I remember when I turned twenty eight... I had been moved out of my parents house for ten years, had already gotten my degree, got married, had two kids, climbed the corporate ladder, bought a house in the suburbs...

but wow two aquariums!? wow! your parents must just... be beaming with joy and pride enough to blot out the sun!

Holy ***! two aquariums!? and obviously they're not real aquariums you can actually use but even better they are fake aquariums with pixelated water and imaginary fish on an on line video game no less, from some guy you never met...so they are perhaps.... not only your greatest accomplishment in your adult life... but I think we have reached the pinnacle of all of our human existence.

Congratulations!

Praise the gods! Who have blessed us with your presence in this world for twenty eight miraculously wondrous years of bounty!
Let us all bask in the glow of your accomplishments TWO WHOLE AQUARIUMS HURRAY! Two!

I'm truly staggered by your accomplishments... WOW
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-09 10:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Today is a good birthday. I'm officially 28, AGDQ is starting, and I woke up to two aquariums in the mail from Dameion. <3

wow...

I remember when I turned twenty eight... I had been moved out of my parents house for ten years, had already gotten my degree, got married, had two kids, climbed the corporate ladder, bought a house in the suburbs...

but wow two aquariums!? wow! your parents must just... be beaming with joy and pride enough to blot out the sun!

Holy ***! two aquariums!? and obviously they're not real aquariums you can actually use but even better they are fake aquariums with pixelated water and imaginary fish on an on line video game no less, from some guy you never met...so they are perhaps.... not only your greatest accomplishment in your adult life... but I think we have reached the pinnacle of all of our human existence.

Congratulations!

Praise the gods! Who have blessed us with your presence in this world for twenty eight miraculously wondrous years of bounty!
Let us all bask in the glow of your accomplishments TWO WHOLE AQUARIUMS HURRAY! Two!

I'm truly staggered by your accomplishments... WOW
I'll let Mos know you're "back" and as always, thanks for supporting the site.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2017-01-09 10:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey resident bootstrapper.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-09 10:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll let Mos know you're "back"

No PLEASE your majesty, allow me. You have the awesome weight of responsibility and burden of two whole aquariums to bear...
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-09 10:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I'll let Mos know you're "back"

No PLEASE your majesty, allow me. You have the awesome weight of responsibility and burden of two whole aquariums to bear...
<3
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-09 10:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

but do they have a shark each?
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-09 10:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

oh right, pineapple pizza avi, forgot about that.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-01-09 10:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
but do they have a shark each?
#Sharkington4lyfe
[+]

Post deleted by User.