Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20103 20104 20105 ... 22573 22574 22575
By Jetackuu 2016-10-26 15:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-26 15:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah I have building keys and ID badges I need to turn in, that is probably what my last day will be.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-26 15:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You salaried?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-26 15:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Oh yeah I have building keys and ID badges I need to turn in, that is probably what my last day will be.
Hug everyone long and tight to say goodbye, pretend to be holding down the tears as you stare at the key with nostalgia before you turn it in. Make them feel guilty!
[+]
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-10-26 15:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Or flash your penis at them. It can be either.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-26 16:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well HR finally called me.

They want me to "resign in leiu of terminiation".

HR guy says that it won't DQ me from unemployment, but I have asked before and my rep with the Department of Labor says it will DQ me.

All he said was they determined my performance did not meet the expectations they had and he was not obligated to say anything else.

He alluded to (he took time to say he was not threatening) that if I choose to be terminated instead of resigning that they have the capacity to deny my unemployment anyway, and that if I resign they could consider letters of recommendation, however "if things are a mess and in disarray when I leave, then that is what should be expected if a future employer asks for a reference."

He said I have to decide by November 15th, so I am going to try and talk to our Union person, and the department of unemployment directly.

Pretty sure I will just take the termination, I have no problem telling an employer straight up that I was fired out of the blue with no previous indication of a problem or deficiency if they ask.
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2016-10-26 16:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-10-26 17:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

HR guy says that it won't DQ me from unemployment, but I have asked before and my rep with the Department of Labor says it will DQ me.

All he said was they determined my performance did not meet the expectations they had and he was not obligated to say anything else.

He alluded to (he took time to say he was not threatening) that if I choose to be terminated instead of resigning that they have the capacity to deny my unemployment anyway, and that if I resign they could consider letters of recommendation, however "if things are a mess and in disarray when I leave, then that is what should be expected if a future employer asks for a reference."

He said I have to decide by November 15th, so I am going to try and talk to our Union person, and the department of unemployment directly.

Pretty sure I will just take the termination, I have no problem telling an employer straight up that I was fired out of the blue with no previous indication of a problem or deficiency if they ask.

Yah, honestly you should still have access to performance reviews (assuming you had any to that point) to help substantiate your position, one way or another. :/ Any other official documentation (of administrative actions, write-ups, complaints, et al)--or lack thereof--would help justify things to a future employer (or a union rep if things are still actionable at this point in your current job.)
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-26 17:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »

Yah, honestly you should still have access to performance reviews (assuming you had any to that point) to help substantiate your position, one way or another. :/ Any other official documentation (of administrative actions, write-ups, complaints, et al)--or lack thereof--would help justify things to a future employer (or a union rep if things are still actionable at this point in your current job.)

Because I am a provisional employee, they do not have to provide any of that material unfortunately.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-26 17:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It will disqualify you for benefits if you resign, not get fired.

He alluded to (he took time to say he was not threatening) that if I choose to be terminated instead of resigning that they have the capacity to deny my unemployment anyway
They would have to show that you were terminated "with fault."

Which means they have to have a paper trail of discipline notices, either with your signature, but doesn't have to be, leading up the the firing. Usually showing at least 3 months of attempted correctional work, alluding to the release.

and that if I resign they could consider letters of recommendation
As a person who hired people before, I can tell you that we don't really look into those.

Union
You are dead to me!

Because I am a provisional employee, they do not have to provide any of that material unfortunately.
Legally, they do. Don't let them dictate your unemployment benefits, but don't harp on it for long. At least try to get another job quickly so you don't have to rely on unemployment for long.

But yeah, cause you are Union, you go to the corner with Ramyrez, you are dead to me now son!

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-26 17:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But yeah, cause you are Union, you go to the corner with Ramyrez, you are dead to me now son!

In Sweden something like 70% of people are in a union
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-26 17:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-26 17:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Welp, ***' Steam Library +1, I guess. Only good thing is, Special Edition is separate from the current version of the game.

not touching it unless someone ports skyui which... prolly wont happen.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-10-26 17:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed the Special Edition in my library as well. Just what exactly is so "special" about it?

Also, game is literally unplayable without SkyUI.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-26 17:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

upgraded lighting system and 64bit enabled p much. more stable and slightly prettier if you didnt already run lighting mods

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-26 18:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, he's full of ***. May also want to talk to a lawyer, they may be violating the law. At the very least don't design, ***'em.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-26 18:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

microsoft coming out with a cameraless windows VR headset for $299. getting closer to reasonable.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-26 18:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually didn't even know I was in a union tbh.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-26 18:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Yeah, he's full of ***. May also want to talk to a lawyer, they may be violating the law. At the very least don't design, ***'em.

I fully intend to be terminated at this point.

Unemployment Handbook says I shouldn't sign anything tomorrow either.

I worry that they will threaten to fire me for insubordination if I refuse to sign termination paperwork though.

While I KNOW this is a scare tactic... I also tend to be a big pussy >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-10-26 18:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually didn't even know I was in a union tbh.
Nothing wrong with unions. After all, without them we wouldn't have the 40 hour work week or paid lunches.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-26 18:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I worry that they we threaten to fire me for insubordination if I refuse to sign termination paperwork though.

that's entrapment mate.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-26 18:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay got the new Alisaie minion from Wondrous Tails

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Dio Branflakes 2016-10-26 19:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »

I worry that they will threaten to fire me for insubordination if I refuse to sign termination paperwork though.

Mann up, lady! You are not trapped in there with them! They are trapped in there with YOU!

They thought I was trapped inside with them, but IT WAS ME
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-10-26 19:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This same thing happened to me a few years ago when I was at the last school I taught at before the one I'm at now. They threatened to give me what is called an "improvement plan". Basically that was a step below "fired" and it would put a permanent pock mark on my career. I was terrified when I found out. Then I talked to my union rep who told me the same advice they're telling you. Don't sign anything. Let the union fight for you, and they will lawyer up for you if you need it. They don't anticipate that, they think it's just you and them. Prove to them that this isn't the case. Also, tell them that you feel your evaluator is erroneous and you want a new, unbiased evaluation. You're not without options.

Edit: Also, if they take you into any meeting, make sure you have a union rep with you. Don't face them alone.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-10-26 19:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Unions are necessary in this day and age, otherwise people wouldn't be able to make wages to live. Then again not all industries need unions, but there definitely needs to be unions in things like education, steelworkers, miners, and stuff like that
First Page 2 3 ... 20103 20104 20105 ... 22573 22574 22575