Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16540 16541 16542 ... 22593 22594 22595
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-02-15 10:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Josi, wait!

yes go after him while playing this theme :3

YouTube Video Placeholder

Number one thing i miss from FFXI has to be
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-15 10:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-15 10:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally posted that already Misa! You even {+]'d it! :P
To be fair was a bit over 100 pages ago... lol
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-15 10:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ah! ok!
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2015-02-15 10:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »

Number one thing i miss from FFXI has to be
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-15 11:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

:3
[+]
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-15 11:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-15 11:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if this is Cross-Buy?
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-02-15 11:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-15 12:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maids and chocolate, cant [+] enough

[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-02-15 12:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

WWWWOW UNFAVE DARK, I SEE

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-02-15 12:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Re-post >.>

Justice League question. Been watching a lot of animated DC stuff lately. Question relates to the boom tubes being used by JLA members going to and from the watchtower. In some of the series there is a voice that announces them as they enter the watchtower or as in the series Young Justice, mount justice. From what I gathered Superman is 001 and Batman 002 and so forth and so on. I was wondering if there is any verification as to whether or not this was ever in any of the comics, and if so is there an actual list with names and numbers. Also hyped about the new DC Dawn of Justice :D

To my layperson knowledge, that numbering system was only made up for the DC animated universe system. The teleportation tubes were created in the late 70's I think when the JLA first created their satellite station (in pre-Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths continuity.)

Because DC seems to always reboot continuity constantly (Crisis on Infinite Earths, Zero-Hour, Flash Point/New-52) and because the TV and movie versions are based loosely on whichever continuity is current at the time, the actual rosters of the JLA teams vary as well.

The DCAU titles "JLA" and "JLA Unlimited" (and off-shoots like "Static Shock") were a separate continuity from "Young Justice", which came out prior to the latest continuity remake (New 52.) So honestly even the newest comics won't match what you will see on the TV shows.

In terms of the recent animated movies, Flashpoint Paradox onward all feature New 52 storylines and character designs. All the ones prior to that were based on older stories.

Sorry for such a long convoluted explanation, but DC has a bad habit of having a long convoluted history of reboots. It's confusing, but maybe easier in some ways than Marvel's system of simply writing stories forever and having every single story considered 'canon' without ever rebooting/restarting (and having characters from the 1940's still as young adults today.) :p

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-15 13:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DC basically reboots every 10 years or so, mainly to clean character backgrounds, kill, or bring back from the death.

I honestly feel the JL/JLU series is crap. good for kids, but with watered down stories. (I feel this way because it seems ALL heroes join the JL and seem to mostly get along ok with high school drama)

that said, Most of the DCU "OVA" are pretty good, since they are good adaptations to the story they are based on.

I recommend checking out
JL WAR
JL Flashpoint
JL Doom

edit: as to my understanding, Boom tube tech is exclusive to Apokolips and New Genesis, while the Watchtower uses a more basic teleportation system. tho It is not to say, that the JLA might have used this sort of tech and adapted it, but that would mean obtaining a Mother Box/Father Box

edit 2:
from wiki
Quote:
The DC Animated Universe incorporated the Boom Tubes in their shows: They were first seen in Superman: The Animated Series, as well as Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and Batman Beyond.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-15 13:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-15 13:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Maids and chocolate, cant [+] enough

I really know nothing about touhou, other than liking the character designs. But sakuya is definitely best girl.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-02-15 13:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly feel the JL/JLU series is crap. good for kids, but with watered down stories. (I feel this way because it seems ALL heroes join the JL and seem to mostly get along ok with high school drama)

that said, Most of the DCU "OVA" are pretty good, since they are good adaptations to the story they are based on.

Well for sure, compared to the source materials and to other newer properties like Marvel's Ultimate line (and movie offshoots) they seem like the Get Along Gang. :p But my personal frame of reference is the 70's Superfriends programmes, so compared to that, the JLU versions always seem to be in constant back-biting conflict with one another. ^_-

But yes, I did adore the "OVA" story adaptations so much. I really loved "Red Hood" and "Crisis on Two Earths". :)
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 13:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
"Captain faker, that's me" /gets *** kicked.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2015-02-15 13:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-15 13:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

DC basically reboots every 10 years or so, mainly to clean character backgrounds, kill, or bring back from the death.

Which is why I don't read comics. No one ever truly dies forever since they bring people back all the time with lazarus pits and ***and reboot characters etc.
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-02-15 13:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Which is why I don't read comics. No one ever truly dies forever since they bring people back all the time with lazarus pits and ***and reboot characters etc.

Yah, it is really confusing to keep it straight if you are a long-time fan, as they ultimately do it for new-readers/audiences (so they don't have to know tonnes of backstory to get 'into' a storyline.)

It does remind me of the number of reboots to things like "Tenchi Muyo" back in the 90's. I tried once to have my friends explain to me how all of the different Tenchi Muyo stories (and offshoot story lines) all fit together, and they just couldn't do it. :p I know it's the same thing for me when I try to explain the comic/ame-komi side of things. :p
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 13:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe the Tenchi storylines are supposed to add up...

On another note: I've been watching Batman TAS for a few days, watching it right now in fact, haven't gotten to the pit part yet though, it's coming.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-15 14:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually stopped reading/buying a few years ago, after the "death" of batman, and shortly before the latest DCU Reboot.

I need to rewatch Batman Gotham Knight. that's pretty awesome
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-15 14:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 14:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah it looks like they stopped trying to use the Memory Stick line for the PSvita and went straight from their own standard to a full proprietary card for it...

That's a shame.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-15 14:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I don't believe the Tenchi storylines are supposed to add up...

On another note: I've been watching Batman TAS for a few days, watching it right now in fact, haven't gotten to the pit part yet though, it's coming.
Some of the Tenchi Stories do add up, but then you notice inconsistencies in them by changing the dynamics of certain characters and plot points in the story.

The whole Tenchi Universe (including the offshoots and such made by other artists) is pretty confusing. Especially the latest installment that's come out.
First Page 2 3 ... 16540 16541 16542 ... 22593 22594 22595