Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15510 15511 15512 ... 22584 22585 22586
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-29 11:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think we've had a road trip/male bonding thing before
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-09-29 11:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

WAT R U DOIN MISA
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-29 11:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

taking a walk in the beach, obvs.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2014-09-29 11:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww yus. Fenice Rinascita uses the same pegs for it's wings as the Wing Gundam and Wing Zero. More part-swapping!
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-29 11:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Awww yus. Fenice Rinascita uses the same pegs for it's wings as the Wing Gundam and Wing Zero. More part-swapping!
we demand pics!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-09-29 12:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
we demand pics!

:p
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-29 12:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

we demand pics!

:p
Introducing Quadriplegic Gundam!
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 12:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else miss the days of pixel/sprite based games?

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 12:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I really do and I especially miss the days of no voice acting, the dialogue was so much better without it lol

At least for JRPGs

I am very excited for the graphics in 15 though, as well as the voices. I'm just sad that we're not likely to get JP voices with English text and will have to suffer through the English voices over here
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 12:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose tolerable would be the best adjective to describe the voice actor choice for NA localization of JRPG games.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-29 12:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it, but i get the feeling like sprite based games (on steam) are half assed, maybe due to budget or stuff idk.

this is the reason FFVI is my favorite.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 12:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of the reason I really like 9 is because it's like the old FFs but with better graphics and FMVs, while having a diverse and fun cast and while the story is very similar to older FFs, it still uses the elements in a unique way.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2014-09-29 12:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
I suppose tolerable would be the best adjective to describe the voice actor choice for NA localization of JRPG games.

Humorous also works
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 12:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »

Humorous also works

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-29 12:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon reminded me of Voltron/GoLion...

"Form feet and legs! Form arms and body! And, I'll form the head!"
lol
[+]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-29 12:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else miss the days of pixel/sprite based games?

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-29 12:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon reminded me of Voltron/GoLion...

"Form feet and legs! Form arms and body! And, I'll form the head!"
lol
PARKER Edit:
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-29 12:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I really do and I especially miss the days of no voice acting, the dialogue was so much better without it lol

At least for JRPGs

I am very excited for the graphics in 15 though, as well as the voices. I'm just sad that we're not likely to get JP voices with English text and will have to suffer through the English voices over here
Tbh I think voice acting is making games feel dumber. You no long have to know how to read to play most games. My nephew can't play pokemon cause he doesn't want to read. Then he asks me to buy him pokemon games.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-09-29 13:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it, but i get the feeling like sprite based games (on steam) are half assed, maybe due to budget or stuff idk.

this is the reason FFVI is my favorite.
Budget is a piss poor excuse for half-assing a game, especially when even a completely generic JRPG made in RPG Maker with nothing but default assets can get over $100,000 funding on Kickstarter.

[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 13:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, voice acting diminished the imaginative and interpreted sense of playing an RPG. When emphasis is put into writing and dialog, it helps enable to reader and player to imagine or interpret the voice, tone, accent, or even thought process behind the person speaking.

Similar to how reading a book gives you a completely (and often times more in depth) experience than seeing a movie based on the same story.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 13:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »

At least for JRPGs

Tbh I think voice acting is making games feel dumber. You no long have to know how to read to play most games. My nephew can't play pokemon cause he doesn't want to read. Then he asks me to buy him pokemon games.

How does he play the game if he doesn't read the text? lol

Or do you not buy the game and just ignore him?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 13:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, voice acting diminished the imaginative and interpreted sense of playing an RPG. When emphasis is put into writing and dialog, it helps enable to reader and player to imagine or interpret the voice, tone, accent, or even thought process behind the person speaking.

Similar to how reading a book gives you a completely (and often times more in depth) experience than seeing a movie based on the same story.

Western RPGs do English voices extremely well though, I don't see why a big company like SE can't do it
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-29 13:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »

At least for JRPGs

How does he play the game if he doesn't read the text? lol

Or do you not buy the game and just ignore him?

I bought him Pokemon White. Told him he had to read to play it since there is no voice acting. He was stuck in the first gym town cause he didn't know how to get the bush out of the way. In other words he didn't read and never learned how to teach a pokemon Cut.

Haven't bought him anything that relied on text since.

This was over a year ago btw.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-09-29 13:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Western RPGs do English voices extremely well though, I don't see why a big company like SE can't do it
They can do it; the majority of voices in FF12 are proof of that. They just choose not to.
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 13:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, WRPGs have very talented voice actors that definitely help immersion. I guess it's all about how well written scripts are and who you choose to present it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 13:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

<~ Can't wait until October 15th....
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-09-29 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks tasty
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 13:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They can do it; the majority of voices in FF12 are proof of that. They just choose not to.

True, they did succeed with 12 but since then we've had some pretty bad voices :| Also before

This just proves we need more UK voice actors.
[+]
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-09-29 13:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15510 15511 15512 ... 22584 22585 22586