Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15507 15508 15509 ... 22583 22584 22585
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 00:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Spathy-kun, who pissed in your corn flakes?
By fractalvoid 2014-09-29 00:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
fractalvoid said: »
I like being alone. Sometimes being around other people gives me more anxiety and makes me think about stupid things that I wouldn't otherwise think about. Being alone all the time isn't good of course, but even just texting a friend gives me enough human contact to satisfy.
Yeah the degree of contact needed differs from person to person
I believe there's a minimum to maintain mental well-being for all of us, though
I didn't really grasp that till I experienced it myself. anecdote and all but I don't think it's just me

I can agree with that. I don't open up to very many people (myself included) so I'm sure that has something to do with even texting/chatting on the computer with my one close friend leaves me feeling socially satisfied. Especially because I'm sure that feeling is mutual.

That's not to say I purposely shut others out though. I sometimes grit my teeth thinking that others don't understand and all that childish nonsense lol
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 00:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally crave the company of others, but specific others and if not them then I'm happy just minding my own damn business away from the world.

conflicting work schedules suck, etc.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-29 00:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
No one. I just feel like I see you post that kind of response a lot. *shrug* Good chance I'm wrong.
[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-09-29 00:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw Destiny, BL-pre sequel soon!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 00:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Euclids Cfinder said: »
Screw Destiny, BL-pre sequel soon!

Boys Love? Just what Spath wants
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 00:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Get on it Ubisoft.
[+]
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-09-29 00:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ciri Zireael 2014-09-29 00:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 00:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
No one. I just feel like I see you post that kind of response a lot. *shrug* Good chance I'm wrong.
I've posted it a few times, I wouldn't say a lot.

I mean I wouldn't call myself a person who keeps up with the gaming trends anyway, I think the three newest games I have are: GTA V for PS3 (played it more on my friend's ps3 pirated than I have since I bought it), Bravely Default (haven't even finished the demo) and LoZ: ALBW (beat it, twice).
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-29 00:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Destiny is a fun game, however (and this is a big one) it's 500 million dollar price tag is no where to be seen. I think there are games that cost 5 million that have more content and effort put into them than Destiny. From what I've read, the past year has been horrible for Bungie. The story use to be completely different, not even in an "oh we have a better idea" kind of way. It is obvious that Destiny was hit with the story chopper, cut up into pieces to distribute through DLC over the next few years.

I will tell you the experience, right now. You start the game, and you find out that you were dead for a very long time and this world must be a shock to you now. You then become COMPLETELY okay with the fact that you were dead, and proceed to enter a factory to pick up your first gun. You walk through some atmospheric factory settings and come out in the cosmodrome, aka earth in the future.

It is obvious that they put a looooooot of effort into making the worlds of destiny look absolutely beautiful, as they are expected to. However, from this point forward, the game becomes just as simple as the tutorial was. You follow a quest path, listen to the dialog that really doesn't have an interesting script so far, and fight waves of enemies every few levels, or multiple times a level.

The difficulty is there at the start, mid game becomes sort of a "hurry up I want to get to level 20!" type feeling where you pretty much breeze through the available areas.

Every mission is pretty much the same thing. You're going to shoot a lot of stuff. Honestly getting to level 20 was still fun for me, I then hit the level 24 block that everyone deals with. I learned how to obtain my legendary gear to increase my light beyond 25. However, you become locked in vanguard / crucible points and reputation rank to get your gear.

You also can be "lucky", by finding legendary engrams as rare drops during your strikes or adventuring, or in PvP. Or you do what thousands of others have done and create your own luck by using farming exploits, because enemies respawn in the same locations at set intervals. Farming becomes very easy to do once you know a method, but Bungie has been patching the game because "they didn't envision their game being players to be shooting at a cave for 5 hours a day".

I honestly, truly feel bad for Bungie. I really deep down think they wanted something greater than this, but because they either weren't able develop content fast enough, or activision forced them to split their game up into chapters, chapters being purchasable DLC every few months.

The game honestly feels like it was split up. I know that for them to have steady content coming out every month or so they would have to split the story up, hold finished content back. It's to be expected, and for us to look forward to and keep playing.

However, the amount of content in this game right now is pathetic. The fact that players have better luck farming engrams than playing the game it was meant to be played is pathetic. If you didn't envision your game to be players shooting into a cave for hours then why did you make your content not drop legendary armor? They didn't because they didn't want to gear players too quickly, because their updates aren't fast enough to maintain steady content even for the average player. Yet they have an NPC that gives out a free exotic every week as long as you do play the game, or more if you have enough mote of lights so you can buy exotic engrams and roll the dice.

The whole game is built off of RNG. That's not quite true, the enemies have exact spawn locations and time intervals. The rest, RNG. It really is.

Yet I have soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun playing this game. I don't know why, maybe it's my imagination running wild of what is to come, what this game SHOULD have been at release. What this game deserves to be, and it's sad that something like this is so pathetically broken right now.

I love this game but there needs to be more to it. PC players are going to really get the value here. They aren't going to have to deal with the pathetically low amount of content right now, they'll have all their DLC's bundled up in a 60 dollar price tag, and us who play on consoles would have spent 2-3x more than them if not more, infinitely more if they just torrent it.

I guess it being a 10 year project should have been a huge heads up that the beginning isn't going to be so filled with adventure, and that the best has yet to come.

Edit: The worst part of it all is that there is 12 hours of reading material online of the lore that you unlock while you play.... 12 hours. NONE OF THIS IS IN THE GAME. You have to stop playing the game to go to an EXTERNAL source just to READ the lore. They could have done this in the game. The lore is actually very interesting too, but none of it is in the game itself.

Something went horribly wrong in development, it had to. The amount of effort put into the lore is incredible, and yet the game is lacking that detail so much it's painful that they are separated.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-29 00:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

hopefully I get to talk to Seha tomorrow

as far as games go, was enthralled with archeage. shadow of mordor on tues and pre sequel in a couple weeks. not sure i want to play them anymore though.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 00:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kali, I'm going to be real for a moment, I only read about half of that, nothing against you or anything and I feel bad, but damn I'm tired.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-29 01:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kali, I'm going to be real for a moment, I only read about half of that, nothing against you or anything and I feel bad, but damn I'm tired.
I'm tired too you know :P
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 01:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Then don't write an essay, dayumn gurl.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-29 01:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Then don't write an essay, dayumn gurl.
It's called rambling! D;
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 01:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile, I'm going to pray to the SE gods that they release Final Fantasy IX on Steam.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-29 01:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What destiny needs is large-scale pvp. Right now it's just a grindfest, and that won't have enough longevity (not that you need a bungie subscription to play the game). I bought into the hype and got the ps4 destiny bundle, was more me trying to find an excuse to get a ps4 though :p
By Ciri Zireael 2014-09-29 01:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping for FF12: International Zodiac Job System on the PC.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-29 01:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still fun to shoot stuffs tho (I don't really like play fps)
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 01:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Either would make me very happy. Both are fantastic games, but I have a long time affinity and love for IX. But yeah, XII is definitely a grand game in of itself.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-29 01:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes please :<
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-29 01:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
It's still fun to shoot stuffs tho (I don't really like play fps)
Same! I am not a FPS player, and the combat is very interesting. The different jobs feel very similar to RPG jobs, so that might be why I'm so interested in Destiny. It just needs to be... better D;
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-29 01:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The appeal in destiny to MMORPG lovers is apparent
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-09-29 01:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically Kali said "PC Master race" without saying it.

Also, while a PC version of FFXII IZJS would be nice, at least we can emulate it for now.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 01:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Meanwhile, I'm going to pray to the SE gods that they release Final Fantasy IX on Steam.

With a new game+ and less JP onry Jump Rope minigame? yes, please.

Can do without the steam bit so much, they bastardized the rereleases of 7 and 8.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-29 01:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Basically Kali said "PC Master race" without saying it.

Also, while a PC version of FFXII IZJS would be nice, at least we can emulate it for now.
Yes, I pretty much did.

I still love my SNES tho, that thing is a beast.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 01:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing some Mega Man X on an emulator just yesterday, my nephew loved it. Watched me play from start> finish, and was getting annoyed when I repeated Armored Armadillo's stage 5x for the Hadouken.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-29 01:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

anticipate their movement patterns! duh :O
First Page 2 3 ... 15507 15508 15509 ... 22583 22584 22585