Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15412 15413 15414 ... 22573 22574 22575
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-14 18:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

All right, gonna try this LASIK consultation thing again. Last place (Dr. Boothe) told me my left eye was too bad to attempt it and kinda blew me off, never even met with a doctor during the consultation... it irked me, because I know people have worse vision than I do who have gotten LASIK. I'm only -1.25 in my right eye and -1.5 in my left so it isn't horrible (about 20/200 right and 20/300 left).

My Paramedic teacher had some wonky lens insert procedure done at another big name place in Dallas, said he had a great experience and the doctor was there every step of the way. Spoke very highly of them and told me to give it a try to see if they say I'm a candidate for LASIK or something else.

As far as price goes, the general ballpark seems to be about ~$2k an eye, so ~$5k total including tax and all that fun stuff. I plan on going in, seeing what the can do for me, try to fandangle every discount I can, and be like "Tell me how much it will cost, give me 6 months to finish school and save money and I will come back with cash in hand."

Here's to hoping that life works out as expected.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-14 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My head is filled with meow... .-. it never happened to me before, I don't know what's wrong x_x
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-09-14 18:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm this happened to me a while back after some binge playing 11 in the dark with the aspect ratio wrong and it really messed me up for days. A few things might help/

1. Ginger ale, its not medicine but it really helps with the sick feeling.
2. Try to not focus on the whole screen at once but move from part to part.
3. Get more sleep.
4. Even if your using the same distance, experiment with others. Push the monitor back a while and see if it still happens etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-14 18:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
My head is filled with meow... .-. it never happened to me before, I don't know what's wrong x_x

I don't know what meow is, but I have a lot of experience dealing with life if you need to chat. My PM is always open to RT people.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-14 19:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »

After my character was molested while I slept I have chosen to remove guest settings from my room.

Curious, what resolution do you play the game in?
1896/1002

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-14 19:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion will bring at least a healer and a tank. 10 cookies they're gunner(corsair, cannoneer, flintlock, try to guess the name) and samurai.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-14 19:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing it'll be some sort of branch of Gladiator and Conjurer. Ishgard lends itself to the theme of both of those, and adding more classes at the moment without expanding on the duality of existing ones would be cluttery. Thematically, another knight-based class and some kind of cleric would make sense coming out of the Holy See.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-14 19:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion will bring at least a healer and a tank. 10 cookies they're gunner(corsair, cannoneer, flintlock, try to guess the name) and samurai.
Musketeer had a guild in 1.0 might still be there. The class was never implemented though with the line of, 'We are working on it.'

Idk what it's job would be though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-14 19:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
I was just reading the latest in Letters from the Producer about the coming up patches on FFXIV.

While things seem interesting, I am afraid they are just cramming too much stuff into the game and might lose the flow of completing Fates, Quests and job leveling.

When I am crafting now, I am just all over the place but with doing Beast Quests and Grand Company Supply Quests, it keeps me following a direction to get things done.

After Ninja and some Rogue job, I don't know if the game really needs more jobs but will add more content to someone that already leveled up their jobs.

As long as they can balance the job and have unique skills, I don't see a problem with adding any amount of jobs. Also fate grinding sucks giant hairy balls
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-14 19:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

More explicitly, I'm suggesting we'll see Templar or Crusader and Cleric. In XIV, Paladins are not denoted as holy knights, so that gap can still be filled.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-14 19:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Musketeer would be the class, the job would have another name. Most likely one of those I mentioned.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
adding more classes at the moment without expanding on the duality of existing ones would be cluttery
I disagree. It's already been said at some point that they don't feel the need to keep doing it like this. Sure it could be convenient from a resources standpoint, but it's limiting at the same time.
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2014-09-14 19:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Templar is unlikely due to monk's denomination.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-14 19:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If they add healers/tanks they must be new classes to ease the load on people leveling only DPS. In 2.4 they are gonna see this in full force due to only releasing NIN lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-14 19:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Musketeers have no ties to Ishgard though. The only firearms they use are dragonkiller cannons. If we ever get Musketeer it will likely be an off-expansion inclusion like ninja and rogue since the lore for them is already established in Limsa Lominsa. Samurai would be tied to Doma.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-14 19:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't have to be related to Ishgard. And the concept has been there forever, including Mrwlubebibneriy who still uses guns.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-14 19:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai would be tied to Doma.
Relationships with the domans won't suddenly stop just cause Ishgard now goes to war. You're thinking too linearly.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-14 19:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing it'll be some sort of branch of Gladiator and Conjurer. Ishgard lends itself to the theme of both of those, and adding more classes at the moment without expanding on the duality of existing ones would be cluttery. Thematically, another knight-based class and some kind of cleric would make sense coming out of the Holy See.

They could add Dark Knight, Templar/Temple Knight, Holy Knight, Holy Swordsman/Sword Saint for the knight one and Chemist or something for the healer. Orator could actually work for the gun job since it uses guns and magical speech to attack the enemy. These are all cool though so it will never happen
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-14 19:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai would be tied to Doma.
Relationships with the domans won't suddenly stop just cause Ishgard now goes to war. You're thinking too linearly.

no, but the expansion classes/jobs will be tied to the expansion. there's not much reason to believe that things that can (and will) be added outside of the expansion will occupy those slots; a thematic approach is justified. the expansion's story being an outlet to expand on the Doman storyline and for some reason the pirates in Limsa seems unlikely.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-14 19:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What if the expansion takes us to Ayatlan :0 That would be cooler than Ishgard imo lol, since they're implementing airships in the future
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-14 19:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just saying it's not necessarily tied.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-14 19:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
What if the expansion takes us to Ayatlan :0 That would be cooler than Ishgard imo lol, since they're implementing airships in the future

nah, it's already been objectively stated that it's going to be Ishgard focused
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-14 19:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You be quiet
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-14 19:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't crush my floating continent dream
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-14 19:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

nah, it's already been objectively stated that it's going to be Ishgard focused
I'm gonna guess maybe Dragon tamer as a possibility. I'd say more on that but it might contain spoilers and drac would maul me. Or try to sneak into my bedroom and do unspeakable things again.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-14 19:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Taming dragons has been mentioned in coil already anyway
First Page 2 3 ... 15412 15413 15414 ... 22573 22574 22575