Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 14578 14579 14580 ... 22573 22574 22575
By volkom 2014-04-19 19:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wish xiv had /armscrossed emote =/

Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-04-19 19:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They do for Roegadyn or however you spell that. It's the third stance available.
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2014-04-19 19:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
wish xiv had /armscrossed emote =/

What are you talking about. There is one:

It was added in 2.2 and you do /changepose 2 times to get it. It's on every race too.
[+]
By volkom 2014-04-19 19:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

=O maybe i should come and play then
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Jetackuu said: »
The red tape and the parents are shitty as ***, I'll admit to that. However, the kids really make the difference. They need someone who's stable who can get them through the year and provide a level of support, and a lot of teachers can't deliver on that. That's one thing I pride myself on; I teach them what they need to know, but I'm more than just a teacher. I'm also a mentor and a friend. I do it because they need it, and if I don't do it, who will?

Also, the steady paycheck is a good thing as well. But really, it's not about that much, anymore. That being said though, I was offered 36,200 which isn't terrible for a starting out teacher with just a Bachelor's degree in Arizona.
not that horrible at all, depending on the cost of living in your area.

Yeah, I'll keep considering it in my spare time or something once I get my BS.
Cost of living out here is pretty cheap, really. I'm going to be moving into a place with my buddy and his girlfriend here in a bit, and between the three of us, it'll be 800 bucks a month for an entire house in a pretty decent area. So, I'll be paying like 300 a month for rent, so it works out.

Teaching is immensely rewarding on an emotional level. Sacrifices will be made, but if you're serious about it, it might be the best thing you'd ever do in your life.

That is rather cheap, just make sure you save a good bit, and don't squander it all on beard grooming supplies.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 20:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Hmmm... I saw ppl quoting Jet but I didn't see messages, for some reason user was blocked.

I unblocked it, but didn't know I had anyone blocked.

Alright bed time...
Feel somewhat better now that I know you weren't outright ignoring my comment about your PC, but feel bad that you didn't miss me...

/mixedsadface

People come, people go. I just got confused that the forum page said you were the last person to post and I open it up, and it's still someone else.

I never purposely blocked someone here before, so I didn't know if it worked the opposite way also, where if someone blocked you, you wouldn't see their comments also.

It's one thing to be missed, it's another when a friend says, "There you are!!"

Not all people that wander are lost, some just haven't found their destiny.
Busting your balls dude, it's OK.

I can't think of a reason I'd ever block you man /brofist.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-04-19 22:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

uhg.. works got my sleep all *** uplately ;/

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-19 22:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Josiahfk said: »
I can't think of a lot of console gaming LAN before that, since it was all PC LAN really right? Hmm

But I mean even on PS1 there was a four player RPG, 'Tales of Destiny' that was fun to play.

Amazing game! Borrowed it from a friend when I was in High School. That game is still expensive even if bought used online today. I do have Tales of Destiny 2 though, as well as Lunar 1 and 2.
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-04-19 22:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SOMEONE CALL A SCIENTIST, I CAN'T GET DOWN

[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-04-19 22:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Making lesson plans is harrrrrrd... I don't know where I want to go with my Ozymandias lesson. I'm jumping all over the place making references to Firdos square, The City in the Sea by Poe, the tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow speech by Macbeth... and somewhere along the way I need to figure out how to *** them. Son of ***.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-19 22:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Making lesson plans is harrrrrrd... I don't know where I want to go with my Ozymandias lesson. I'm jumping all over the place making references to Firdos square, The City in the Sea by Poe, the tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow speech by Macbeth... and somewhere along the way I need to figure out how to *** them. Son of ***.
Start with the British museum's acquisition of the statue of Ramesses II maybe?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-04-19 23:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. Using current events helps immensely in lessons.

'destination' of the lesson
Yeah, that's how I've been trained to teach. Figure out what I want them to learn first before fleshing out the details. Unfortunately, I want them to understand the text and understand that it's a poem about revolution. The question remains however as to how that assessment will look. I want it to be thought-provoking while at the same time easy to access for all of them without needing to use secondary materials. I thought of an exit ticket, but that's just so lackluster and almost bordering into busy work. I did think of a good opening, though. I'll start off by asking them what the tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow speech is all about, and that'll be a good way to jump into Ozymandias because they have very similar themes. I also want them to be able to analyze the poem themselves and be able to tell me what each line means, so I might do an example of that using City in the Sea before letting them loose onto Ozymandias.

Hmm.
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2014-04-19 23:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

XIV, what the hell is this madness...

Papaya...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-19 23:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. Using current events helps immensely in lessons.
Yeah I was thinking it would grab their attention when you tell it like an Indiana Jones type of story.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-04-19 23:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was thinking it would grab their attention when you tell it like an Indiana Jones type of story.
Huh. I've never heard about this aspect of the poem. I knew Percy was a revolutionary, but I had no idea this poem was spurned by that statue specifically. I wonder if I could link it to Ode on a Grecian Urn...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-19 23:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh. I've never heard about this aspect of the poem. I knew Percy was a revolutionary, but I had no idea this poem was spurned by that statue specifically. I wonder if I could link it to Ode on a Grecian Urn...
I believe this would be the book to read then: Treasury of English Sonnets. Ed. from the Original Sources with Notes and Illustrations
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-19 23:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's how I've been trained to teach. Figure out what I want them to learn first before fleshing out the details. Unfortunately, I want them to understand the text and understand that it's a poem about revolution. The question remains however as to how that assessment will look. I want it to be thought-provoking while at the same time easy to access for all of them without needing to use secondary materials. I thought of an exit ticket, but that's just so lackluster and almost bordering into busy work. I did think of a good opening, though. I'll start off by asking them what the tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow speech is all about, and that'll be a good way to jump into Ozymandias because they have very similar themes. I also want them to be able to analyze the poem themselves and be able to tell me what each line means, so I might do an example of that using City in the Sea before letting them loose onto Ozymandias.

Hmm.
It's good because it's disputed between scholars if in fact Shelly was inspired by that statue or not. Like a debate, if you chose to do so.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-19 23:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You could go present day cultural influences too:

Breaking Bad Review: The Empire Stikes Back in "Ozymandias"
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-04-19 23:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The debate I fear might take too much time. As for the Breaking Bad reference, I actually thought about using that, but I feel like that would take too much time to implement, and I personally haven't seen the episode, myself. As for the book you posted earlier, it's very intriguing and I'll snatch it eventually, but I have to do the lesson on Thursday, so I'll probably just keep it out, for now.

I'm kinda liking the idea of letting them analyze the poem themselves in groups before doing a classroom discussion on it.

edit: I also really like the idea of the Saddaam statue as well; that would fit perfectly in it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14578 14579 14580 ... 22573 22574 22575