Forum » FFXI » General » Battle Adjustments
Battle Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-01 04:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The forthcoming minor version update will usher in a host of battle-related refinements, including increased experience point yield and eased skill gain conditions.

Increased Experience Point Yield

The amount of experience points obtained by defeating monsters in non-Abyssea areas will be revised across the board. For instance, defeating an "Even Match" foe will yield roughly double the current amount of experience points. This adjustment will also benefit dragoon wyverns and adventuring fellow NPCs.

Eased Skill Gain Conditions

At present, only by fighting foes rated "Even Match" or stronger can players raise their combat and magic skills to their upper limits. With the February version update, however, this requirement will be reduced to "Decent Challenge." Further, players will find that actions targeting themselves or party members will raise the corresponding skill at a faster rate. Once these changes come into effect, players can expect larger figures to accompany each rise in skill. Puppetmasters should also be pleased to know that automatons, too, will benefit from this adjustment.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/6177/detail.html
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-01 04:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

11.5 hrs of maintenance for this?
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-02-01 04:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
\ Eased Skill Gain Conditions At present, only by fighting foes rated "Even Match" or stronger can players raise their combat and magic skills to their upper limits. With the February version update, however, this requirement will be reduced to "Decent Challenge." Further, players will find that actions targeting themselves or party members will raise the corresponding skill at a faster rate. Once these changes come into effect, players can expect larger figures to accompany each rise in skill. Puppetmasters should also be pleased to know that automatons, too, will benefit from this adjustment. http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/6177/detail.html

Good to know that SE is pro abyssea leaching.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-02-01 04:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit too late I think. Sure it'll help people reach level thirty faster.... But until an Abyssea level requirement of 75 is introduced (and even that would be too late now), not a huge deal at all.

Leeches must be happy to get skills capped faster. Instead of gimps with full pink gear now we'll have capped gimps with full pink gear. :D
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-01 04:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

mnks with brown belt and chiv chain talking ***about full-aurore dudefaces :D:D:D
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-01 04:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

They're physically moving the servers to a new location. Probably 11.5 hours away. /nods.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-02-01 04:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
mnks with brown belt and chiv chain talking ***about full-aurore dudefaces :D:D:D

lol Mnk ain't my main son.

I will admit though, I do feel slightly honored that you seem to respond to my posts almost immediately after I post it. As if you camp me. xD

<3 No homo.

Edit: Playing 6 jobs at once also means I'm forced to have a few pieces of gear that I can share between jobs. 80/80 on all storages and Porter Moogle still aren't enough. :/ And as long as my Mnk can tank ***and get me seals/gear solo or in a duo I'm fine with it. :P
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-01 04:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
iloveyou
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-01 04:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

They're physically moving the servers to a new location. Probably 11.5 hours away. /nods.
Lol it's probably like a few floors down.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-01 04:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Prolly onto the reject FXIV servers
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-01 04:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

The servers must be really heavy They need a squad of sumo-wrestlers just to pick up one of them. Multiply the time it takes to move one server by however many servers there are now and BAM, that should be like 11.5 hours.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-01 04:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Something horrible is going to happen
"Oh blahblah server got wiped out, kthxsorrilol"
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-01 04:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone's going to drop Leviathan. I just know it.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-02-01 05:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Shiva. Shiva is probably in the top three of lulz servers.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-01 05:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

Edit: Playing 6 jobs at once also means I'm forced to have a few pieces of gear that I can share between jobs. 80/80 on all storages and Porter Moogle still aren't enough. :/ And as long as my Mnk can tank ***and get me seals/gear solo or in a duo I'm fine with it. :P
[+]
 Phoenix.Sergee
Server: Phoenix
user: Sergee
By Phoenix.Sergee 2011-02-01 05:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Something horrible is going to happen "Oh blahblah server got wiped out, kthxsorrilol"

SE: Well shucks, looks like everyone's gonna have to play 14 now! とても残念!><;; :D!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-01 05:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like I can finally level my SCH sub! :P
Found a mog tablet the other day, and now this.. Gonna take me like a day from 7 to 50 xD
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-02-01 05:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I wish I was bullshitting. If I didn't give a ***about how my MH looked I'd have the space. @_@
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 05:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gearing 5 jobs all rather well and am not even using the new storage slip thingy and am fine. Especially since I'm not holding 15 powder boots and 11 trophies anymore since I'm past/at those stages in my trial. And that's with alot of garbage I'll probably never use but can't get myself to throw away. Like a dozen or so random vnm pops/trophies... might just have to see if I can solo them now at 90 lol
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-01 06:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have .. 9? jobs level 90, All fully geared, including things like MDT/PDT sets... Its kinda cramped on inventory space before the Storage moogle, but after these new Storage moogles and a Mog Sack, I'm doing fine :\

And i certainly do not skimp on gear D:, Ive had to toss a lot of useless junk lately (things i considered trophy weapons like Arodnight :() but I'm doing fine, anyway, doesn't matter.

~I don't think this Update is "pro-leeching", Even leveling up in abyssea non-leech Style 75-90 You'll exp so quickly your skills will be super-lagging behind, especially magic skill like say, healing, Enhancing, Dark Magic, etc. Skilling up has been a pain in the *** forever, you can't seriously begin blaming Abysse for that too, grasping at straws...

Not to mention jobs who need multiple skills leveled (MNK = Club/Staff/h2h for triggers, WAR = Everything...) etc, Skilling up is a punch in the *** even with Martial Placebo.

I welcome this, and as for the exp adjustments... I welcome it, will make leveling sub jobs a bit easier when i don't feel like having to deal with the stupidity of mass-pick up Abyssea parties.

[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2011-02-01 06:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played in a while... little over 6 months. Took a break when the first Abyssea came out. It's not unusual for me to take long breaks like this. I get burned out then come back. Planned on coming back along with the 99 cap.

Anyways, this update may get me to install the game again. Depends on if I can get a few friends interested in trying FFXI. I have heard good and bad about the current game, but I like to judge things for myself. Double exp would be great for new people. Would be fun for me to revisit old school places and show new people around.

Not trying to hi-jack, but you know, it's too bad they didn't put the resources they put into FF14 instead into FFXI. Do a graphics make-over. Improve the UI. A lot of people I want to get into the game are simply turned off by the old generation graphics and clunky UI. Oh well.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-01 06:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

double exp + anni ring = epic
By Bimbam 2011-02-01 07:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If they literally double exp outside, people may actually migrate back to Aht Urghan ^^
base max xp post 61 = 300
double it
*1.15(sanction)
*1.5(chain 5+)
=1035 exp per kill
+ doesn't require setup time to gather an alliance of morons while chewing through stones.

Do I honestly believe the above paragraph?...... no -.- one can hope though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-01 08:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
not to mention no wait between FoV pages!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-01 08:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
I don't get the FoV thing, you can still only get the reward once per game day, so what's the point doing any more than that?

But anyway, I got myself a kupo ring just before abyssea came out. Maybe with this I will actually be bothered to use it and level some more subs like dnc and sch that I could never be bothered with.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-02-01 08:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
For instance, defeating an "Even Match" foe will yield roughly double the current amount of experience points. This adjustment will also benefit dragoon wyverns and adventuring fellow NPCs.
Quote:
double the current amount of experience points
Quote:
double

Thank you, SE.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-01 08:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You still get the xp reward, just not the tabs and gil.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-02-01 08:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
I don't get the FoV thing, you can still only get the reward once per game day, so what's the point doing any more than that?

But anyway, I got myself a kupo ring just before abyssea came out. Maybe with this I will actually be bothered to use it and level some more subs like dnc and sch that I could never be bothered with.
You can still get exp everytime you do a page, but you only get the gil/tabs reward once per game day.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-01 08:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess its time to solo those straggling subjobs from 40 to 49, thanks SE :)

edit: oh, and parrying skillups.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-01 08:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

These changes are welcomed.

Skill-up rates have been lame on a lot of things for a really long time (Staff, Scythe, Summoning Magic, Healing Magic, Guard, Parry, etc.).

If anything, I'd say this adjustment is long overdue.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4