Forum » FFXI » General » Battle Adjustments
Battle Adjustments
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-01 16:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Maybe I'll get finally get the motivation to sign in and level another job. I've been wanting to do BLU or COR for a while.

I've been wanting to do SCH, but I think it's pretty much useless atm.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-01 16:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

While not a part of this announcement, they've just announced on Twitter that they're also looking into adjusting the difficulty of landing weaknesses with 1000 Needles and Blitzstrahl. Hmm.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-01 17:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-01 17:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
What I find ironicaly funny is that like 99% of the people who complain about "Easy mode" are bad at the game.

backed up by what exactly?

Gear and attitude.

Wow, people still think Gear is the be all and end all still.

Gear improves the good players, but having good gear doesn't automatically mean you're good. Anyone can get good gear, and bad players do so by overkilling NM's in linkshell alliances.

Doesn't make the player any better.
You need BOTH gear and skill to do well. You can be the best player in the game, try to do something with some lv 30 gear and you're going to get smoked by the biggest nab on the server.

Gear + skill > gear individually ~ skill individually > Neither.

Gear sets your upper bounds, can math out gear sets to see their highest potential. The skill of the player then determines how much of that potential is realized. (aka two people can use the same sets and get totally diff results).

For exmaple, let's say gear set A has 100 dps potential and gear set B has 75 DPS potential.

Player A isn't as skilled as player B and only gets 75% of his potential. 75 DPS. Player B could be skilled enough to use 100% of his potential and even then still only match player B.

Gear DOES matter. So does skill. If you can utilize both of these, this is when you become a *** beast.
[+]