1 Brew; 2 Force pops
 Leviathan.Bladefury
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bladefury
By Leviathan.Bladefury 2011-01-27 10:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Bukhis isn't really worth a brew. Bring 3 people who can evade and a grellow proc team (2 THF, DNC, BLM/BRD, WHM, BLU is what we try and go with). Send two of your evasion people in at a time (DNC+THF to start) and have people run and get buffs again if they're dispelled with the third evasion tank taking their place. 5-10 minute fights tops. If you can't pull that many people, you can do it with as few as 2x Evasion tank + WHM.

Adzaja, Pantokrator, Apademak, Shinryu, and Rani are the ones worth brewing that I can think of. It's obviously a cost:reward calculation you have to do for yourself, but I'd pay 200k cruor (split among those present) to shorten those 5 fights.

It was more about the trial of this working, than the true usefulness of it on Bukhis. Besides, it's a mule with 2m+ cruor, and imho it was well worth the cruor spent.
 Kujata.Thud
Server: Kujata
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2011-01-27 12:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloudsplitter is elemental (not sure if any other emp WS are, wiki is acting up for me). If the aim was to 1-shot glavoid like NMs, that would probably be the WS of choice?

Also, does book/martello/etc stop the abyssea clock aswell?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-27 12:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't stop your zone timer, but it does stop your buff timer.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-27 12:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I did empousa multiple times with 1 brew, just get someone to pull it to you, kill it then click on an npc/martello. See no reason why it cant be done with any other NM. Flaw in the games system, but works out for us!
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2011-01-27 13:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

normaly i just do the 1 nm > examine pyxis > get someone to pull every mob possible > 40k aoe ws. examine pyxis and repeat. Depending how much of the brew used on the nm, can get in a good 10+ rounds of superfast cleaving with the remainder of brew.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-27 13:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Brew > Chainspell > kill > martello > repeat > pop revit when Chainspell wears > Chainspell > etc

*** yeah. Although now I think about it I wonder if it'd be faster to use an ele WS... Guessing no but I should probably check that out sometime.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-31 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Failed an attempt at this on Saturday. Got through the first Glavoid in under a minute, was a little choppy with full-resists of Aeolian Edge but it went down, when a JP LS ran up and popped Glavoid the second the ??? came up, thus rendering my brew useless when they took about 20 minutes to do it. Would've been fine had I not relied on the Magian book, but c'est la vie. What I learned: Rely on confluxes or pyxies(These are indefinite as well, even after they despawn if you're in their menu.), do it during JP downtime, because they don't give two shits, and tell everyone to pass the shells more than five times, because if one person fails to do it, it's really... a headache. Lost 1 of my Glavoid shells to a friend of a friend who needed win. Took eight hours to get the cruor and pop sets prepped, and it all just crumbled in the last few minutes. Have four sets left though, so will try again.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-31 12:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thud said:
Cloudsplitter is elemental (not sure if any other emp WS are, wiki is acting up for me). If the aim was to 1-shot glavoid like NMs, that would probably be the WS of choice?
Wildfire and it has an ftp of 5.5 :). Not to mention 2 fire atmas and another one that adds straight 20% if you have 2hd weapon equiped
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-31 12:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Failed an attempt at this on Saturday. Got through the first Glavoid in under a minute, was a little choppy with full-resists of Aeolian Edge but it went down, when a JP LS ran up and popped Glavoid the second the ??? came up, thus rendering my brew useless when they took about 20 minutes to do it. Would've been fine had I not relied on the Magian book, but c'est la vie.
Magian book not work?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-31 13:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't last long enough. Maybe 45 seconds. You lose a lot of time when you have to keep spawning it.