Forum » FFXI » General » 1 Brew; 2 Force pops
1 Brew; 2 Force pops
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-26 16:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

First tag applies th6, th7 with atma of dread. If th8-10 made that big of a difference, that might be valid... but to my knowledge, there's very little research in way of that. All you need is a THF on standby to tag or have the brewer themselves be a THF.
By Fodder 2011-01-26 17:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay tuned for Martellobroo the exciting upcoming sequel to Salvage Bans.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 19:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Katoke said:
Forgetting the fact TH takes time to proc and if your not proccing TH on those NMs (least in Tah/LaTh/Kons), you'll probably be farming more sets anyway in that time.
Haste takes time to proc too
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-26 20:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Unless you're 48-49/50 shells and just don't want to wait, why would you ever brew Glavoid?

I don't know but, I saw it happen...twice while I was in tahrongi one day. (They almost wiped when brew wore off too, guess they couldn't kill it :<)
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-26 20:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Unless you're 48-49/50 shells and just don't want to wait, why would you ever brew Glavoid?

I don't know but, I saw it happen...twice while I was in tahrongi one day. (They almost wiped when brew wore off too, guess they couldn't kill it :<)
Incompetence
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 20:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Incompetence
This... seriously I would imagine a lvl 50 could probably win with brew in time. I'm guessing that some idiots somehow wiped around it and he was holding so people could get atmas and didn't pay attention to how long he had left on brew?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-26 20:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Killing 5 Glavoids, at 10 minutes each (Removing ??? respawn and whatever healing preparations.), that'd take 50 minutes, whereas brewing 5 with 1 brew would take around 10 minutes. If you're blitzing it for fastest and most effective time/effort ratio, you save an entire alliance 40 minutes by investing 2 hours in a cruor farming PT yourself.

One thing:

Who takes alliances to glavoid?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-26 20:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just thinking about this sort of strategy myself. Could potentially cut the time it takes to make an empyrean weapon by quite a nice chunk.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 20:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Killing 5 Glavoids, at 10 minutes each (Removing ??? respawn and whatever healing preparations.), that'd take 50 minutes, whereas brewing 5 with 1 brew would take around 10 minutes. If you're blitzing it for fastest and most effective time/effort ratio, you save an entire alliance 40 minutes by investing 2 hours in a cruor farming PT yourself.
One thing:

I was in one to get my alt credit. Was a shout group so ended going bad and had to bring my main to brew it since it had gone back up to 100% and everyone that hadn't timed out was quadruple weak
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2011-01-26 20:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Glavoid can be killed with 2-3 people with and mules in <5 minutes... I dont see the point wasting brews on it since you generally need a couple people to farm the KI's and get reds anyways. The vast majority of the time for glavoid is spent getting pops- the nm itself is trivial.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-26 20:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
One thing:

I was in one to get my alt credit. Was a shout group so ended going bad and had to bring my main to brew it since it had gone back up to 100% and everyone that hadn't timed out was quadruple weak

I wish I was there to see the show lol. It was pobably super raged or something too. One time, we took a glavoid from a group that was fighting it through 2 blunts in vana days after they just gave up. The thing was taking almost 0 damage critical hits...
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 20:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
One thing: Who takes alliances to glavoid?
I wish I was there to see the show lol. It was pobably super raged or something too. One time, we took a glavoid from a group that was fighting it through 2 blunts in vana days after they just gave up. The thing was taking almost 0 damage critical hits...
Hard to tell since I was controlling 2 characters but my alt took a 1k+ non crit melee hit a little before that... people were running and saccing to stop it from going back to spawn point then I show up and tell them to invite me and they were like huh!?! Then boom head shot and everyone going wow wtf happened. I didn't even gear for it lol
 Sylph.Gredival
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-01-26 20:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Use magian goggles talk to book, timer for brew won't go down since you're talking to npc

This really is rocking my brain... AND you could still stagger this way - pop, stagger, close the book, kill, book.... motherofgod.jpg

Until you get banned for abusing mechanics... They've patched ***before because of NPC abuse (remember the mammet trick in CoP missions anyone?)
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-26 20:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Use magian goggles talk to book, timer for brew won't go down since you're talking to npc

This really is rocking my brain... AND you could still stagger this way - pop, stagger, close the book, kill, book.... motherofgod.jpg

Until you get banned for abusing mechanics... They've patched ***before because of NPC abuse (remember the mammet trick in CoP missions anyone?)

Ohnoes!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-26 20:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't exactly a new feature to the game, it's been around since it came out. There just wasn't any real reason to use it until now.
 Sylph.Gredival
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-01-26 20:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Terrain had been out since the game came out too.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-26 20:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Terrain didn't get people banned afaik

Edit: assuming you mean the recent terrain tweaks, not WoJ
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 20:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Except terrain abuse technically violated the rules. Technically here the mob can and will still hurt you. And some could possibly kill you. You aren't actually doing anything to the mobs just sorta extending the duration of a buff.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-26 20:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont get why people pull the whole "lolwhyuseitonsomethingsoeasy"card.

1) What isnt easy in Abyssea? Rani maybe but even then, once you keep eponas rings dont need to really do it anymore

2) People act like getting cruor is hard.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-01-26 21:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lets just bring it to everyone's attention so it gets patched, thanks a bunch dude...
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-01-26 21:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

no one got banned for doing that npc invulnerability glitch for the mammets, as far as i know... but there were bans for doing that to AV!
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-01-26 21:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been around since Smn burning in the jungles, not exactly new. And yea, if you wanna be smart, take people that can blue/grellow the mob as well as th it, then blow it up with a brewtello. Drops kill time from 10 minutes for higher NMs to 1-2, with full procs.

Got 24 alfard fangs in 3 brews, do the math.

Using magian specs works, but it event skips you after 1 minute, wasting brew time. do it on a conflux/chest/martello.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-26 23:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Far cry between using a terrain glitch to take 0 damage from NMs and clicking an NPC to extend your brew duration so it's useful for more than 1 mob.
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-01-26 23:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
People generally proc the appropriate weakness before taking something down with the brewer.

Quote:

That's actually a pretty good idea.
good idea unless u get jailed laaaa
By Schwertzauberer 2011-01-27 00:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

One thing to remember is that the book itself is on a timer and will disappear after a fairly short amount of time (2-3 minutes tops). If a 2 minute break is all you need it should work, but don't be expecting to hold your brew while everyone grabs a bite and farms pops.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-27 00:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Schwertzauberer said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

One thing to remember is that the book itself is on a timer and will disappear after a fairly short amount of time (2-3 minutes tops). If a 2 minute break is all you need it should work, but don't be expecting to hold your brew while everyone grabs a bite and farms pops.

Cool.

Just resummon it then? I don't think it has a wait time at all..hell, you can even macro it, so it sucks 1-5seconds brew time per book spawn. Pretty good trade-off if you ask me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-27 01:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Schwertzauberer said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Cool.

Just resummon it then? I don't think it has a wait time at all..hell, you can even macro it, so it sucks 1-5seconds brew time per book spawn. Pretty good trade-off if you ask me.

It's easier/safer/better to just have someone pop the NM and drag it to the martello. Those few seconds is the difference between brewing an extra kill a lot of the time. Maybe if it was in some weird location the goggles would be nice. D: Still a neat trick though, I never even thought about the magian specs...
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-01-27 01:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

zomg empyrean weapons here i comez
 Leviathan.Bladefury
user: Bladefury
By Leviathan.Bladefury 2011-01-27 09:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Schwertzauberer said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cool. Just resummon it then? I don't think it has a wait time at all..hell, you can even macro it, so it sucks 1-5seconds brew time per book spawn. Pretty good trade-off if you ask me.
It's easier/safer/better to just have someone pop the NM and drag it to the martello. Those few seconds is the difference between brewing an extra kill a lot of the time. Maybe if it was in some weird location the goggles would be nice. D: Still a neat trick though, I never even thought about the magian specs...

Worked wonderfully using the Magian Specs on Bukhis with my mule RDM!! I'm sure that a bit of time got eaten up due to magian specs depopping, but it sure saved the hassle of dragging Bukhis around. I just wanted to test it out to see how it worked, and if it did in fact work.. lol

Only got 2 Bukhis out of it though, but that was 2 Bukhis done in 5 minutes total as opposed to the typical long dragging fights...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-27 09:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bukhis isn't really worth a brew. Bring 3 people who can evade and a grellow proc team (2 THF, DNC, BLM/BRD, WHM, BLU is what we try and go with). Send two of your evasion people in at a time (DNC+THF to start) and have people run and get buffs again if they're dispelled with the third evasion tank taking their place. 5-10 minute fights tops. If you can't pull that many people, you can do it with as few as 2x Evasion tank + WHM.

Adzaja, Pantokrator, Apademak, Shinryu, and Rani are the ones worth brewing that I can think of. It's obviously a cost:reward calculation you have to do for yourself, but I'd pay 200k cruor (split among those present) to shorten those 5 fights.