Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-13 13:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Oh, I have no idea. with the way thf is these days and RR SS it should be pretty massive.

I want to try Razorfury Warrior with griffon's claw RR SS to see if the MS king's justice -> Upheaval chain will one shot him one day

MS scourge -> reso was good for about half his HP or more before SoA, I'd imagine you could get close.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-09-26 13:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Thf soloing a yorcia lair reive. I've had a few people complain they can't do reives and it's impossible to solo them as thf/dnc/nin so here we go. As long as you make top tier evasion gearset you'll be fine and this worked just as well in the ravine with 5-6 Tulfaires smacking me. I got like 10-20 less AGI than all the other races too and it's no problem.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Good *** ^^ iv also done it as nin thf dnc no problem w/o evasion sets, i used DT & Vit/High def builds such as skirmish V2 (which most have pdt) and your basic PDT rings/neck/back.
 Sylph.Malizia
Server: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-09-26 18:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Thf soloing a yorcia lair reive. I've had a few people complain they can't do reives and it's impossible to solo them as thf/dnc/nin so here we go. As long as you make top tier evasion gearset you'll be fine[...]
Wow! I'm impressed. It looks like full Iuitl should give you similar (maybe slightly worse) evasion, and it's a lot easier to get than Uk'uxkaj cap and nahtirah trousers. You could get some decent PDT that way too.

I soloed some Yorcia reives thanks to your BLM video, which might have been the most boring thing ever. Now I'm going to have to try on THF :)

Edit: uh, soloing on BLM was boring, not the video >< that sentence looked a little weird on re-read

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-11-17 12:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

as always jos your thf solos inspire me but it tends to lead to me tryin ***like PW on rdm ><
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-11-17 13:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

WoE #13 is a fun solo, but you need to be careful with Ligeia as Typhoen Storm can really wreck your day. That said, if it does catch you, it is entirely possible to simply outrun the harpie as it stops to cast/attack very frequently.

Save your meds for her and make sure you have cleared the small birds in advance from any room on your escape path. Not entirely sure if I;ve just imagined this but the final harpie seems to get somewhat more spammy at low hp, so it might be smart to kill in order of decreasing threat: i.e. Ligeia, then Raidne, and lastly Leucocia, who is pretty much harmless.

WoE #11 is actually doable solo too, but killing the skeletons is rather slow thanks to a reduction to piercing damage. That said boss Naraka isn't especially accurate and doesn't appear to be subject to the same damage nerf.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-11-17 16:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You could probably do #9 as well, although the reduced hp/mp tp-move the amphiptres use could make it chancy. I've only soloed that on MNK though, but obviously body-boosts/giant's drinks will make up the difference.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [255 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-30 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

idk if this counts, but I solo'd the SKCNM10 "Tails of Woe" on Normal on THF in less than 4 min(forget the exact number). <.<;

Well, not really solo, I had trusts. But it was a lot of bunnies!!!
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-30 09:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Trusts have been implemented by the developers as part of your characters personal spellbook so in my opinion it counts.

If people want to say your spells don't count they might as well start stripping before attempting solos!

Reminds me of when people would argue meds and relics didn't count either.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [108 days between previous and next post]
By cervelo84 2014-11-15 21:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouryu- on VE

Ouryu on Easy ( but with a DNC )

Sj was Dnc, but I am going to try it with a pure evasion set and ninja SJ next time. Bloody bolts were healing me quite well. Incursion Xbow <3 very nice.