Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF solo's
THF solo's
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-26 08:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm sick of posting solo's in the DNC thread and i still have 30 mins to blow at work, so here's a list of what I've solo's so far on THF. Im not going to name really any NMs from the first expansion, as most are a joke now. Post your solo's also.

Div E-Sepid
Ovni (pack lots of antidotes)
Npfundlwa
Seps (really tricky ***. Hyper sleep is a ***)
Gnawtooth Gary
Kharon (just don't. Takes too long)
Whiro, Athamas, Minax Bugard (all jokes)
Almost all tier 2 VNMs (nothing in new zones yet)
Dvalinn (no *** clue how I managed this. 1/1 and got KI drop. I used almost every temp item I had on him plus I used about 4 remedies and close to a stack of echos. 87 alchemy so it's not really a big deal. Easily my best solo.)
Asanbosom
Kampe

Just to note, all of this is /NIN and using 2 EVA +2 Kilas. I pack around antidotes, remedies echo/eye drops and all temps possible. I can also only hold 2 Atma at a time. It's usually RR and either Noxious fang or Vissitude. I'll post better solos and start in the new zones once I get a better MDB set as well as my 3rd Atma slot.

Editx2: for morning retardness after a 12 night shift. Good catch
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-26 09:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw Div-E Sepid twice
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-26 09:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/THF huh? =O

Jokes aside though, that's a pretty impressive list. Dvalinn impressed me a lot (best I've done so far is duo on him with NIN friend and WHM)
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-26 09:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
THF/THF huh? =O

Jokes aside though, that's a pretty impressive list. Dvalinn impressed me a lot (best I've done so far is duo on him with NIN friend and WHM)

Yah. A tad tired. Thanks. /NIN

Remedies were the key to that. I popped fools drink at 20% or so also, just incase. I just need the soulflayer KI and I'm going to try Durinn. I might of got lucky with TP moves, but it's most def. Possible.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-26 10:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Durinn is easier than Dvalinn imo
[+]
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Server: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-01-26 10:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Brooder/Alkonost were jokes (I know, first expansion). Es'euvhi wasn't too hard either.

What atmas did you use for Ovni? You stick a regen one in there, or were temps enough to keep you alive while using full DD atmas?
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2011-01-26 10:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Agressor antlion
Gnawtooth gary
Ovni
Athamas
Funeral alkpaku (or how ever you spell it)
Minax bugard
Few tier 2 vnms
Shinryu (brew lul)
Whiro

Only ones I can think of off top of my head at the moment
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally speaking I almost always set GH and RR... but today I actually set 3 regen atams... Managed to get Bugol Noz to like 30% solo. Not bad considering I had 100/tic poison on like 70% of the time.

Wiki is way off on how large it's regain is. Like 90% of the time it will use tp move again before poison aura wears off so the only time you aren't poisoned is when it is readying and using the move. I was only able to ws once because it kept stealing tp.

More temps and who knows.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2011-01-26 10:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally. xD

fear gorta
khalamari
irrlicht
chasmatic hornet
mangy tailed marvin
piasa
bhumi
hungerer
yearner
aggressor antlion
whiro
At'euvhi
Es'euvhi
asanbosam
athamas
funeral apkallu
heqet
manohra
chickarney
hazhdiha
Ouzelum
-lolshinryu

with my whitemage mule

bakka
briarus and all 3 of the KI nm's for him
ovni
iratham
minhocao
yaaneei
abyssic cluster
amhuluk
flame skimmer
kutharei
div e sepid
iktomi
lord varney
sippoy
Ansherekh
Sharabha
Awahondo

stronghold, mounted champion, razed ruins. 504 evasion ftw. more nm's are probably easy or soloable, just havent tried them. yet.
yes, some of them full solo's i used temporary pots when it got hairy. ones like marvin and hornet i was killing for abyssite/drops as my ls was gathering te chests. happy hunting my fellow THF's.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-26 11:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In the 2+ years that I have had thf this is assuredly the most fun I have ever had with it. I've soloed several of the above mentioned NM's but I was totally high on adrenalin when I soloed Za'Dha Adamantking!!! It was naturally long fight, as his regen is nuts and he uses benediction to boot!! But I kept swaping bolts. Acid, poison, bloody. Bloody bolts, surprisingly enough, weren't needed as often as I thought. In fact, it was only really hairy in the begining, when I had a Sapphire, Ruby, Adaman and Ancient to deal with as well o.O Once I took out the Sapphire, Ruby, Adaman, and Ancient (In that order), I settled in for the Fight... Almost full drops off of him too. A very rewarding battle without atmas!!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-26 11:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not 5 min ago. 2 days actually (Still reveling in the rush XD)
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-26 12:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
Brooder/Alkonost were jokes (I know, first expansion). Es'euvhi wasn't too hard either.

What atmas did you use for Ovni? You stick a regen one in there, or were temps enough to keep you alive while using full DD atmas?

I only used Vissitude and RR. I saved Aura/Steal for when he used Fluoresence. I was able to dispel it 80% off the time. He only KO'd me once, and that was duo. Blind, acid, venom, and bloody bolts were all used. Venom when he invincibles will help quite a bit.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 13:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Did you use a poison screen at all?
Fight is way longer than that would last lol. So in the end would be about as good as more temp healing items
 Siren.Deric
Server: Siren
user: Deric
By Siren.Deric 2011-01-27 11:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fistule (<5 minute fight)
Ash Dragon - Be prepared to /heal quite a bit after Chaos Blade"s" ~.~
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-27 11:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fistule's pretty easy on DNC, but I didn't think about trying on THF. Did you kill before the babies divided again? Or did you use meds?
 Siren.Deric
By Siren.Deric 2011-01-27 13:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pop Stalwart's and your normal Champion's Tonics at start and go to town. You will want to have your 2hr and a fanatics handy and your basic Lucid Potion I and II~ Don't bother recasting Ichi, only Ni as needed. I always completely ignored babies and just focused on killing Fistule asap~ which usually was around the 4 minute mark. Generally goes like:
~
At the time used RR/GH/VV

Pop him > Stalwart's/Champion's Tonics
Pistules Pop > Perfect Dodge
Perfect Dodge Wears > Fanatic's Drink
Use Lucid Potions/Dusty/Lucid Elixer as needed
~~
He does a Slow AE that you will want to save your Catholicon for.
~~

I only really needed to do this 4 times or so for my 50 Discharges as I was able to have a WHM friend come most of the time and throw a few Cures out, though obviously this is about soloing :)
 Siren.Deric
By Siren.Deric 2011-01-27 13:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The babies only divide if you engage and damage them. I've seen alliances struggle with him because they took action against them and spawned offspring after offspring.

If you don't touch them(even counters from GH don't cause them to split) you will only have to deal with 3(Fistule and 2 Pistules) at most for the entire fight.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-27 14:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they will divide if they get enough TP from hitting you too, and it doesn't seem like it takes many hits for them, or maybe they share TP or it only takes one of them to get enough TP (my first attempt, I didn't bother with shadows much because I didn't think they could split from TP move, but they split twice, so eight babies+NM on me). The babies aren't even a big deal, it's the Fluid Spread that they time together.

Ichi is actually pretty easy to cast in between hits if they're hitting at the same time because they hit so slow, but if they're all staggered, I don't bother (theoretically I think you could run away from them to get them to hit at the same time, but that's easier said than done). If I'm able to Ichi, then they usually don't get a chance to split until maybe the very, very end.

I never used meds or 2hour though, always forget to >.>
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-27 14:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Flippie! get on msn
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-27 14:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost always on MSN unless I d/c and forget about it! Just invisible :x
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-27 14:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Come out of invis rq so i can set you to view as invisible. otherwise you don't show up on my friend list at all.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-27 14:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

But what if you're the reason I set invisible on in the first place!?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-27 14:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Deric
By Siren.Deric 2011-01-27 14:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, that could be. Fight isn't long enough for them to get TP from me to do any TP moves regardless.

Fistule on the other-hand, seems to have a separate timer for Cytokinesis that he uses every 30 seconds or so. His other more typical jelly TP moves seem more in-line with normal TP generation from me hitting him and taking some damage from him.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Kajii
Server: Leviathan
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-03-17 23:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips for Ovni solo?
 Diabolos.Mesheef
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-18 01:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Fattynoob said:
Finally. xD

fear gorta
khalamari
irrlicht
chasmatic hornet
mangy tailed marvin
piasa
bhumi
hungerer
yearner
aggressor antlion
whiro
At'euvhi
Es'euvhi
asanbosam
athamas
funeral apkallu
heqet
manohra
chickarney
hazhdiha
Ouzelum
-lolshinryu

with my whitemage mule

bakka
briarus and all 3 of the KI nm's for him
ovni
iratham
minhocao
yaaneei
abyssic cluster
amhuluk
flame skimmer
kutharei
div e sepid
iktomi
lord varney
sippoy
Ansherekh
Sharabha
Awahondo

stronghold, mounted champion, razed ruins. 504 evasion ftw. more nm's are probably easy or soloable, just havent tried them. yet.
yes, some of them full solo's i used temporary pots when it got hairy. ones like marvin and hornet i was killing for abyssite/drops as my ls was gathering te chests. happy hunting my fellow THF's.

Don't waste your time listening to this guy, watched him take half an ally to their doom while he thf "tanked" Pallid Percy. Hell he even had his dual box whm and a bunch of blm's for stun.

The same nm a nin/war can solo with a fools drink.

Of course he is also the same guy that kicked me from a ls because I called him out so I might be biased, but truthfully he always tanks thf/nin with blm's and whm's surrounding him and can't survive.
Being in his ls felt like I was pulling a bus strapped to my back filled with Jerry's Kids.
[+]
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-03-18 07:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ovni's easy if you have Aura Steal, though there's always a chance it could get a Boosted TP move off with shadows down regardless. Just steal/dispel when it uses Fluorescence (sp?) and keep your shadows up. It has terrible accuracy.

Keep temps on you for things like Vitriolic Barrage and other TP moves that might get through. When I solo'd it, it'd usually get about 6 TP moves on me before I got it down. Kill during piercing hours for a shot at blue !!

Also, for reference, here's Mesheef's thread:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18433/hate-tells/
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-03-25 19:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mielikki

Vissitude, RR, and either another MDB ATMs or a earth resist atma. You'll use enough meds and will have to restock after every round. But it maybe took 10 mins. He's not a push over so try not to f^ck up.
First Page 2 3