Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-17 14:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said: »
Do I really have to stalk you guys every day and keep you guys in line? It's well within your abilities to correct someone without resorting to blatant insults.

"Wrong" is not an insult. It as in observation and it is far more *** annoying to have false information spread because someone thinks they're right.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-03-17 14:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Do I really have to stalk you guys every day and keep you guys in line? It's well within your abilities to correct someone without resorting to blatant insults.

"Wrong" is not an insult. It as in observation and it is far more *** annoying to have false information spread because someone thinks they're right.
I'd have to say that repeating it *counts* 104 times, is pretty insulting. Again, let me repeat that you can easily prove your point once and be done with it without resorting to insults.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-17 14:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Beats having to say it in 104 posts. It's still not an insult.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 14:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'd say calling my math wrong without even attempting to prove it is pretty *** insulting too. I guarantee if Nightfyre posted the same math, dude wouldn't have said anything.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-17 14:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

you can easily prove your point once and be done with it without resorting to insults.

Except the point was proven, and has been previously proven. Yet, they still won't accept the simple fact that they are not correct.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-03-17 14:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Beats having to say it in 104 posts. It's still not an insult.
Then this is where I get to say I'm a mod, and you're not. Carry on the discussion--and if you can't do so without disparaging other players, then I'm here to make sure you don't post here again.

Except the point was proven, and has been previously proven. Yet, they still won't accept the simple fact that they are not correct.
Then why do you find the need to continue posting?
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 14:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The real insult is to the NIN job as a whole. He claimed to have accuracy problems on DCs.

Melee BLMs are capping accuracy on DCs :(
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-17 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people see "information" that they believe to be useful and follow the "advice" to construct their TP sets and subsequently inform others of their "knowledge" and then we have hundred of Kaerins circulating.

Unless, of course, it is clarified that they actually aren't making a valid point.
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 14:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They keep posting because I used their faulty math and corrected it to prove I was right.

And now they have nothing.
Oops, accidently looked at this thread and posted in it again. =[
I've also argued against Nightfrye before.
And how you can all fight DCs and not cap crit rate is just sad. I pity you.

EDIT: Reading comprehension is good too, I said if you can't easily cap crit rate, you should be adding accuracy because it will most likely not be capped as well.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-03-17 14:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people see "information" that they believe to be useful and follow the "advice" to construct their TP sets and subsequently inform others of their "knowledge" and then we have hundred of Kaerins circulating.

Unless, of course, it is clarified that they actually aren't making a valid point.
Then we'll leave that to the discretion of the players--not you--who happen to read this thread, and hope to God that they follow substantiated advice.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 14:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaerin said: »
They keep posting because I used their faulty math and corrected it to prove I was right.

I've also argued against Nightfrye before. And how you can all fight DCs and not cap crit rate is just sad. I pity you.
Even if Byakko's put you at exactly 50 dDEX, would not even be 1% increase over Koga +2, without Shinobi Ring.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 14:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So you cap dDEX on VW mobs? Doubt it. Guess you don't cap acc either, sucks to be you.
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 14:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

I've also argued against Nightfrye before. And how you can all fight DCs and not cap crit rate is just sad. I pity you.
Even if Byakko's put you at exactly 50 dDEX, would not even be 1% increase over Koga +2, without Shinobi Ring.

Better is better.
Also, you're carrying around byakkos already anyway, why make and carry around AF2+2 when theyre inferior?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 14:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Better is better.
Reading comprehension is good. You'd need to hit EXACTLY 50 dDEX with your set, no more, no less. Otherwise, it's worse. Must suck fighting mobs with only 84 AGI, guess that's why you're not very good, fighting worse than dynamis mobs.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 14:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they're not inferior 99.9% of the time.
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 14:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

At least I'm not advertising inferior sets as the best.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 14:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

At least I'm not advertising inferior sets as the best.
You are, 99.99% of the time your set is worse.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-17 14:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as NIN being a relevant DD, it pretty much ends at dynamis. Koga pants set is going to be better regardless in dynamis, and you have the ability to use shinobi ring with ease. You still won't be capping ddex on DC mobs, and you won't have accuracy issues.
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 14:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
As far as NIN being a relevant DD, it pretty much ends at dynamis. Koga pants set is going to be better regardless in dynamis, and you have the ability to use shinobi ring with ease. You still won't be capping ddex on DC mobs, and you won't have accuracy issues.

This set easily trumps your AF2+2 leg set and is most likely the best possible without marches.

This set with AF1+1 body sometimes caps my crit rate on poopy lame stuff like dynamis, and this actual set listed with AF3+2 body always has.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 14:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You need ~142 DEX (on average) to cap Crit Rate vs. DCs in Dynamis. It obviously varies from mob to mob, but the average AGI is 92.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-17 14:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I happily await a set that beats a capped haste koga pants set, good luck.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 14:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also like to point out that I didn't just make that number up. But, since we're not proving things, I won't.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 14:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm right 0.01% of the time, therefor I'm right all of the time.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use shinobi, ninja chainmail would still beat Thaumas.

And your set with iga would still be behind your set with chainmail.
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 15:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use shinobi, ninja chainmail would still beat Thaumas.

5% DW beats 12 accuracy 3% QA 3% TA 3% DA 5 STR and 5STP? Maybe if the 5% DW caps your delay reduction it stands a chance, but not with just haste.

And your set with iga would still be behind your set with chainmail.

Except for that whole little thing where if AF1+1 body isn't capping my crit rate, 99% of the time I also need to equip the AF3+2 body to cap my acc. If most of the AF3+2 body is having an effect on damage output, it is better then AF1+1.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-03-17 15:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My head hurts.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 15:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking dynamis mobs, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time capping acc.

And yes, 5% DW would if you don't need the accuracy.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 15:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Except for that whole little thing where if AF1+1 body isn't capping my crit rate, 99% of the time I also need to equip the AF3+2 body to cap my acc.

If you're not capping Acc on DCs in Dynamis, then you don't have capped Katana skill. I don't care what your dDEX is.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 15:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you're such a badass, we'll step up to red curries.

We'll assume EXACTLY 50 dDEX for your set.

So 35 for this one.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10